The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

If you take a look at most of his goals someone is always in front screening the goalie. My question is who will do that in Vancouver, Ryan Kesler is going to be injured so he can't until later in the season.

Unless we sign a big body who always stands in front of the goalie like Holmstrom, I wouldn't expect this guy to "tear" it up. He is fast and can make some nice passes, but will he be able to withstand the physical play in the NHL?

All things to think about, also is he a right side or left side Defencemen?

" It appears Schultz is in no panic to meet with Oilers management, and that's a bad sign. He was to meet with Taylor Hall yesterday, but got sidetracked and the meeting didn't occur. It sounds like the Calgary Flames asked to meet with Schultz, but were turned down, as he has no interest. From what I understand, the Schultz camp does plan on meeting with the Oilers, but at this time a different team is the priority."

I have on very good conformation from my boy SamJam that this is what occured in the meeting between Schultz and AV

Schultz to Vigneault: Will I get to qb the powerplay?

Vigneault: Nope

Schultz to Vigneault: Will I be a top 4 dman on the team

AV: Nope

Schultz to Vigneault: Will I get to pay 10+ minutes

AV: Nope

Schultz to Vigneault: Will I at least get to be in the lineup for most of the season and not a healthy scratch?

AV: Who the hell do you think you are kid, Bobby Orr? Of course not.

Archived