The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob Mckenzie: Not Many Teams Showing Interest In Luongo

wow I cant believe some of you people would be happy to see Luongo win the cup by beating the Canucks. I'm a Canucks fan and I like Luongo but I am no fan boy of his like some posters on this website. If the Canucks and Luongo's team were to play in the finals I hope the Canucks sweep and absolutely destroy their opponent, and this has nothing to do with Luongo.

wow I cant believe some of you people would be happy to see Luongo win the cup by beating the Canucks. I'm a Canucks fan and I like Luongo but I am no fan boy of his like some posters on this website. If the Canucks and Luongo's team were to play in the finals I hope the Canucks sweep and absolutely destroy their opponent, and this has nothing to do with Luongo.

Meh. Why do you feel the need to "destroy [Luongo]"? Would simply winning 4 Cup Final games in OT vs Luongo not suffice for you?

If not, I smell a Luongo hater disguised as a guy that "likes Luongo". Obviously if it came down to the Canucks vs Luongo, all true Canuck fans are going to want to see the 'Nucks take the series but why do you go to the extreme? Shouldn't destruction only be wished upon rivals/enemies like the Hawks & Bruins?

I have been waiting long enough that I will cheer any 'adjustemnt' that brings a CUP. I prefer Lou being moved because; I like Schneider's game better realizing it is a gamble because of his lack of experience; I think Lou will bring back what the Canucks have to have to challenge for a CUP again; I like the idea that Van will rid itself of a long term contract.

If Van faces Lou in a CUP final down the road I will hope he self destructs. If it against another opponent I will cheer for him the same way I am cheering for Willie Mitchell right now. They were both good Canuck teammates.

I have been waiting long enough that I will cheer any 'adjustemnt' that brings a CUP. I prefer Lou being moved because; I like Schneider's game better realizing it is a gamble because of his lack of experience; I think Lou will bring back what the Canucks have to have to challenge for a CUP again; I like the idea that Van will rid itself of a long term contract.

If Van faces Lou in a CUP final down the road I will hope he self destructs. If it against another opponent I will cheer for him the same way I am cheering for Willie Mitchell right now. They were both good Canuck teammates.

You appear to be assuming that I am putting Lou down. If Van faced him in a CUP final I would grasp at anything that might give the Canucks an edge. Luongo would be a pillar of any club that got that far and therefore a target that one would want to collapse. Do you think that LA is respecting Broduer by 'barely' beating him? Doesn't happen and if it did you don't deserve to win it all. LA was winning Game #3 quite handedly. What did they do coming out to start the 3rd? Hit everything in sight.

Love the fact that people are already arguing over how many goals we would/should score on Luongo when we meet him on the opposing team of a Stanley Cup Final.

Is this the definition of 'Hypathetical'?

Do you feel like Brodeur is "collapsing" by barely losing two, tight OT games at home? I sure don't, nor do I feel the need to see Luongo "collapse" in a Cup Finals vs the Canucks. I just feel the need for him to come up short 4 times versus the Canucks in a Cup Finals series (something Brodeur is managing to do just fine for Kings fans).

Is it really necessary to see Luongo let in, say, 32 goals in a four game Canucks' sweep? That's surely showing a rather large hint of Luongo hate.

I don't know where you are coming from. At no point have I mentioned 32 goals. You are advocating for 'close' games in a Van vs Lou CUP final as a show of respect for Lou. My point is that in CUP play there is no place for pulling your shots. It is all about winning and I highly doubt any NHL players including Lou would expect anything different. It is a nice thought that it would be close with a Van win but I am getting to old to be a 'nice' guy.

Well this is interesting, don't know how reliable this guy is but take it for what its worth:

@vuisMOI: #Canucks marketing team told to remove all Roberto Luongo images from Rogers Arena and the team website.

Oh I forgot the most important person who is one of Canada most famous people DON CHERRY he knows way WAY more then Bob and does the same job in less time he says more.So thats fact and Bob should retire from his job of doing not much at all but tell us what we already know.

I finally realized why SamJam is normally right about his predictions, because he makes a topic for every possible situation, so when the time comes, he has already made that topic and the other 3 or 4 he made about similar trades are just left alone and buried forever. This guy literally starts a topic about EVERY rumor he hears, and of course when you make a topic about every rumor you hear eventually one of them does go through, but he shouldn't be credited with it, because he posts EVERYTHING HE HEARS, eventually one of them will be right.

Archived