378 replies to this topic

#301 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Kane isn't willing to sign an extension, supposedly. It would be different than a regular trade.

Stall for Sutter isn't even close to being a fair trade, but that's what happens.

It was actually Staal for Sutter, a minor league player and the 8th overall pick,

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#302 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

^ Kane is Winnipeg's franchise player... no way they'll accept spare, throw-away parts for him.

And as for Schneider... they just signed Pavlec to four years.

teams don't care, if that player is their franchice or not. They will offer whatever they think it's fair. MIke Gillis can say, "Luongo is our franchice, you guys better offer us something big."

But if he's available i'm all for getting East Van Native Evander Kane. Funny how people accused him of being arrogant in high school. B.S All B.S . A lot of people are cocky and arrogant.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#303 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Kane isn't willing to sign an extension, supposedly. It would be different than a regular trade.

Stall for Sutter isn't even close to being a fair trade, but that's what happens.

Completely different situation, Stall was set to be UFA next summer and he was not going to re-sign with PIT. Shero still got great return for him as 8th overall and a prospect were included on top of Sutter.

Kane just finished his ELC.

#304 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Completely different situation, Stall was set to be UFA next summer and he was not going to re-sign with PIT. Shero still got great return for him as 8th overall and a prospect were included on top of Sutter.

Kane just finished his ELC.

"Kane just finished his ELC."

So has Schneider and then was re-signed to a savvy contract. Because Schneider is now signed, he's as valuable, if not more, as Kane.

Schneider for Kane.

#305 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

So has Schneider and then was re-signed to a savvy contract. Because Schneider is now signed, he's as valuable, if not more, as Kane.

Schneider for Kane.

But they got pavelec so that deal doesn't make sense.. sensemaker
Posted Image

#306 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Schneider for Kane.

In terms of value

Schneider > Kane

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#307 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,651 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Schneider for Kane.

Pavelec is our #1... How long will it take some posters to realize...

WE. DO. NOT. NEED. A. GOALTENDER.

Kane will not be traded. I believe the money or term isn't the issue, but there was a rumor that he wanted the first year of his contract paid as a signing bonus, so in case of a lockout, he would still be paid for the year.

#308 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Kane for Booth + Ballard + 1st 2013

#309 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Schneider for Kane.

In terms of value

Schneider > Kane

Peg doesn't need a goalie. But yes, Schneider would get the deal done. There was a rumour when Philly asked what it would take to get Schneider MG asked for Giroux.

#310 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Schneider Ballard and a pick for Giroux, or is that over payment?

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#311 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Still wouldn't work philly's only untouchable is Giroux i would say
Posted Image

#312 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Philly is NOT going to trade Giroux. They already went ahead and signed a golie via UFA (Bryz) and Giroux had a breakout year last year.

#313 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Philly is NOT going to trade Giroux. They already went ahead and signed a golie via UFA (Bryz) and Giroux had a breakout year last year.

I wasn't holding my breath, lol.

Posted Image

#314 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Peg doesn't need a goalie. But yes, Schneider would get the deal done. There was a rumour when Philly asked what it would take to get Schneider MG asked for Giroux.

Then didn't Holmgren offer Carter for Schneider?

#315 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Then didn't Holmgren offer Carter for Schneider?

Not sure about that, MG pbbly could have gotten Carter for Schneider from CBJ though.

#316 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

I wasn't holding my breath, lol.

HaHa, I know. If that was possible MG would do it in a heart beat.

#317 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

HaHa, I know. If that was possible MG would do it in a heart beat.

That's the type of deal that MG will accept for Schneider, and not a lot less.

Posted Image

#318 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

The poster right above you just said Gillis asked for Giroux straight up. Why do you involve a pick and Ballard on top? Of course it's overpayment.

Edited by Sensemaker, 31 August 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#319 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

The poster right above you just said Gillis asked for Giroux straight up. Why do you involve a pick and Ballard on top? Of course it's overpayment.

Because I was trying to make it a bit more realistic. Schneider by himself would not get Giroux even if he WASN'T untouchable.

Gillis said Giroux because he will only trade Schneider for a ridiculous deal. Giroux is one of the best centers in the whole league, and to say that he would be our asking price was a perfect way to end the conversation.

I was more trying to see what other people thought would be a realistic asking price for Giroux had he hypothetically been available in a Cory trade.

I think Schneider's value is high enough that there are only a handful of names that he couldn't fetch on his own.

Crosby Malkin Ovechkin Backstrom Giroux Stamkos Doughty Kieth all come to mind. I am still speaking hypothetically, because those type of players aren't available very often.

My thought was to add Ballard to that trade because Philly needs defense like a cheese steak needs cheese.

Edit: I hope you aren't still mad about making no sense in the Luongo thread. Just remember, it's OK not to make sense, just as long as you make dollars. (actually not true, you really need to make sense if your name is Sensemaker. It kind of comes with the territory)

Edited by WiDeN, 31 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

Posted Image

#320 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Put a package together of return from Luongo trade plus add from Canucks roster / system and bring this kid home.

He's a star for years to come.

Edited by WHL rocks, 31 August 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#321 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Kane is by all accounts actually quite humble. This whole thing in Winnipeg got blown out of proportion because, well, it's Winnipeg.

He doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg. He was fine with Atlanta, but moving to Winterpeg wasn't on his radar.

There is a strong possibility that he will be wearing a Canucks jersey in the future. Just sayin.
Posted Image

#322 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Kane is by all accounts actually quite humble. This whole thing in Winnipeg got blown out of proportion because, well, it's Winnipeg.

He doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg. He was fine with Atlanta, but moving to Winterpeg wasn't on his radar.

There is a strong possibility that he will be wearing a Canucks jersey in the future. Just sayin.

Hold the phone!! We've got an insider among us!

Oh wait... Were you just speculating?

Posted Image

#323 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Seriously?? Ballard has NOOOOOOOOOO trade value and I put an emphasis on the NO!!! What's wrong with some of you CDCers? Phili wouldn't trade Giroux for Schneider + picks in a million years. Giroux is the best play maker in the NHL not named Crosby. His trade value is almost that of the Sedins combined.
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of Schneider's biggest fans and he would get a huge return but seriously, a future stud goalie, Ballard and a pick does not get you one of the top 5 players in the world. Give your head a shake!

#324 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Kane for Booth + Ballard + 1st 2013

This is what I can't understand on here.

Booth gets pumped by most on CDC (not me ) yet when it comes to trades, he has to take a great player like Ballard AND a 1st with him to get Kane...................dear me, are you serious?

It seems all the big boasts about "going to the dirty areas" Booth drain away when reality sets in and we have to load him up to get anything for him.

I like Kane but come on he is not worth half of that.............He has averaged in 3 years, 21 goals and 21 points per season since his rookie year.................Booth or Ballard and a 1st is more than enough as far as I'm concerned.
Kevin.jpg

#325 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

This is what I can't understand on here.

Booth gets pumped by most on CDC (not me ) yet when it comes to trades, he has to take a great player like Ballard AND a 1st with him to get Kane...................dear me, are you serious?

It seems all the big boasts about "going to the dirty areas" Booth drain away when reality sets in and we have to load him up to get anything for him.

I like Kane but come on he is not worth half of that.............He has averaged in 3 years, 21 goals and 21 points per season since his rookie year.................Booth or Ballard and a 1st is more than enough as far as I'm concerned.

Your post lost all validity when you backed it up by averaging Kane's 1st 3 years of production like natural development/progression doesn't even exist.
That's like saying Tyler Seguin is a 45 point/yr guy because he's had 22 and 67 point seasons.

#326 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Evander Kane is an extremely valuable, highly-touted, young scoring winger. Within the next two years, Evander Kane will become an elite player in the National Hockey League. He's got experience player centre. Our Left Wing position here on the Vancouver Canucks is currently occupied by Daniel, Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Ebbett and Burrows. We don't need another Left Winger. Our Centre position is currently occupied by Henrik, Kesler, Malhotra and Lapierre. Kane is listed as both a LW and a C.

Kane does not fill a need at RW. The best course of action for the Vancouver Canucks is to sign Jason Arnott to a 1 year 1.5 Million contract and to find more depth forwards in free agency. Give Malhotra opportunities to continue to rehabilitate on the 4th line and allow him on the 3rd if he regains his physical strength. This man performed very well during the 2010-2011 season and has shown tremendous character as well as important dedication to this community. Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye during the playoffs for this team. We will show loyalty to Malhotra just as he's shown to this team and this community.

Zack Kassian is a man who worked his rear-end off this offseason. Kassian spent part of his offseason training with the Sedin Twins. We can tell that the twins know how to have a good time, but I'm sure he wasn't having as much of a blast as Evander Kane was. Zack Kassian deserves an opportunity to be in our Top Six next season.

Jannick Hansen also deserves an opportunity to tryout for the top six. So does Mason Raymond, who literally cracked his spine for this team.

Jason Arnott spent years of his career in Edmonton. He also spent a year under Ken Hitchcock in St. Louis. That doesn't exactly sound like he was having the time of his life.

Hansen, Raymond, Kassian, Malhotra and Arnott all deserve roster spots more then Evander Kane because they have demonstrated that their character is far superior to his.

Evander Kane allegedly refuses to sign a contract with the Winnipeg Jets. The Winnipeg Jets are a symbol of Canadian patriotism. The Winnipeg Jets organization developed Evander Kane into a better player. Kane should show a little bit of loyalty by signing a contract with the team that drafted and developed him. If Mike Gillis signs him to an offer sheet then I hope Chevy matches it. Not only has Evander Kane "allegedly" acted like a jerk through his actions off the ice, he looks like the biggest tool on the ice. Evander Kane has not dedicated his time to the Vancouver Canucks organization like Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo, etc.

Evander Kane hasn't earned the right to some ridiculous mega-contract. This is our team and our time to win a championship. Evander can join the Canucks when he hits Unrestricted Free Agency. This is a team filled with men of character who were raised by people who understand what the values of this community are meant to be about. That's what I think Mike Gillis believes in. Hockey isn't just a puck sliding around the ice-It's a form of expression. Hockey gives the player the opportunity to show what type of person they are.

Evander Kane has proven that he does not have what it takes to serve as a role model to youth in the community of Greater Vancouver. Winnipeg is the smallest market in the National Hockey League. Winnipeg isn't the party town that Evander Kane is looking for. If he wants to play in the NHL, then he should behave like a man. Men don't make decisions based on their need to party and destroy their bodies. If Kane wants to win, he should stay in Winnipeg. The Jets have the infrastructure to start winning 3-4 years down the road. He's still very young, he should be waiting his turn to win. It'll come soon. It's not here in Vancouver, he just doesn't fit into our depth chart and into our locker room.

Evander Kane will not be a Vancouver Canuck.
Posted Image

#327 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Evander Kane is an extremely valuable, highly-touted, young scoring winger. Within the next two years, Evander Kane will become an elite player in the National Hockey League. He's got experience player centre. Our Left Wing position here on the Vancouver Canucks is currently occupied by Daniel, Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Ebbett and Burrows. We don't need another Left Winger. Our Centre position is currently occupied by Henrik, Kesler, Malhotra and Lapierre. Kane is listed as both a LW and a C.

Kane does not fill a need at RW. The best course of action for the Vancouver Canucks is to sign Jason Arnott to a 1 year 1.5 Million contract and to find more depth forwards in free agency. Give Malhotra opportunities to continue to rehabilitate on the 4th line and allow him on the 3rd if he regains his physical strength. This man performed very well during the 2010-2011 season and has shown tremendous character as well as important dedication to this community. Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye during the playoffs for this team. We will show loyalty to Malhotra just as he's shown to this team and this community.

Zack Kassian is a man who worked his rear-end off this offseason. Kassian spent part of his offseason training with the Sedin Twins. We can tell that the twins know how to have a good time, but I'm sure he wasn't having as much of a blast as Evander Kane was. Zack Kassian deserves an opportunity to be in our Top Six next season.

Jannick Hansen also deserves an opportunity to tryout for the top six. So does Mason Raymond, who literally cracked his spine for this team.

Jason Arnott spent years of his career in Edmonton. He also spent a year under Ken Hitchcock in St. Louis. That doesn't exactly sound like he was having the time of his life.

Hansen, Raymond, Kassian, Malhotra and Arnott all deserve roster spots more then Evander Kane because they have demonstrated that their character is far superior to his.

Evander Kane allegedly refuses to sign a contract with the Winnipeg Jets. The Winnipeg Jets are a symbol of Canadian patriotism. The Winnipeg Jets organization developed Evander Kane into a better player. Kane should show a little bit of loyalty by signing a contract with the team that drafted and developed him. If Mike Gillis signs him to an offer sheet then I hope Chevy matches it. Not only has Evander Kane "allegedly" acted like a jerk through his actions off the ice, he looks like the biggest tool on the ice. Evander Kane has not dedicated his time to the Vancouver Canucks organization like Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo, etc.

Evander Kane hasn't earned the right to some ridiculous mega-contract. This is our team and our time to win a championship. Evander can join the Canucks when he hits Unrestricted Free Agency. This is a team filled with men of character who were raised by people who understand what the values of this community are meant to be about. That's what I think Mike Gillis believes in. Hockey isn't just a puck sliding around the ice-It's a form of expression. Hockey gives the player the opportunity to show what type of person they are.

Evander Kane has proven that he does not have what it takes to serve as a role model to youth in the community of Greater Vancouver. Winnipeg is the smallest market in the National Hockey League. Winnipeg isn't the party town that Evander Kane is looking for. If he wants to play in the NHL, then he should behave like a man. Men don't make decisions based on their need to party and destroy their bodies. If Kane wants to win, he should stay in Winnipeg. The Jets have the infrastructure to start winning 3-4 years down the road. He's still very young, he should be waiting his turn to win. It'll come soon. It's not here in Vancouver, he just doesn't fit into our depth chart and into our locker room.

Evander Kane will not be a Vancouver Canuck.

ok look Win did not draft him or develop him that was atlanta and he was fine in atlanta but he made it pretty clear that he didn't want to go to winnipeg, you can't really blame him i mean not many players want to play in winnipeg.

He is not doing a Jerk thing he is trying to start his new career somwheres else. I fracking hate people who hate on people who ask for trades its a buisness he wants to get out of the Winnipeg city it has nothing to do with the team its the city. And i mean come on the real jerk of the offseason is Doan he has been teasing teams considering their offers saying no to a few at a time then extending his deadline 3 times and he is asking to be over paid even in Pheonix

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 02 September 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#328 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

HAHA I love it. MG essentially told Holmgren to go F himself.
Posted Image

#329 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye during the playoffs for this team. We will show loyalty to Malhotra just as he's shown to this team and this community.

It was late in the regular season, right after the trade deadline, not the playoffs.
Posted Image

#330 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Kane is listed as both a LW and a C.

Don't be silly, he can easily play either side like most wingers.

quote - Kane does not fill a need at RW. The best course of action for the Vancouver Canucks is to sign Jason Arnott to a 1 year
1.5 Million contract and to find more depth forwards in free agency.

Arnott can barely skate. Yes he has character, but a fast pace high pressure team like ours also like to have guys who can skate. He is big yes, but he lands no more than 30 hits a year now at the age of 37.

quote - Hansen, Raymond, Kassian, Malhotra and Arnott all deserve roster spots more then Evander Kane because they have demonstrated that their character is far superior to his.

And Kane has demonstrated superior hockey playing abilities.

quote - The Winnipeg Jets are a symbol of Canadian patriotism.

What? Can you produce evidence that supports this?

quote - Not only has Evander Kane "allegedly" acted like a jerk through his actions off the ice, he looks like the biggest tool on the ice.

Evidence that he is a toll off the ice please?

And he looks like a tool here?

I love Matt Cooke, but Kane sure doesn't look like a tool here:

quote - Evander Kane has not dedicated his time to the Vancouver Canucks organization like Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo, etc.

Neither did Luongo or Malhotra before they became Canucks.

quote - Evander Kane hasn't earned the right to some ridiculous mega-contract.

Do you have information on how much he is asking for? A mega ridiculous contract is IMO something like 6M for 7 years. Is he asking for that much? You have evidence? I think he just wants out of Winnipeg.

quote - This is our team and our time to win a championship.

All the more reason to address our top 6 situation now. I have nothing against Higgins or Raymond, but an upgrade is an upgrade.

quote - This is a team filled with men of character who were raised by people who understand what the values of this community are meant to be about. That's what I think Mike Gillis believes in. Hockey isn't just a puck sliding around the ice-It's a form of expression. Hockey gives the player the opportunity to show what type of person they are.

Are you in the copywriting business? This sounds like a script for a commercial. In fact your whole post sounds like copywriting.

quote - Evander Kane has proven that he does not have what it takes to serve as a role model to youth in the community of Greater Vancouver.

He has proven himself to be a dynamic, top 6 goal producer in the NHL. Maybe he has not proven that he is a community role model yet, but he is still 21.

quote - Winnipeg is the smallest market in the National Hockey League. Winnipeg isn't the party town that Evander Kane is looking for.

What evidence do you have to support your claim that he is looking for a party town? He is rich and he can party wherever he wants.

quote - If he wants to play in the NHL, then he should behave like a man.

He is a budding NHL star player. What evidence do you have to support your claim that is not behaving like a man? Is Pronger asking for a trade out of Edmonton a childish act?

quote - Men don't make decisions based on their need to party and destroy their bodies.

Evidence he is doing that?

quote - If Kane wants to win, he should stay in Winnipeg. The Jets have the infrastructure to start winning 3-4 years down the road.

If he wants to win, he should go to a Cup contender. I believe good economics count as a winning structure. A small market team has to struggle mightily to be a competitive contender. The new CBA might change that I admit, but the odds are still stacked against them.

quote - Evander Kane will not be a Vancouver Canuck.

You can look into the future now? Just because you can write doesn't mean you are right. People like you have an agenda and I can't understand why.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.