The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Schneider Trade Is Just What The Fans And Luongo Need?

TwinTelepathy

Im not even gonna bother, just go on youtube and watch some of Luongo highlights.. that might cheer you up. just try to avoid the ones of his epic playoff meltdowns though. :lol:

I purposely misspelt my name because "Dan Hamhuis" was taken, but since youre too much of a smart guy that didnt occur to you.

:picard:

Luongo fan boys these days are getting crazy.

Thank you for finally stating something that sounds reasonable unlike the other idiots who leave smart-ass, idiotic comments (typical vancouvertes? idk). Now that I look at what you said, its a sad fact that many feel that the organization must move on without Luongo. I know that Cory will be an all-star goalie, but the thing is, we can get more out of Cory (tradewise) and I always thought that the Canucks needed some "it factor", a scorer that can actually finish (unlike Kesler who misses the net after like 30 attempts) and help out D.Sedin. Booth obviously didn't provide it, Hodgson showed shades of it (but now he's gone), and I think Cory is the piece that will lure other teams into making a big, good trade for us and the other teams likewise. I also ASSUME that Luongo would perform better as the only Number 1 guy, rather than side-kick.

Im not even gonna bother, just go on youtube and watch some of Luongo highlights.. that might cheer you up. just try to avoid the ones of his epic playoff meltdowns though. :lol:

I purposely misspelt my name because "Dan Hamhuis" was taken, but since youre too much of a smart guy that didnt occur to you.

:picard:

Luongo fan boys these days are getting crazy.

make a list of things Lu needs to be great again

no pregnant wife

no playing chicago

no playing boston

no playing l.a

no great back-up

no break aways

no being tricky and shooting

once he is down whistle blows

no shooting between the legs

once he loses his stick play stops

no pulling him,,especially in finals even if they score 8

dont count october stats

dont count playoff stats

let him play poker till 4am even if they play the next day

make him captain again

plays lots to get in groove

dont play too much because he tires out

once they score no more goals allowed for a 10 minute period so not to give up goals in bunches

no bad reffing so he dont lose focus

timeout if he needs to take a dump

move vancouver closer to florida

Ok, I'll stop playing with your ass.

Look, you make some nice, valid reasoning as to why we should keep Schneider but you do not need to completely oppose me as this topic is based on my opinion. If your opinion is, "Schneids all the way!" then go for it. I'm not Mike Gillis. Your not Mike Gillis, so we have to trust in him to do what is better for the team. I am still a fan of the Canucks and of the Canadiens through thick and thin.

Say what you want about Lu, at least he provides us some stability in net for the future.

Say we trade Luongo, and Schneider is only willing to sign a 2 or 3 year contract and then bolts as a UFA.

Then we're stuck with being a goalie graveyard again and missing the playoffs year after year.

Luongo is the safer bet since he's locked in, you know what he brings with his play and his cap hit. Schneider can also fetch more value for us.

Say what you want about Lu, at least he provides us some stability in net for the future.

Say we trade Luongo, and Schneider is only willing to sign a 2 or 3 year contract and then bolts as a UFA.

Then we're stuck with being a goalie graveyard again and missing the playoffs year after year.

Luongo is the safer bet since he's locked in, you know what he brings with his play and his cap hit. Schneider can also fetch more value for us.

Before I start, I want to say that all the talk with the media about Vancouver being the "goalie graveyard" is total Bull. All Hockey crazed teams have it and huge criticism is present in sports....I'm pretty sure if cities like Toronto and in Montreal (which im going to talk about) had the luxury of goalies with the calibre of Luongo and Schneider, then the fans in those cities would be reacting the same if one of the goalies were to "not be able to perform" to their expectations, if not more in those cities, especially Montreal...... I mean, Reimer/Gustavsson is not exactly Luongo/Schneider LOL.

With all of the Luongo/Schneids talk going on nowadays, I see it being really similar to the situation we had in Montreal (I am a huge Habs fan and Canucks fan as I'm from originally from Montreal). A few years back it wasn't Luongo/Schneider but for us, it was Price/Halak. I remember that year when it was only pre-season that critics were ready to watch Price's every move, to see if he would stop all the pucks shot at him and if even one "bad" goal were to go in, EVERYONE in the bell center would start jeering and make fun of him, yelling at management to trade him (MUCH like that of Vancouver) and Halak (Schneider in this case) was the beloved one of Montreal. Carey Price was so hated at a time that people started making fun of him even in the Pre-season by "mockingly cheering" him when ever Price made an easy save (remember, this was in Pre- Season), causing Price to take shots at the fans with his "Chill out, it's only pre-season rant" (I'm surprised that Luongo didn't do anything like that even once). Halak soon became "the saviour" as there were games when Price choked and Halak basically came to "save the day" and even steal games for them. The goaltending controversy had begun in Montreal.

In the playoffs that year, the underdog Canadiens stunned the NHL when they took out giants like the Capitals and Penguins and Halak (the so-called backup) was the guy that lead the Canadiens to the Conference finals with the Flyers (Schneids played amazing in the first round). Even though the Canadiens lost that round, Montreal was beaming with excitement, making songs about about how Halak was the best goalie (yes, I said making songs), stores selling-out Halak jerseys and people were even saying that this "Halak" would be the second coming of Patrick Roy.

Canadiens fans were absolutely stunned when the management let Halak go to St. Louis (I believe he is the back-up currently) and were left with "having to accept" their "original projected Number 1" (sound like Luongo?) Carey Price. Sure, you can say that the Canadiens haven't been doing well, especially this year, but now, there is NO goaltending controversy in Montreal. In fact, most of the blame from a disappointing season like this (for the Canadiens) wasn't put on the most common target, Price, but rather the management and the leadership. Price actually seems to be doing a LOT better now without Halak and Montreal fans have grown into accepting Price. (Maybe that will be the same case with Luongo and Vancouver won't be a "goalie graveyard")

As much as Schneider lovers wouldn't want Schneids to go, I think you gotta keep Luongo. I think Luongo would do much better if he didn't have to worry about the other goalie outplaying him (I'm not sure about Eddie Lack but he is not as good as Schneider). Canucks fans are truly lucky that they are blessed with two wonderful goalies. Luongo, who lead this team one win away from glory, in my mind, must stay. I don't think the Canucks would be the same without him.

I agree with the OP I'm leaving if AV stays but both Lu and AV should go period.

Then there is truly is no hope cause both choke when it matters most.

In otherwords their no better than any other team cause they fail when it matters most.

... and they sure do not deserve me as a fan. Also, with the NHL's rumor of a lockout, they do not deserve me as a fan. A Canucks' Cup win was supposed to be last year.

246+ hours a year wasted watching a social gathering I don't even attend,

250+ hours reading, researching and keeping in touch with hockey related news,

500+ hours a year gained for other purposes that are much more important to life than hockey,

PRICELESS

That's right. This is my last post at CDC. I'm done.

WTF??? I cannot delete my account???

If you guys wana talk trade value, then most teams would be looking at Schneider rather than Luongo as he is a younger goalie. We would get more in return for Schneids and give Luongo a chance to "steal the spotlight" as he has done before. I remember when analysts used to say "Luongo stole the game for the canucks" almost all the time. I want to hear more of that come next season.

... and they sure do not deserve me as a fan. Also, with the NHL's rumor of a lockout, they do not deserve me as a fan. A Canucks' Cup win was supposed to be last year.

500+ hours a year gained for other purposes that are much more important to life than hockey,

PRICELESS

PRICELESS

Archived