The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I was at save on foods in kamloops today I live here, and talked to a few guys who work there that I know, aparently Doan has been in there a few times this week and everyone keeps asking him to sign in van, and he isn't budging he won't say anything besides "signing in phoenix is my first priority"

And "its going to be a family descision we love bc tho!"

He won't say much about it, but ya just thought I would share that, its up to you guys to believe it or not.

The rumour of 4 years and $30 million would put us squarely out of the running. I can see a number of teams offering it to him, but not us.

He is a good player, but he is not a $7.5 million dollar per year guy, especially on a long term. I don't really see why he would move from Phoenix if he was just chasing the money though...

If he can go to a contender who will pay him that, all power to him.

The rumour of 4 years and $30 million would put us squarely out of the running. I can see a number of teams offering it to him, but not us.

He is a good player, but he is not a $7.5 million dollar per year guy, especially on a long term. I don't really see why he would move from Phoenix if he was just chasing the money though...

If he can go to a contender who will pay him that, all power to him.

He has a wife and four kids. If PHX deal doesn't go through, a large piece of that decision involves location for family and some certainty to not have to move.The way I see it:

PHO - family can stay put, finish career out on the same team, only if ownership is sorted out

MTL - largest offer?, Carey Price second cousin? finished near NHL basement.

NYR - highest chance at cup? big apple appeal?

PHI - pretty good chance at cup? decent offer?

VAN - pretty decent chance for cup, length of offer? Most familiar/comfortable place for family to re-settle.

The length of our offer will come into play. As long as it is ballpark with the other teams, I think we have a good chance. Canuck fans are up at Eagle Point Golf right now, chirping him to come play for the home team. Apparently he's taking like a good sport :) To clarify, home team meaning he grew up playing on the Blazers and I believe his wife is from Kamloops.

Wouldn't matter if he retired after four years. As a player over 35 years old, his entire contract would count against the Cap. That means the Canucks would be on the hook for 5 mil when Doan is 41 and 42 years old.

That's Chris Chelios country...

Wouldn't matter if he retired after four years. As a player over 35 years old, his entire contract would count against the Cap. That means the Canucks would be on the hook for 5 mil when Doan is 41 and 42 years old.

That's Chris Chelios country...

Archived