The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo and Chicago

Junkyard Dog

Tremendous is a very strong word.

I would say average to great regular season goaltending.

In 2007 Luongo was the only reason we made the playoffs, the fact we even won a round was remarkable. Since then we have missed the playoffs once, and been knocked out early three times.

Luongo has had one and a half good playoffs in 5 attempts, and I understand it's a team game etc. but his playoffs stats suck other than 2007. He is consistently inconsistent as far as the playoffs go.

Tremendous goaltending he has given us indeed. You fail to recognize a good thing when you see one. You and your type will BEG for better goaltending when Luongo's gone as well as Gillis' head for having "ruined" the team...

Tremendous is a very strong word.

I would say average to great regular season goaltending.

In 2007 Luongo was the only reason we made the playoffs, the fact we even won a round was remarkable. Since then we have missed the playoffs once, and been knocked out early three times.

Luongo has had one and a half good playoffs in 5 attempts, and I understand it's a team game etc. but his playoffs stats suck other than 2007. He is consistently inconsistent as far as the playoffs go.

It's a team game. Our playoff problems has been as much about other areas of concern than just goaltending. Has Luongo been lights out in the playoffs? NO. Has he had some games he has looked out of sorts? YES. Should it fall completely on his shoulders? NO. Much of the blame in my opinion has to do with an over-rated defence core and poor back-side pressure from our forwards, as well as a lack of toughness for playoff hockey and the missing fourth line? The last two Stanley Cup winning teams, arguably three were willing to play four lines and they got depth scoring. This we do not and still do not have. This is the deficiency that has left us without the playoff success we seek, not the goaltending.

I don't put Lou on a pedestal but there are more games I am glad he is in the net saving our bacon than games I shake my head at the soft goals that beat him.

Yes the team has some issues. The goaltender though is the most important position on the team and has often appeared to be this teams most glaring weakness in the playoffs.

Luongo is considered by many on CDC at least to be "elite", "world-class", "top 3, 5, 10", etc. So if this is true and even if the team sucks, Luongo probably shouldn't be giving up 4-8 goals a game on a semi-regular basis in the playoffs.

I just hope that if Lu does go to Chicago, the mentality in the locker room for us changes. I'm talking more of a understanding that it'll be Schneider's first full season and that they'll really need to step it up and not only rely on him, which I've think they've come to thinking that way with Lu.

Luongo for Jonathan Toews, Brandon Saad, 2 1st round picks.

Jonathan Toews to Philly for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and Sean Couturier

Simmonds and Couturier for Alex Pietrangelo and Tarasenko

Brayden Schenn, and a 7th to Jarome Iginla

Jarome Iginla to Nashville for Colin Wilson and Shea Weber.

Colin Wilson to Toronto for JVR, and Jake Gardiner.

JVR to Washington for Karl Alzner and John Carlsson

John Carlsson to Anaheim for Kyle Palmieri and Luca Sbisa

Sign Shane Doan and Alex Semin for 500k each.

Trade Shane Doan to the Sharks for Brent Burns, and 2 1st round picks.

Trade Alex Semin to Columbus for Rick Nash.

Trade Nash for Mikheal Granlund, Zack Phillips, Charlie Coyle.

Trade Granlund to Calgary for Backlund

Trade Backlund to New Jersey for Zajac

Zajac to the Islanders for Strome, Nelson, and Nielson.

Strome to Tampa Bay for Connelly

Trade Connelly to Yotes for OEL, and 2 1st round picks.

Move 2 first round picks for Evander Kane.

Trade Evander Kane to Carolina for Jeff Skinner

Jeff Skinner to Dallas for Jack Campbell, Brendan Morrow, and 2 1st round picks.

Trade a 1st round pick for Nick Bjustad and Kris Versteeg

Move Versteeg, 1st for Bobby Ryan

Trade Bobby Ryan to Edmonton for MPS and Hall

Trade Hall to Colorado for Duchene, 1st, and ROR

Trade Duchene to Detroit for Datsyuk, Smith.

Datsyuk can then go to Ottawa for Karlsson, and 5 first round picks.

Karlsson can be traded to the Canadiens for PK Subban, Tinordi, 10 first round draft picks.

Then you can trade Pk Subban, 2 1st round picks to Buffalo for Tyler Myers.

Then you can trade a 1st round pick to the Rangers for Kreider.

Essentially, you have traded Luongo for a whole new roster. GG

• 1 month later...

Archived