Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Players Gone Next Season ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

#1 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

I honestly think everyone is tradable Except of course the Sedins... Our deadline deals get an absolute fail. I wonder if Gillis went with a semi idea for a youth movement when he bizzarely dealt our franchise in Hodgson.

#2 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

we aren't philly. it doesn't just work like that.
oh, and you think burrows, hansen, and higgins are going? get real.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#3 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Kesler for Giroux, I could only wish.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#4 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Just trade everyone. <_< I love fans like you.

canucks141.png

#5 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

I know everyone wants to blow up the team, but it's not happening. Elite teams have been upset by 8 seeds tons of times before, and most of them didn't blow up their teams. If we lose (and we probably will) there will likely be some fairly big changes, but the core will still remain together.

#6 van_ws

van_ws

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Sedins, Burrows, Hansen and Higgins are probably not going to move. I would keep Hamhuis and Tanev. Luongo is probably gone, so Schneider will take the reins of #1 goalie.

I want the following players gone or at least considered for trade:

- Raymond (Get him out of here at all costs)
- Kesler
- Rome

Edler and Bieksa should not be untouchable either. Fire the coaching staff and axe Gillis please.

#7 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Higgins, Hansen, Hamhuis and Bieksa will be back next year. Anyone else is fair game.

#8 Luongo97

Luongo97

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

honestly i think luongo will be moved to a florida based team. ballard moved or buried, salo retired, pahlsson walks, for the love of god i hope rome leaves, vignault fired, something will happen with raymond. and my dark horse/surprise pick to be moved is burrows (i dont think it will happen, but i wouldnt be surprised). this team needs a serious culture change. the whining, diving, and theatrics have got to go. kesler seriously tarnished his name in this series.

#9 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

core needs a change

only players with heart are safe: burrows, hansen, hamhuis...all others are in play for trades.

#10 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

trade raymond, possibly ballard or rome, and definitely not kesler

#11 Sandro17

Sandro17

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Trade Kesler? Are you crazy? IMO get Booth needs to either learn to use his team mates more or get traded.

#12 Cannucker

Cannucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

IF we lose our core is going to stay intact and it should, Boston lost four straight to Philly but their entire roster was not overhauled. Obviously the Sedins stay, Kesler stays, burrows stays, manny stays, hansen, higgins and anybody with a NTC. I just hope raymond is gone because although he has no bargaining chip and can be signed for a million he is useless. I just wanted to see Salo get another crack at the cup.

#13 robes

robes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I think Kesler needs to go.

#14 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

I honestly think everyone is tradable Except of course the Sedins... Our deadline deals get an absolute fail. I wonder if Gillis went with a semi idea for a youth movement when he bizzarely dealt our franchise in Hodgson.

this thread is an absolute fail. If Hodgson was the franchise the Canucks would be neck and neck with Columbus. I can just imagine what a difference he would have made in this series...

#15 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Can someone please explain to me how Luongo will be gone in the summer unless he himself decides to waive his NTC?

#16 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,066 posts

If they need to free up cap room to sign Suter, trade Ballard. But I will like to see Malhotra gone if possible.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#17 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

We need a true number 1 defenseman IMO... also i wouldn't care less if Bieksa was traded. Salo could come back again only if he is in a 5/6 role we can't have him in a top 4 role. Raymond has proven time and again useless in the playoffs. I think Phallson ain't coming back, Higgins needs to be on the 3rd line, not consistent enough for a top six role.

even those moves on forward alone really isn't shaking up this team that much, Im not sold on Booth either.

I completely forgot about Ballard, he absolutely has to be traded. you cannot pay a guy top 4 money for a #6 role. Id like to see us run with schneider too, how much more does the guy have to prove that he is more than capable of handing the number 1 duties and Luongo ain't getting any younger.

Edited by bobopan, 15 April 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#18 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Wish we could trade the Sedins... Of course they'd be a package deal.. We need some serious grit. Wouldn't get equal value skill wise, but I don't think we can win w/ these guys big time.

#19 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,220 posts

this thread is an absolute fail. If Hodgson was the franchise the Canucks would be neck and neck with Columbus. I can just imagine what a difference he would have made in this series...

You have to admit that he would've made more of a difference than Kassian. With Daniel out, the Canucks would have had more options to play with if Hodgson was in the lineup.

#20 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,559 posts

Our core is set and they aren't going anywhere
It's the bottom end depth players that need a revamp. Too many passengers on the current squad IMO; too many players content to watch other players do the work and not want to get engaged themselves.

Pahlsson, Raymond, Malhotra (sadly), Weise, Kassian, Lapierre are all candidates.
Wish I could put Booth on that list but doubt anyone will want his salary on their hands
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#21 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,119 posts

Mason Raymond and Manny Malhotra...

Press the Panic Button! arrow.small.up.gif

Signature-canuckmunkey.jpg
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl, Steve Montador
Sig by .CM.

#22 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Can someone please explain to me how Luongo will be gone in the summer unless he himself decides to waive his NTC?

I possibly see him asking a trade. This team looks like it has no direction. And whatever direction it did have, went out the window post trade deadline. Given the amount of turmoil that'll arise if we get swept, he'll want out.
Posted Image

#23 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

Well if the management tells him he's no longer needed and is going foward without him, he's not going to be stupid enough to not waive the NTC to stay here being a back up to Schneider. I'm pretty sure it will be, "Thats fine, thank you Mike, " Mike Gillis will then tell him, because of his contract, he will do the best to send Him to another team, he will probably understand that, and there we go. He waives his NTC, and we move on.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#24 aznB

aznB

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Kesler for Richards!

#25 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

If you want a legit return you gotta move a legit piece. I'm talking Luongo if he waives NTC, Kesler, Edler, etc. If you guys want to dump Raymond or Ballard that's fine... you can't expect much of anything in return though. They are probably worth more to us than what anyone would give up to get them...

I wouldn't be surprised if something happened. I can't say I would be surprised if nothing happened either though. Maybe the unthinkable will happen and we make a comeback and go to round 2.

Edited by Demo250, 15 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

If we could just get rid of Luongo and AV I would be delighted.

#27 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Canucks core is in it's prime and not scoring. That's the facts.

ljfVQAn.jpg?1

#28 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

manny, raymond, edler (finally people see it), luongo, rome, AV.

#29 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Kesler seems to be unable to cut those bs dives and s***. So I wouldn't mind if he wasn't back on the team next season...

Edited by (>'-')>, 15 April 2012 - 10:57 PM.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#30 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Why is EVERYONE bashing Lu now?? If it wasnt for him last season, we wouldve lost to chicago, ya, this year we arent doing well, its NOT BECAUSE OF LU, its because of the players we traded for, Kassian is suppose to be aggressive, has he been? Nope, hes been doing nothing!!!!!!!! And MG was stupid enough to TRADE Coho for Kassian. Cocho wouldve scored a few goals for us! Sedids, Burr, Kes, Higgins, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Salo (might retire or sign one more year), Edler, Lu or schneids will NOT GO.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.