• 16,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Would Columbus do:

Nash
for
Schneider, Burrows, Tanev, Jensen & 2nd Pick 2014

Would Canucks do that?

Oh god no. And that's just for Nash? :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#33 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

I hate Jack Johnson, but I would take this deal and run. This is a massive steal.

You'd be stupid to turn that deal down.
Posted Image

#34 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

I hate Jack Johnson, but I would take this deal and run. This is a massive steal.

And then we could trade Jack Johnson (and more) to get Weber's rights :bigblush:

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#35 danaimo

danaimo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

A major offer sheet for schneids could mean 4 1st round draft picks coming back as compensation. Take that in a heart beat. CBJ 1st round picks could be like gold. Top 3 every year.
There is no way Nash is coming to VAN. His contract would completely screw up our salary structure. I can't see any reasonable trade between these 2 teams. Luongo is not going to want to go there. I can see no reasonable trade involving Schneids so an offer sheet is the only way they get him.

#36 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,301 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

I question a guy's character when he is traded that many times.

If they were to trade Johnson to us, that would be his 3rd team in 2 years, and fourth overall, and he's only 25. That guy has attitude problem written all over him.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#37 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Would this have worked?

To Vancouver: Nash + Carter + 1st

To Columbus: Schneider + Booth + Ballard

not sure if serious or just drunk lol
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#38 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

My dream trade:

To Columbus: Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond, Keith Ballard, 2nd round pick

To Vancouver: Rick Nash, James Wisniewski
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#39 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

not sure if serious or just drunk lol

Back when Carter was a Jacket.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#40 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

A major offer sheet for schneids could mean 4 1st round draft picks coming back as compensation. Take that in a heart beat. CBJ 1st round picks could be like gold. Top 3 every year.
There is no way Nash is coming to VAN. His contract would completely screw up our salary structure. I can't see any reasonable trade between these 2 teams. Luongo is not going to want to go there. I can see no reasonable trade involving Schneids so an offer sheet is the only way they get him.

IMO the possibility of an offer sheet from CLB is scary. An offer of $4,701,131 - $6,268,175 would = First, second and third-round pick. VAN would be put in a tough spot if Schneider agreed to that. No way they could keep both goalies and they would have to make a choice based on nearly equal cap hits for both goalies.

I hope they don't.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#41 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

I don't know what they CBJ would pay up that would be major... Jeff Carter has no spot on the Canucks, he's not the type of forward we needed, Johansen would be sick but a rumour that floated around last season is that Vancouver and Boston both demanded him back if CBJ wanted Schneider/Rask and CBJ said he was untouchable and wasn't happening, CBJ was said to want Hodgson, Schneider plus 2 1st for Nash!! any team would be dumb to pay that price, if true, I don't know how a GM could demand that kinda return and be serious about it. If CBJ would give up one of Johansen or the 2nd overall for Schneider then it's going to be very hard to not take that deal, we have Lack and Cannata coming up we have no future top line centre coming up and it's not like Luongo is a bad goalie.

#42 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

IMO the possibility of an offer sheet from CLB is scary. An offer of $4,701,131 - $6,268,175 would = First, second and third-round pick. VAN would be put in a tough spot if Schneider agreed to that. No way they could keep both goalies and they would have to make a choice based on nearly equal cap hits for both goalies.

I hope they don't.

it won't get to that point this will all be sorted out by or at the draft, Gillis would be an idiot to put us in that kinda spot, if you can't move Luongo by the draft and Schneider won't sign without being the #1(he deserves his shot so I couldn't blame him) you have to move Schneider at the draft then cause a team will offer sheet Schneider, will he sign it is the big question and if I was him I would. Too many teams need Schneider and one or more will make an offer.

#43 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think CLB is stupid if they look for a replacement for Mason. Simply bring in a veteran, preferably, and split the role. The team as a whole is completely pathetic. It's no mystery why his play has suffered.
Posted Image

#44 sxqhfeh

sxqhfeh

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Its going to be a muti-trade between Vancouver CBJ and Toronto

#45 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Jenner,johansen,pick

#46 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

I question a guy's character when he is traded that many times.

If they were to trade Johnson to us, that would be his 3rd team in 2 years, and fourth overall, and he's only 25. That guy has attitude problem written all over him.

It could maybe a situation in which Columbus would be very desperate to get an amazing goalie and he is one of the players the Canucks would want.

That is why Johnson was traded in the first place (in my opinion), LA was desperate for a solid top 6 forward and maybe CBJ wanted J.J. And that is why he was traded along with a first.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 samirjaver

samirjaver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

I know for a fact that CBJ offered Nash to the Canucks for Schneider, Hodgson, and THREE first round picks at the deadline.
Posted Image

#48 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

I doubt that Schneider would embrace Columbus . He will be a RFA next season and thats too big a chance for Columbus to take. He can wait it out and choose a contending team after next season. If he has a great season here it will only increase his market value . If a contender were to show interest this season...then Schneids might go with it and sign a multi year deal. i still believe it will be Lou going.

#49 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

I know for a fact that CBJ offered Nash to the Canucks for Schneider, Hodgson, and THREE first round picks at the deadline.

Hard to believe a GM would be that dumb to ask for that kinda return for Nash and to think the team would accept it, all this does is take the Canucks out of the Nash race as CBJ want way too much that it's just not realistic and no point to counter offer cause the 2 would be way off.

What are you hearing as a return for Luongo?...

Edited by AnInconvenienceBrah, 14 June 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#50 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

OP, I'm pretty sure they could've traded their whole team, and it still wouldn't be a fair return to the Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#51 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Would Columbus do:

Nash
for
Schneider, Burrows, Tanev, Jensen & 2nd Pick 2014

Would Canucks do that?

Canucks are getting fleeced in this. #1 goalie + clutch 30 goal scorer + 2 good prospects + pick for a guy that makes more than he's worth.

Edited by M A K A V E L I 96, 14 June 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

#52 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

And I know for a fact that that is the stupidest thing I have heard all week. Who do they think we are? Florida?

Posted Image

#53 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,301 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Change Hodgson to Schroeder, and change three first round picks to one and a second and that's a little more realistic.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#54 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't about anyone else but if CBJ makes a big offer for Schnieds that would maybe include Nash/Johnson, that would make our team a whole lot better then keeping Schnieder and getting rid of Lu for another salary dump player
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#55 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,596 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

A franchise star goalie is more important to a hockey team than a franchise star forward.

Schneider for Nash is a steal for Columbus. Nash is only on the ice for 20 minutes a game, Schneider is there for 60, but for whatever reason fans don't understand this.

For example, if you're a struggling team like even Edmonton, you'd rather have Lundqvist on your team than Chara because a good goalie helps you much more than a good skater.

I wouldn't have done Schneider for Nash though, our team has enough star forwards (Sedins and Kesler is 2 more than most teams). Just look at Boston - they won with no offensive stars, and the Kings won with 1 true star (Kopitar) and a bunch of good secondary scorers (Carter/Richards/Williams/Brown all 50-60 point scorers, not stars). What we need is a DEFENSIVE star and Columbus doesn't have that.
Posted Image

#56 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Don't think it was Rick Nash, Nash is already a proven star and Schneider is an up and comer. Also remember the ridiculous package that the Jackets wanted from the Rangers in exchange for Nash? There's no way Schneider alone would have been good enough to pick up Rick Nash.

#57 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

If Columbus takes Raymond and Ballard off our roster, then sure, give them CS and give us Nash. lol

#58 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,735 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

I guess this is why Mike Gillis said the Nash welcoming parade will be in 2018. No way in hell we give up Schneider and anything for a single asset that Columbus has. Johansen and something for Schneider - maybe, back at the deadline, but now, no cigar. Schneider one for one for Nash - no thanks. Who wants to be on the hook for his 7.8 million? Not worth restructuring a contending team for. Those proposals of Cory, Hodgson, pick after pick...ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous, and took no cap hits off the Canucks. So where else would the Canucks also have to subtract to make room for Nash? Laughable proposal - I would have laughed in Howson's face and hung up. No thanks. Nash belongs in Columbus or elsewhere. Not worth the complications and the depletion of assets for one over-inflated asset. Bottom line - Schneider is the untouchable - Columbus is in no position to be naming untouchables like Johansen and attempting to poach a marquis goaltender from a contender. Perhaps that is why Columbus still has Nash - they don't understand who is negotiating from a position of strength, and who is the struggling franchise shopping their underachieving captain. If they want Luongo it will cost the Johansen and a blueline prospect. Otherwise, enjoy shopping for a goaltender and good luck with that.

Edited by oldnews, 14 June 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#59 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

I guess this is why Mike Gillis said the Nash welcoming parade will be in 2018. No way in hell we give up Schneider and anything for a single asset that Columbus has. Johansen and something for Schneider - maybe, back at the deadline, but now, no cigar. Schneider one for one for Nash - no thanks. Who wants to be on the hook for his 7.8 million? Not worth restructuring a contending team for. Those proposals of Cory, Hodgson, pick after pick...ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous, and took no cap hits off the Canucks. So where else would the Canucks also have to subtract to make room for Nash? Laughable proposal - I would have laughed in Howson's face and hung up. No thanks. Nash belongs in Columbus or elsewhere. Not worth the complications and the depletion of assets for one over-inflated asset. Bottom line - Schneider is the untouchable - Columbus is in no position to be naming untouchables like Johansen and attempting to poach a marquis goaltender from a contender. Perhaps that is why Columbus still has Nash - they don't understand who is negotiating from a position of strength, and who is the struggling franchise shopping their underachieving captain. If they want Luongo it will cost the Johansen and a blueline prospect. Otherwise, enjoy shopping for a goaltender and good luck with that.

People need to put a little more thought into their proposals. When GM's pull the trigger on a trade, they don't spend 5 minutes planning it out like CDC does.
Posted Image

#60 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

A franchise star goalie is more important to a hockey team than a franchise star forward.

Schneider for Nash is a steal for Columbus. Nash is only on the ice for 20 minutes a game, Schneider is there for 60, but for whatever reason fans don't understand this.

For example, if you're a struggling team like even Edmonton, you'd rather have Lundqvist on your team than Chara because a good goalie helps you much more than a good skater.

I wouldn't have done Schneider for Nash though, our team has enough star forwards (Sedins and Kesler is 2 more than most teams). Just look at Boston - they won with no offensive stars, and the Kings won with 1 true star (Kopitar) and a bunch of good secondary scorers (Carter/Richards/Williams/Brown all 50-60 point scorers, not stars). What we need is a DEFENSIVE star and Columbus doesn't have that.

It's just not that simple that great goalies help more than forwards... I understand the argument behind it but I don't fully agree with it, before Boston won the cup people were saying you didn't need top end goalies to win but now that Boston and LA both won with stellar goaltending people are using this. What we do know is that you need that top end #1 D man to win a cup, something we just don't have. Personally I'd LOVE Nash here, Nash has a very rare talent of size and skill and he carries the CBJ he doesn't have a lot of support, get him a Spezza to set him up and lets see how much of a jump his points have or put most other stars on CBJ and lets see how they hold up scoring by themselves. Although I do hate his cap hit, he's very overpaid and in a market like Vancouver it'll be bad news sooner or later.

Nash just doesn't work in Vancouver with how we're set up, he won't fit with the Twins cycle game, Kassian should though, Kesler and Nash will have the same chemistry Nash had with Carter and Booth Kesler Nash line is BIG but all are shooters we'd need to off Kesler for a playmaker centre to centre Nash and Booth. Vancouver also just couldn't afford the cost to get Nash and with our crap drafting guys like Kassian and Jensen are just unmoveable for us, even Schroeder would be a tough loss as we don't have another centre with top 6 potential and with Kassian and Jensen Schroeder's size would become an nonissue. We couldn't afford to move Edler unless it's an upgrade coming back like Weber and I don't think you'd move Kesler for Nash as who would centre the 2nd line and leaving it to Schroeder is very very risky.

Unless Gillis really has it in him for big bold moves that he advertises there won't be any major changes on the Canucks outside of goaltending, as it would have to involve one or more of our stars/core guys as our prospect are almost unmoveable and it's a very small pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.