The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Things that made me happy:

Well Hamhuis is a great D (he makes bieksa look WAY better than he really is)

Tanev is a gem. Finished +2 tonight (team high) and a point :)

Gragnani is a good passer

We scored 4 goals!!!!

Things that made me angry:

The odd man rushes..this was coyotes, imagine doing that against Detroit, Chicago, Nashville...we are going to get lit up.

Edler and Bieksa = DISASTER

Lu is not on his game and neither is the team (though the offence showed up but the D (except Tanev and Hamhuis, did not)

Conclusion: I cannot believed I watched that depressing game instead of working on my essay. Next game, I better see Schneider in net. I am NOT a lu hater, but I AM sick and tired of seeing him let in ton of goals the past few games. Had he not given a bad rebound on the first goal, the outcome would have been different as the Canucks played really well first period. Please, start Schneider and do something about the D. We have good D but cant play a good defensive game. If cant fix before PO, fire the defense coach. DO SOMETHING, time is running out.

Were you watching the game??? Raymond was easily the best player on either team. Booth on the other hand, I think he's past his prime. Let

that old-timer go to make room for young wipper-snappers like Nolan Baumgartner. If Mug were GM, things would be different around, a lot different indeed.

The D might have been bad but the number of rebounds Luongo lets out is just crazy. Not to mention the garbage goal where Doan (I think it was Doan) just walked around him and he was floundering around like a fish out of water I actually got embarassed through the TV. I'm sorry but if Cory Schneider starts this game no question its 2 points in the standings...

few things:

-1st round exit- Not an over reaction, just the truth that I think we need to face. Something feels wrong, and even when we win, I still find myself questioning the lineup. Doesnt feel complete

-IF we want to be able to make any noise in the playoffs, let Schneider start playing now, to A) earn the number 1 role, B) motivate luongo

-maybe a first round exit would be good. End of the luongo+AV era. Some fresh new blood. I'm afraid to say that I think this Era of the Canucks may indeed be over

-Burrows, Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Hansen, Lapierre, Pahlsson, Hamhuis.

These are the players that are battling even when the going gets tough.

Kassian needs a bigger role, weise was innefective (zomg 1 good hit zomg!), the sedin act is stale and raymond is probably the worst hockey player that has been on this teams roster in the last 3 years.

The problem is the team -- it's Luongo -- it's the Sedins -- it's who knows

else. Seeking a common factor, is there any chance that the problem might

not be the players, but the people who move them around the chessboard: the

coach, or the manager?

You'd think after 2 periods you'd realize as a coach that "Hey! this isn't working!". Seriously, what was wrong with Bieksa and Hamhuis. Same thing with Raymond and the Sedins. Cool experiment, but it wasn't working, so why not put Burrows back in for the 3rd? especially when down a goal.

I just don't understand his logic.

So Mad/Sad right now :sadno:

And you would think some people on here have never watched a full season of hockey before. You have to be patient people, the team's going through a slump right now. One stretch of games can turn that all around.

If the playoffs started tomorrow, sure I'd be worried. But they've got 12 games to get things right before the playoffs, which is alot more comfort than alot of teams have.

Archived