The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Lu could not come to a deal when the Islanders wanted one and had he had to back to Junior when apparently the Isles wanted him in the NHL.

He held out on the Panthers until they finally gave in to his demands, and then did it to them again and turned down a fair deal fro Florida and was dealt to vancouver.

He then set a line in the sand and said if by sept something if a deal he was going to play out the final year of his contract and a few days before the deadline the Canucks inked him to his current deal.

I pointed this out many times before and believe Lu to be greedy and think he has never cared about any team he has ever played on and is to selfish to put any team 1st.

Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Leafs still pushing for Luongo - (Even though he nixed trade to them) Gillis wants Leafs deal that's on table

I'll update this when I figure out what the deal is.

EDIT: Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

@computergeek316 The Luongo deal would have happened today or tmrw if he didn't block trade.. Now it's up in the air. Leafs still pushing

The number of articles that get written based on repeated hearsay is pretty pathetic - if any of these 'journalists' were professional they'd contact Luongo to confirm what they heard, or chalk it up as mere rumour, and without confirmation they wouldn't bother to write a worthless article. They run with the I heard it from someone who heard it from someone, as opposed to just openly speculating, as in "I think" this or that - it's pathetic actually, pretending their 'knowledge' is attributable back to the source. Lame, disrespectful and unprofessional.

In 3 of the 4 losses (game 7 being the exception), The canucks carried the balance of the play, vastly outshooting the Bruins, and then the bruins would finally get a chance, come down and score.........that was the real issue with Luongo's goaltending.......he had long periods of inactivity and allowed the Bruins to take momentum that the skaters had earned, away from the Canucks, by letting in untimely goals

In 3 of the 4 losses (game 7 being the exception), The canucks carried the balance of the play, vastly outshooting the Bruins, and then the bruins would finally get a chance, come down and score.........that was the real issue with Luongo's goaltending.......he had long periods of inactivity and allowed the Bruins to take momentum that the skaters had earned, away from the Canucks, by letting in untimely goals

Archived