The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Agent: Semin Not Returning To Capitals

One of the best shots in the league and a dominant player when he gives a crap. Problem is he doesn't.

Two time 40 goal scorer but for 7 mil he's way too much of a gamble. My guess is he goes to a non playoff team and collects a big paycheck. He's no Hossa though, that's for sure.

If this guy accepted 5 million or so, I would want him in a heartbeat. He has the hardest wrist shot in the league, and has an elite skill set.

People giving him crap for not wanting to play in a defensive system should relax. As a UFA, it's his right to find a team and system that complements him the best. Look at Rick Nash, don't you think he would prefer on a team with more skill and offensive style?

People who say the 'no thank yous' to Semin need to wake up. We paid Raymond 2.5 to be useless and get free skating lessons on how not to fall every 30 seconds. I'd gladly double that to get a 2 time, young, gifted sniper - something this team certainly could use if the Sedins aren't putting up their 100+ numbers.

I could really see Detroit offering Semin and Suter big money. They got the capspace to do it, and they could turn Semin's career back on track. Suter is the replacement for Lidstrom. That would be one scary team.

Archived