Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

I Wonder If Schneider For Perry Was In The Works And Would You Do It Even If You Had To Add A 1St Rounder?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

During the regular season Perry was rumoured to be coming here multiple times.
I could see Schneider going to Anaheim and Hiller going to the Maple Leafs.

#2 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Perry could also be one big piece the Canucks could use to push over the top. The cap would be a bit of an issue so the Canucks would probably have to move a Ballard or a Booth to make it work.

#3 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

If there was ever a deal involving Schneider and Perry you would have to add a lot more than a 1st round pick. Consider the fact that Perry just won a Hart trophy recently the Ducks would want a lot more back in return than Schneider and a late pick. Also considering how good Hiller was in the past and how abysmal the Ducks were last year, I dont think goaltending is the biggest issue on their team. Hiller wasn't good last year but that may be a product of how bad the Ducks were last year. Hiller has proven he can be a starter I think they will see how he does next year before addressing goaltending

#4 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

We should of done something like, Hodgson, Schneider and Booth for Perry this offseason.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

No it doesn't make any sense for Anaheim. If they are giving up perry they'll want a top winger in return and a prospect. We don't have what they need. Getzlaf on the other hand could be available to us in exchange for a centre and a defenseman

#6 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

i'd do it for schneider, 1st and hodgson

#7 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

We should of done something like, Hodgson, Schneider and Booth for Perry this offseason.

I bet you the deal in the regular season was Hodgson and Schneider for Perry and we said no. If that was the deal and we said no, then our GM is an idiot.

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

I bet you the deal in the regular season was Hodgson and Schneider for Perry and we said no. If that was the deal and we said no, then our
GM is an idiot.

The reported deal was Ballard, Raymond and Hodgson at the time.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#9 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

The reported deal was Ballard, Raymond and Hodgson at the time.

That makes it even worse for not taking that deal, don't you think?

#10 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

no thanks. not interested in giving up our future franchise goaltender + for a winger (even if he is a prolific scorer) who has only one year left on his contract, particularly if people think it would take considerably more than Schneider - Perry for a guy like Kesler, maybe, but otherwise no, and certainly not interested in Getzlaf, a Duck who rarely shows up...

#11 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

That makes it even worse for not taking that deal, don't you think?

This just makes me think our management has no idea what they're doing, we need to win the cup now, so we trade for Kassian instead of Perry when Kassian could barely make the Sabres roster.....

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 hockeystar

hockeystar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

ya not going to happen with hodgson arleady traded
Posted Image

#13 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

This just makes me think our management has no idea what they're doing, we need to win the cup now, so we trade for Kassian instead of Perry when Kassian could barely make the Sabres roster.....

Agreed. I have no idea why we picked up Kassian. If you have to do a deal with the Sabres don't you get Foligno instead of Kassian?

#14 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

no thanks. not interested in giving up our future franchise goaltender + for a winger (even if he is a prolific scorer) who has only one year left on his contract, particularly if people think it would take considerably more than Schneider - Perry for a guy like Kesler, maybe, but otherwise no, and certainly not interested in Getzlaf, a Duck who rarely shows up...

Lol wut?

#15 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

After the Boston game at the start of January, i doubt Cory was ever available. I think they knew then that he was going to be the goalie going forward.

#16 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

After the Boston game at the start of January, i doubt Cory was ever available. I think they knew then that he was going to be the goalie going forward.

Schneider is going to be a great goalie but don't you try to get the max value out of your assets instead of getting a lesser value for a Luongo? Buy low sell high.

#17 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

any chance to get a player like perry you do it..hes a game changer
Posted Image

#18 mrsoshicanuck

mrsoshicanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

No. Based on this years and last years playoffs, it is clear that you need a non-choking, consistent elite goalie to win big games. And now we have our first one since Captain Kirk.
[img]GIFSoup[img]

#19 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Agreed. I have no idea why we picked up Kassian. If you have to do a deal with the Sabres don't you get Foligno instead of Kassian?

One of Gillis's most reactionary bone-headed trades yet. At the very least it was about 4 months too soon as we were desperate for scoring once again in the playoffs. I hope Kassian proves me wrong, but based on his blaize effort here so far (other than that first game where it seemed like AV told Lapierre to show him how its done) and with the included pressure of a rabid Canadian market, of replacing one of our best picks ever, and dealing with AV's impatience with rookies, I don't see much hope.

#20 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Schneider is going to be a great goalie but don't you try to get the max value out of your assets instead of getting a lesser value for a Luongo? Buy low sell high.

Interesting theory but i don't see a lot of teams developing prospects and then trading them as soon as they are good. If that was the case Canucks would have traded the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa... I don't see the advantage of trying that method.

#21 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

No it doesn't make any sense for Anaheim. If they are giving up perry they'll want a top winger in return and a prospect. We don't have what they need. Getzlaf on the other hand could be available to us in exchange for a centre and a defenseman

Anahiem needs Centers more than Wingers
July 7-2013

View Posttheminister, on 07 July 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

View Postapollo, on 08 July 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#22 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Interesting theory but i don't see a lot of teams developing prospects and then trading them as soon as they are good. If that was the case Canucks would have traded the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa...   I don't see the advantage of trying that method.

It's not a good practice and it's not something that's normaly done. The last few years Schneider has been rumoured to go and one of the 2 of them will be gone and the Canucks already dumped one of our best young prospects in Hodgson and will probably do the same with Schneider. It's stupid but if you're going to do that kind of thing you should do it when the value is at it's best don't you think?

#23 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Any deal involving a player like Perry, Weber, Suter, Parise, Nash etc is going to have to result in a Canuck salary dump in order to make it work. Any of these guys are going to come with a huge cap hit and you are not going to clear cap by trading Schneider.....it has to be Luo, Raymond and Ballard in a multi player deal. Maybe Luo and Raymond for Perry and Ballard and a 1st for a big gritty shut down dman?

#24 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

why is booth an opion the dude is great

#25 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

why is booth an opion the dude is great

His price tag.

#26 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

If that deal was ever on the table id be shocked if Gillis passed on it, even if that meant us adding a 1st rounder..

#27 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

If that deal was ever on the table id be shocked if Gillis passed on it, even if that meant us adding a 1st rounder..

I believe the owner said no. The owner from wha i've heard wants to keep Schneider and trade Luongo.

#28 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Lol wut?

"lol" all you want - it was fairly clear wasn't it? Getzlaf = an inconsistent, over-rated, over-paid underachiever. If you watch any of Anaheim's games, Getzlaf is consistently invisible. Very little passion and far too much vacancy in his game. Passes the puck well, doesn't use his size...The guy is a $5.3 million cap hit and has gone 4 years since his last 20 goal season - this year an underwhelming 11 goals. He belongs on a short-list of the biggest disappointments in the NHL.

Edited by oldnews, 21 May 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#29 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I guess, yes. Cap would suck.
Posted Image

#30 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

His Contract expires at the end of 2013. Not sure, if that increases or decreases value.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.