Byfuglien

WPG
Schneider
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Kane
Byfuglien

You all know Byfuglien is what is needed in Vancouver.

I don't care how many times you post that, they won't take it. They need goals you're taking goals away.
Posted Image

#92 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yea, but if E. Kane really doesn't want to play there they have no choice. They would be happy to get a good return for him.

Would anyone do Edler, 1st for Kane?

No, simply because I think we need to improve our D-group ..and I think that's first priority. And if we could add a top 2 or top 4 defenseman that can play the right side, I'd want Edler to be paired with that D.

Edler - _____
Hamhuis - Bieksa

#93 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

No...He wouldn't.

When are people going to start to realize that it takes a unique player to be successful with Ryan Kesler and that David Booth AND Evander Kane, guys that like to carry the puck to the net, are NOT at all those type of players.

Kesler had his initial breakout with Sundin and Demitra, two guys that loved to PASS the puck, making a pass first centerman much more successful.

Not saying we could land these guys but Marty St. Louis or PA Parentau are guys that could work well with Kesler.

Listen...IF and it's a BIG IF, Evander Kane is available, MG will do what he can to acquire him if at all possible. However, Booth would have to be involved in the deal for cap and style reasons and that is just fine with me.

I see what you are saying, but I dont agree Booth would have to be involved. They are all shoot first guys, but sometimes the best pass is off the goalies pads, not to mention I really dont think the no passing would last too long.
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#94 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yes. Vancouver is an elite team. Winnipeg doesn't make the playoffs.Vancouver's players have greater value than Winnipeg's.

Yup, that's not how it works.

#95 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Guess he figured out there is nothing to do in Winnipeg. A lot of players don't like Edmonton, and E-town is FAR more social of a city, and it is bigger than Winnipeg.

BTW I hate Jets fines, few of them outside of Winnipeg have any Winnipeg routs. They just cheered for them b/c it is the cool thing to do. REAL fans live and die with ONE team.

I've lived in both Winnipeg and Edmonton. Trust me, there's more of a nightclub, music and restaurant scene in the Peg BY FAR than in Edmonchuck. Players also do not see mosquito's from the rink, or the beach in Mexico which count against the Jets. Even the fishing is better! Snow arrives in northern Alberta 3 or 4 weeks earlier, leaves 3 or 5 weeks later cuz it so much farther north... Edmonton sulks!

Course I left both for Australia... :lol: Would have no problem coming home to Canuckville either! :towel:

No...He wouldn't.

When are people going to start to realize that it takes a unique player to be successful with Ryan Kesler and that David Booth AND Evander Kane, guys that like to carry the puck to the net, are NOT at all those type of players.

Kesler had his initial breakout with Sundin and Demitra, two guys that loved to PASS the puck, making a pass first centerman much more successful.

Not saying we could land these guys but Marty St. Louis or PA Parentau are guys that could work well with Kesler.

Listen...IF and it's a BIG IF, Evander Kane is available, MG will do what he can to acquire him if at all possible. However, Booth would have to be involved in the deal for cap and style reasons and that is just fine with me.

This just up here a few lines...! Earth to Kess, score. Kess to God's, pass to me please! :)

But Kane might look absolutely smashing with the Twins playing off wing? :frantic:

Kevin Bacon and Rob Lowe are actors.
Rob Lowe called Winnipeg a hellhole.
Rob Lowe and Hilary Duff were among celebrities seen in LA for the Stanley Cup.
Hillary Duff is married to Mike Comrie.
Mike Comrie refused to sign as a RFA in EDM.

Yup. It checks out.

Comrie has some Bricks and mortar connections to Edmonton. He had no lack of money, but being a home town boy he was washed by the local fans worse than Lou is here. He was also not one of Lowe (Kevin as in GM, not any other connection for wandering minds) or MacT's good Ol' boys. He wanted a fresh start, course that did not work out either. How does little girl lover Rob Lowe come into the conversation?

HILARY DUFF IS MARRIED TO MIKE COMRIE!! learn something new everyday ^_^

Some great stuff made the internet when he popped (the question) on his balcony in Edmonton! :rolleyes:

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 16 June 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#96 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

No, simply because I think we need to improve our D-group ..and I think that's first priority. And if we could add a top 2 or top 4 defenseman that can play the right side, I'd want Edler to be paired with that D.

Edler - _____
Hamhuis - Bieksa

I don't know, if we could land Jackman - Garrison as a second pairing I would be okay with using Edler to get Kane.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#97 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Harsh sad reality that players prefer not to be in Winnipeg. They need players who just love the game. But a locker room can change that in an instant when players start considering that they could simply live somewhere better. Not that Winnipeg is so bad but when you're traveling to all the top cities in north America in comparison....

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#98 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

All we need is for kane to "go behind doors" and tell the jets trade me then -if paclac ditches the jets fans will welcome scheider with open arms , then all GMMG has to do is make it fair like -

Schneider , connauton , first rounder , optional first in 2013 dependant on signing

#99 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,385 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yet another indication that the last lockout was pointless. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#100 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

WPG
Schneider
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Kane
Byfuglien

Thats like a Toronto Fan offering this to us :

TOR
Luongo
Edler

VAN
Kadri
Komisarek
Lombardi
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#101 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I love Kane, be super happy to have a player like him in Vancouver. But it's never going to happen for trash pieces (all due respect to Raymond/Ballard as people).

Any word what his discontent is from? The City? The team?

#102 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

If Kane gets traded from Winnipeg, he won't be coming to Vancouver. I watch this team every home game as I have season tickets. And I can tell you, on a team with limited offense, he still had his best year. If Kane is going to get traded anywhere, look for a top center coming in return (ie: Jordan Staal).

Edler wouldn't fit, because the Jets are looking fine on the backend. They would be getting scoring in return. The Canucks just don't have the assets that the Jets need to get it done.

Also, if the Jets were to trade for picks only, ship him to Columbus for their picks once Nash is gone.

As for Kane, if up sh*ts creek if this is indeed true. The Jets hold all the cards on this one. If they do indeed trade him, every team is going to have to overpay to make it happen.
Kinda hot in these rhinos.

You are a worse psychiatrist than you are a son in law, and you will never get work as an actor because you have no talent.

#103 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Kane will sign with the Canucks this summer.
Posted Image

#104 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

If the Jets were to trade Kane they would want a bigger young centre with 1st line centre upside. The Canucks don't have this.

Kane FOR Staal

Kane FOR Duchene

Kane FOR Strome, +

Kane FOR 3rd overall

Edited by ConnorFutureGM, 16 June 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#105 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Kane will sign with the Canucks this summer.

Doesn't work that way... only happens if the Jets trade his rights to the Canucks first. Which would come with a hefty price attached. Schneider, Kesler, Edler, someone like that.

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#106 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Welcome home... Evander Kane!

Posted Image

#107 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I see what you are saying, but I dont agree Booth would have to be involved. They are all shoot first guys, but sometimes the best pass is off the goalies pads, not to mention I really dont think the no passing would last too long.

The point is that none of these players are going to reach their offensive potential without a setup man for a linemate, so we should probably get one to play with Kesler and Booth if we're keeping both of them!

#108 Joffrey Lupul

Joffrey Lupul

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Kane and Turris would be a great line. Both think they have UFA rights as an RFA

2zi66q8.jpgnv20o20imarksmanx_zpsb4f8b662.jpg?55

small.pngGM - STHS Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck.

#109 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

I haven't heard of the off ice issues but he did have problems with the coach all year. I remember him playing 3rd and 4th line minutes (may be the off ice issues that caused this), but he still ended up scoring 30 goals.

The kid is from Vancouver, perhaps he grew up wanting to play here, has an issue with his coach (true not good but can happen to the best of them and needs a change), add in living in the peg, not alot of people would want that in Winter..

Alot of factors go into stuff like this not just ego etc...we don't know and if MG has inside scoop to know that whatever issues he faced in the Peg wouldn't be faced here then hell ya.

If its ego and attitude MG wouldn't want him (ie CoHo) anyways.

Hodgson wanted out. Kane might want in.

Posted Image

#110 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Yea, but if E. Kane really doesn't want to play there they have no choice. They would be happy to get a good return for him.

Would anyone do Edler, 1st for Kane?

No sir, if the Jets don't want to part ways with Kane, then he has no choice. Fact is, he's an RFA at least until he's 26, so Winnipeg can do whatever they want. I'm honestly tired of young players wanting to get traded because they either don't like their coach or because they don't like the city they're living in. Suck it up.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#111 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Doesn't work that way... only happens if the Jets trade his rights to the Canucks first. Which would come with a hefty price attached. Schneider, Kesler, Edler, someone like that.

Unfortunately you are incorrect. Kane is an RFA so any team in the league can sign him. Winnipeg just gets the opportunity to match.

#112 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

At least for Winnipeg Kane is still RFA. Horrible as it may be if he continues to improve his game after leaving, if they can get some valuable pieces via a trade they could hopefully, for their fans anyways, keep it to a somewhat lateral movement and not a complete loss.

A Schneiderish for Kaneish trade would be awesome before thinking about how much money he is going to want, and what position he would be most comfortable, and also productive, playing.

I love Burr with the Sedins because I like seeing him get 25-30 goals a year, but will it be better for us to bump him down where he would likely get fewer oppurtunities to hit 30 goals if it means Kane getting first line minutes and what, 30, 35, 40? What's his ceiling anyways?*

*hypothetically

#113 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

At least for Winnipeg Kane is still RFA. Horrible as it may be if he continues to improve his game after leaving, if they can get some valuable pieces via a trade they could hopefully, for their fans anyways, keep it to a somewhat lateral movement and not a complete loss.

A Schneiderish for Kaneish trade would be awesome before thinking about how much money he is going to want, and what position he would be most comfortable, and also productive, playing.

I love Burr with the Sedins because I like seeing him get 25-30 goals a year, but will it be better for us to bump him down where he would likely get fewer oppurtunities to hit 30 goals if it means Kane getting first line minutes and what, 30, 35, 40? What's his ceiling anyways?*

*hypothetically

From what I've seen of Kane, he can easily put up 35 goals consistently at the NHL level; the question is will he be able to learn how to play with the Sedins to reach it?

#114 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

From what I've seen of Kane, he can easily put up 35 goals consistently at the NHL level; the question is will he be able to learn how to play with the Sedins to reach it?

Exactly, or, will he be able to bump someone off the 2nd line and rock it with Booth and Kes, for example. At first glance I don't like the idea of him and Kes on the same line with their styles of play.

I have only seen him play a handful of games at the NHL level, I just remember him from the Giants, his talent is undeniable. Can our coaching staff find a way to fit him somewhere to make what Mike Gillis pays to aquire hime worthwhile?

Tough questions to consider.

#115 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

Exactly, or, will he be able to bump someone off the 2nd line and rock it with Booth and Kes, for example. At first glance I don't like the idea of him and Kes on the same line with their styles of play.

I have only seen him play a handful of games at the NHL level, I just remember him from the Giants, his talent is undeniable. Can our coaching staff find a way to fit him somewhere to make what Mike Gillis pays to aquire hime worthwhile?

Tough questions to consider.

I honestly think that if we were to acquire Kane, we'd have to send Kesler the other way. I guess that all depends if their goalie actually leaves for the KHL, which i doubt will happen.

I just don't see us having the assets that we are willing to part with to make this deal happen. No way MG parts with Kassian or Jensen; which would be a key component of any trade for a superstar from a small market team

Edited by mpt, 17 June 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#116 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

I honestly think that if we were to acquire Kane, we'd have to send Kesler the other way. I guess that all depends if their goalie actually leaves for the KHL, which i doubt will happen.

I just don't see us having the assets that we are willing to part with to make this deal happen. No way MG parts with Kassian or Jensen; which would be a key component of any trade for a superstar from a small market team

At least that would help with their loss of Kane's goal scoring... With Kesler out 6 months for surgery, that trade may never be considered by Cheveldayoff, and it's still too early for Gillis to consider moving him. Kesler needs another chance to prove himself, we all know he has it in him.

Unless we can convince Ken that Booth+ is the way to go, and somehow magically hold on to our favourite prospects, it seems that Winnipeg may not be such a good trading partner.

Edited by Green Building, 17 June 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#117 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

At least that would help with their loss of Kane's goal scoring... With Kesler out 6 months for surgery, that trade may never be considered by Cheveldayoff, and it's still too early for Gillis to consider moving him. Kesler needs another chance to prove himself, we all know he has it in him.

Unless we can convince Ken that Booth+ is the way to go, and somehow magically hold on to our favourite prospects, it seems that Winnipeg may not be such a good trading partner.

Hehe, speak for yourself. I thought Kesler was a much better player prior to scoring 41 goals. That one good goal scoring season turned him into a selfish teammate with an ego. The I need to carry my team attitude doesn't work when you are a contending franchise.

#118 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Hehe, speak for yourself. I thought Kesler was a much better player prior to scoring 41 goals. That one good goal scoring season turned him into a selfish teammate with an ego. The I need to carry my team attitude doesn't work when you are a contending franchise.

Yeah maybe I am blinded a bit. I was merely hoping that his on ice behaviour was a temporary anomaly, and not a definitive version of who he will be next season. He does need to use his line mates more, and play hard as hell like he did to get to 41 goals in the first place.

I disagree about the need to carry the team attitude. Just carry it the right way, by being the hard working, grinding leader that led you into a decent contract in the first place. Oh, and recognize your linemates exist, and above all, get HEALTHY.

And, of course since this is a Kane thread, go Kane.

:lol:

#119 PenguinsCanucks

PenguinsCanucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

actualy kesler has always had an ego, seriously ask rj umberger from the ohio state days...

#120 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

actualy kesler has always had an ego, seriously ask rj umberger from the ohio state days...

Yea he has, it has just been more apparent every since the Olympics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.