The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks have attempted to acquire Brandon Dubinsky

This would be another MG type move because it's clearly a buy low situation, similar to that of Booth.

Those suggesting Dubinsky as a 3rd line center are nuts. At that price he better be playing top 2 line minutes and adding the grit Gillis wants on the wings.

I'd gladly send Booth the other way because I'm not a supporter of him on this team as a top 6 but I would think that Raymond + a mid level prospect would get er sun. Personally I think the Rangers want to clear space for Nash and a defenseman that can QB their PP (Garrison?!).

I know the Rags also aren't high on Del Zotto after his playoffs so maybe MG can buy low on him also.

This would be another MG type move because it's clearly a buy low situation, similar to that of Booth.

Those suggesting Dubinsky as a 3rd line center are nuts. At that price he better be playing top 2 line minutes and adding the grit Gillis wants on the wings.

I'd gladly send Booth the other way because I'm not a supporter of him on this team as a top 6 but I would think that Raymond + a mid level prospect would get er sun. Personally I think the Rangers want to clear space for Nash and a defenseman that can QB their PP (Garrison?!).

I know the Rags also aren't high on Del Zotto after his playoffs so maybe MG can buy low on him also.

For those saying Dubinsky is too expensive to be a third line centre:

1. Someone needs to play second line centre while Kes is injured.

2. Dubinsky is versatile, can play the wing.

3. The Penguins won a Stanley Cup with J. Staal as their 3rd line centre, and he was a 4 mil cap hit.

Something tells me Gillis knows something. Like perhaps New York is close to acquiring Nash, but need to unload some salary.

Just like the trade for Ehrhoff. San Jose wanted Heatley and we got Ehrhoff for practicaly nothing.

If Gillis can get Dubinsky for some mid range prospects like Sweatt and Sauve, I'd be down.

If we were to acquire Brandon Dubinsky, they would not want salary back. They are in for Rick Nash real hard and are most probably looking to clear cap space, and Dubinsky could be the odd man out.

What NY could be looking for would be a 1st Round Pick, 2nd/3rd round pick, and a prospect most probably. Only things we could give them would be Raymond, 1st, 2nd, Gragnani, Sweatt, Oreskovich, or Parent. Teams like Toronto could easily beat a offer we would give them.

Archived