The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

Kesler's injuries & age likely mean we've seen the best he will ever be (which was outstanding), and he may never be that again. Although Kane may never quite reach that level, I'd estimate that he'll be a better player than Kesler over the course of the next 5 years or so.

That said, Kesler has a NTC, and will not be waiving it for Winnipeg. The only D we have with any value without a NTC is Edler, and as an impending UFA I don't see the Jets too interested. Same deal with Burrows. So the only deal I could see possibly working is a package 3 solid young pieces going the other way.

Hansen or Booth

Jensen or Kassian

1st round pick

Even then, I think Winnipeg would prefer a deal with more NHL-ready talent coming the other way.

Kesler's NTC kicks in 2012/13. I think he is still trade able. Having said that Canucks will not trade Ryan Kesler. He's signed to an excellent contract on top of being one of the best 2nd line C's in the NHL. (Selke Trophy winner)

I think a reasonable offer would be

Booth, Jensen and Tanev.

Kesler's NTC kicks in 2012/13. I think he is still trade able. Having said that Canucks will not trade Ryan Kesler. He's signed to an excellent contract on top of being one of the best 2nd line C's in the NHL. (Selke Trophy winner)

I think a reasonable offer would be

Booth, Jensen and  Tanev.

Archived