The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

Luongo never asked to get traded nor has he even submitted a list of teams he wants to get traded too.

James Duthie decided to get ahead and want to capitalize on the chance to get subscribers by saying, Luongo is interested in Toronto.

In one Sentence you have the name "Roberto Luongo" and "Toronto Maple Leafs" As a Leafs why wouldn't you get excited? Leafs having the biggest fan base all of sports, Duthie will capitalize hopefully on more followers and attention and on top of that draw attention from another huge ass fan base Vancity.

Luongo has never said anything about any other team. Of course, it will make some sense, because we know, Dave Nonis will try to convince Burke to trade for Luongo on top of that, his old goalie coach is in Toronto, so it will "almost" be perfect for him, however that team is a garbage hockey team, even if you don't count goaltending, 2007 Canucks >>>> Current Maple Leafs.

On top of that, Philly is probably kicking themselves right now, if they waited a year a later, Luongo is available. Sucks to be them. You know, Bryzgalov has made it to round 2, but cmon, the only reason why he's in round 2, is because the other goalie played much much much worst.

This is intriguing in all respects!

But TBL is getting a massive win receiving Lou and Montreal's (very valuable) first for a contract that anyone would be 10 times more desperate to dump than Lou's.

Plekanec & upgrading our first is decent value for us, so I would bite!!! More likely version of deal;

Montreal > Lecavalier + Van 1st

TBL > Lou (plus cap relief of $2.4)

Van > Plekanec + TBL 1st

Issues; is Montreal's new GM gonna bite on a contract right after Gomez? Can Stevie Y swallow giving up a first considering they are still a rebuilding team? I think he has to, this deal is done in a second as Vinny is owed nearly $13 mill more than Lou. They have real money (not cap) & goaltending problems, where Montreal & Vancouver don't.

:bigblush:

PJ Stock said that Montreal ought to package up Plekanec & their 2012 1st rounder for that big, power #1 centre so...

To MTL: Vinny Lecavalier & a 1st round pick (Vancouver's?)

To VAN: Tomas Plekanec & a 1st round pick (Tampa's?)

To TBL: Roberto Luongo & a 1st round pick (Montreal's?)

This is intriguing in all respects!

But TBL is getting a massive win receiving Lou and Montreal's (very valuable) first for a contract that anyone would be 10 times more desperate to dump than Lou's.

Plekanec & upgrading our first is decent value for us, so I would bite!!! More likely version of deal;

Montreal > Lecavalier + Van 1st

TBL > Lou (plus cap relief of $2.4)

Van > Plekanec + TBL 1st

Issues; is Montreal's new GM gonna bite on a contract right after Gomez? Can Stevie Y swallow giving up a first considering they are still a rebuilding team? I think he has to, this deal is done in a second as Vinny is owed nearly $13 mill more than Lou. They have real money (not cap) & goaltending problems, where Montreal & Vancouver don't.

:bigblush:

Doubt Luongo is leaving and sadly the same for Coach V. IF Luongo does leave, I would hate to see him go to Tampa because I don't see any worth coming from a trade with them. Hedman is overrated, Lecavalier is old same with St. louis, Stamkos will be impossible to move, and Malone is no were near worth Luongo. So please no trade to Tampa.

Doubt Luongo is leaving and sadly the same for Coach V. IF Luongo does leave, I would hate to see him go to Tampa because I don't see any worth coming from a trade with them. Hedman is overrated, Lecavalier is old same with St. louis, Stamkos will be impossible to move, and Malone is no were near worth Luongo. So please no trade to Tampa.

I'm sorry but the idiocy of the three way trades with such high end players and picks is causing my brain to hemmorage.

I honestly can't believe some of you would consider these legitimate proposals LOL!

If Lou is traded to a Western Conference team (Chicago), or a division team (Edmonton), the offer to Vancouver would have to be incredible. I would imagine Toronto is going to give us a decent enough offer of a roster player (Liles, Schenn), a pick (2nd rounder), and a B-List prospect or young 4th liner for Lou. As much as Tampa or Florida would want Lou, those teams can't afford the contract. Tampa in particular would have to give us a contract back (ie St. Louis), b/c they've already got Lecav, Ohlund, St. Louis, and Brewer long term.

Vancouver absolutely needs a top notch, affordable, puck moving right handed defenceman next year (preferably two, and Ballard can duke it out at camp for a roster spot or AHL demotion); a veteran back up goalie (Vokoun, Harding?); a big nasty 3rd line center that can win faceoffs and chip in the odd goal (Or Lappy needs to take his game to a much higher level); it would be nice to see any of Salo, Whitney, Doan, or Samuelsson sign a contract with us next season.

I honestly don't think getting rid of Lou's contract is going to help much with cap space, i think a Vet backup and snd Schneiders raise are going to eat any benefit to the Canucks.

Archived