The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Gdt) Canucks Vs Ducks - April 3Rd 2012

SixtyEight

After skimming over these comments it seems clear that the collective age of the posters is somewhere around 16.

Yes, some people need to cut down on the "sky is falling" mentality, but you are allowed to criticize your team without being called a bandwagoner. That is like saying that just because I voted for Obama 4 years ago I now have no right to criticize him and his policies. And unfortunately, some people do think that way. But I'm probably talking to a wall since it sounds like most folks here aren't even old enough to vote yet.

As far as what other fans think of us. You are wrong. I lived in Ottawa for a while - fans booed the team when it played bad. I went to games in Philly - they were brutal on Bryz when he was struggling. Toronto and Montreal boo their teams when they clearly play bad. So does Boston. So do Rangers.

Also, since many people drink at the game their emotions can get a little heated. It's the environment, you are not in a museum. What our fanbase does get picked on for is how sensitive we are about everything and handling players with kid gloves. And you know what, they are not so far off....

Did you watch cup final last year? I know we didn't score. We knew we had a hard time scoring and when Lu let in that stinker I still seethe look on bieksas face. This team is good with two good goalies. But we need the goalies to play well. We can't afford bad games, we can't afford mistakes. I know everyone makes them but these guys need to play solid as a team and our goalies have to make the big save!

That's true, but I think Schneids is way stronger mentally to handle it. He is cool as a cuke and so technically sound, he makes it look almost easy and I think that rubs off on the team to a certain extent.

Surprise Surprise! The Eastern media only likes to talk about the Canucks when there's controversy...

If that hadn't happened they probably would have been talking about the Leafs or Blue Jays during the intermission. :rolleyes:

No, Leafs or Habs fans have never cheered against or mocked their own teams....

He actually is, Luongo was going to let in every scoring chance the Ducks got tonight. I'm not saying that Luongo isn't capable of being great, but he was not good tonight. I definitely don't agree with him getting booed, or cheering at the pull...whatever it was. I'm not at the game so you can't really blame that on me. Luongo didn't make one hard save on like 15 or so shots he faced so the only sane decision is to put Schneider in so you at least have some chance of coming back and winning.

He actually is, Luongo was going to let in every scoring chance the Ducks got tonight. I'm not saying that Luongo isn't capable of being great, but he was not good tonight. I definitely don't agree with him getting booed, or cheering at the pull...whatever it was. I'm not at the game so you can't really blame that on me. Luongo didn't make one hard save on like 15 or so shots he faced so the only sane decision is to put Schneider in so you at least have some chance of coming back and winning.

We are called the most fickle fans in NHL for a reason.

Really? Booing your goalie who hasn't allowed more than 2 goals a game for how long? Yes Lou sucked tonight, as much as his teammates in front of him. But Luongo is not allowed to have a bad game in a couple of months? He's a top-paying goalie BEFORE he is a human being?

Seriously...

Surprise Surprise! The Eastern media only likes to talk about the Canucks when there's controversy...

If that hadn't happened they probably would have been talking about the Leafs or Blue Jays during the intermission. :rolleyes:

No, Leafs or Habs fans have never cheered against or mocked their own teams....

Archived