The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] C. Price gets 6 Years

Everyone thinks LU is overated and overpaid, go look at Price's career stats, and now has a caphit of 6.5mil.

Price is overated. I don't understand how lots of people are saying this guy is team Canada's for sure choice for 2014 based on his numbers. Don't get the hype around this guy.

His best year: 2010-2011 - 38 wins, 8 SO, 2.35 GAA, .923 SV% With 8 SO's, his GAA is average

Luongo 2010-2011 - 38 wins, 4 SO, 2.11 GAA, 9.28 SV%, goes to the SCF

But yet LU is overated and overpaid, and Price isn't.....OK

Everyone thinks LU is overated and overpaid, go look at Price's career stats, and now has a caphit of 6.5mil.

Price is overated. I don't understand how lots of people are saying this guy is team Canada's for sure choice for 2014 based on his numbers. Don't get the hype around this guy.

First off Strong stupidity and homerism in this thread

By the way I am no Canadiens fan, I actually don't like them at all.

Now, not overpaid at all, Carey Price has the potential to become one of the best goalies in the league, and he is probably the best young goaltender in the NHL (yeah he's 24, but compared to others, he's still relatively young).

Carey's just entering his prime and he can only get better from here, which is why the Habs signed him for 6.5 per. He's the franchise player of their team too. They paid for potential, and Carey has all of the tools to be the top goalie in the NHL I'd say. And for those of you who are looking at his stats alone, look at who's around him on his team, a major reason for his win-loss record and stuff is because the team surrounding him is terrible.

Also all of you saying you'd rather have Luongo for 10 years over Price a goalie who's just entering his prime for a mere million dollars more for only 6 years....YEAH OKAY. Oh yeah and Luongo is 9 years older HA. A goalie possibly leaving his prime for one who is just starting to tap into his super high potential...Hmmmm

Also, Carey is the main reason the Habs even made it to game 7 against the Bruins in the 2011 playoffs with a super inferior team to ours, he even had a 50 save game I think. So he has performed in the playoffs lately.

Anyways I don't want to rant anymore, so in summation, this is a fair contract for all sides. ALso LOL at he should've taken Cory Schneider money. HA, how many games has Schneider played in the NHL? How many wins does Schneider have compared to Price?

I am by no means a Montreal fan, but Price is at least the equivalent of Lou, and in my opinion better. The difference in numbers is strictly the team playing in front of him. Montreal has had major injuries on D the last few years, and thus they were forced to fill holes with crappies.

His best year: 2010-2011 - 38 wins, 8 SO, 2.35 GAA, .923 SV% With 8 SO's, his GAA is average

Luongo 2010-2011 - 38 wins, 4 SO, 2.11 GAA, 9.28 SV%, goes to the SCF

But yet LU is overated and overpaid, and Price isn't.....OK

Archived