The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Eaves on Team 1040

CoreyPerry

If he's a Canuck fan surely he hates our rival Oilers.

Schultz signing with Vancouver makes just as much sense as signing with the Oilers. We have a big-3 of Hamhuis, Bieksa and Edler who will most likely eat up 22-24 minutes a game for the next 3 or 4 seasons, but this will most likely be Salo's last season after which we will need another 22-24 minute defenceman to play in our top-4 or top-2. Enter: Justin Shultz.

He should play 15-20 minutes next season, then jump up to a top-4 role the following season which makes far more sense for his development than jumping straight into the NHL. Don't forget - he's as unproven as it gets.

If he's a Canuck fan surely he hates our rival Oilers.

Schultz signing with Vancouver makes just as much sense as signing with the Oilers. We have a big-3 of Hamhuis, Bieksa and Edler who will most likely eat up 22-24 minutes a game for the next 3 or 4 seasons, but this will most likely be Salo's last season after which we will need another 22-24 minute defenceman to play in our top-4 or top-2. Enter: Justin Shultz.

He should play 15-20 minutes next season, then jump up to a top-4 role the following season which makes far more sense for his development than jumping straight into the NHL. Don't forget - he's as unproven as it gets.

My opinion on Justin Schultz changes whenever I hear anything about him. At this point, I really don't care where this kid signs, I'll be glad if it is with the Canucks but it is a 22 year old with 0 NHL games played. I would be fuming if I was an Anaheim fan.

Have fun in Edmonton, Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver or wherever you go kid.

I think Canucks have more to offer on the mentorship side of things. Although he may be NHL ready it does not mean he couldn't benefit from the collective experience of Hammer, Juice, Salo and Edler. Who does Edmonton have that can compare to that? He may well go their and crash and burn, in Van he can truly develop his game and weather out any small storms that may come to pass.

i think his choice, will speak volumes about his character.....edmonton can offer him top 4 minutes, on the canucks though, he needs to earn his playing time.....if he is as good as everyone says and he believes, he should be able to grab some premier ice time....he has to walk the walk.....we all hope he signs here.

Of all the times we have said he wants to play on his home team when discussing FA's, this is concretely the most likely of all, mind you Hamhuis refused Pittsburg, and Philly.

I don't know where the no time comment comes from.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Shultz/Tanev/Salo

Archived