Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

?

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1823 replies to this topic

#1261 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

leadership is rivaled only by class as the most overused term by fans and media who have absolutely no basis for an opinion on the subject since they aren't in the dressing room with these guys during the games.

lol so you think Doan isn't a good leader? lol wow

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 07 August 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#1262 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

lol so you think Doan isn't a good leader? lol wow

i didn't say anything close to that. i said fans making claims one way or the other are inherently speaking out of their asses.

#1263 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

i didn't say anything close to that. i said fans making claims one way or the other are inherently speaking out of their asses.

well either way with out the leader ship Doan will teach our young power foward to be hard nosed... (which is Jensens only downfall right now) so i believe it would be worth it

#1264 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Doan's waiting pretty long. He must be confident that the season will start late, since he's been at the CBA talks.

Ideally a player would want to get everything set well in advance to the start of camp.

Hopefully he decides soon, so the teams involved can begin making decisions.

#1265 Bob Chen

Bob Chen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Posting to see last page
Sig too big.

#1266 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,367 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Sips morning coffee. Sees nothing new.
Posted Image

#1267 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Nucks should move on and get the chemistry for the 2012/13 season started in the offseason. Lu and Doan saga wasting time, bandwith, and will most likely not amount to anything, except for the distraction it will create when training camp opens. I say get on with it, trade for another power forward and get the boys focussed before the starting blocks. I'm a city planner and I need to start the parade route asap.

ps. can a mod pin this thread? I think it deserves pinning as we near the 50 page milestone.

Edited by djsandwiches, 07 August 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Cheers!

#1268 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

If Van is Doan's Plan B vs PHX as Plan A then waiting isn't as big a deal as a possible move to the NYR or PITT. His family knows the province and already has a comfort level. That said I still think a deal is announced this week.

#1269 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Guys... why are you saying 6.7 is too much for doan?.... he will do what Sundin did to the sedins and kesler to Booth and Kassian... maybe best of all to Jensen! and he would be getting payed less!

So you want to pay him 6.7 million not for his play (not that he even puts up points like a 6.7 player should) but for his knowledge? Sure he may put up more because he may play with the Sedins, but as of right now he's more of a 5- maybe 6 million dollar player. I would still cring at giving him 5.5 million.

The only way he gets near 7 million is if his use of the I really don't want to leave Phoenix spiel works and some GM soaks t up, panics and gives him the big dollars.
Posted Image

#1270 Gady

Gady

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Posted Image Phoenix Coyotes@NHL_Coyotes
Coyotes #Doan CONFIRMED Doan will NOT re-sign with Phoenix Coyotes. 100% guaranteed. #HargusInsider http://bit.ly/M7veLu
Love your enemies - it will drive them crazy ...

#1271 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Coyotes #Doan CONFIRMED Doan will NOT re-sign with Phoenix Coyotes. 100% guaranteed. #HargusInsider http://bit.ly/M7veLu

It'll happen today then.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1272 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,495 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

You'd think he's probably close to picking the "somewhere else" soon then...probably find out this week....

Edited by J.R., 07 August 2012 - 11:50 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1273 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#1274 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image Phoenix Coyotes ‏@NHL_Coyotes

Pretty sure that even states it's an "unofficial fan page"

Move along kids, nothing to see here
Posted Image
Thanks Ballard_4 for the sig!

#1275 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Pretty sure that even states it's an "unofficial fan page"

Move along kids, nothing to see here

Yeah i was going to say this, this isn't even an official fan page of anything. Just another person saying what they think, and if it happens (Doan leaves Phoenix), this guy will be like, "Told you so"!!! :)
Posted Image

#1276 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Wasted my bandwith. Unofficial twatter fan page. Not a valid source.

Cheers!

#1277 Gady

Gady

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wasted my bandwith. Unofficial twatter fan page. Not a valid source.

Give me a link - I'll send you some bandwidth to spare ...
Love your enemies - it will drive them crazy ...

#1278 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Lol Doan re-iterated that his preference is to sign with the Coyotes so that's BS sorry.

#1279 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Lol Doan re-iterated that his preference is to sign with the Coyotes so that's BS sorry.

Well what did you expect him to say?

#1280 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

:picard:

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1281 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

http://coyotes.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=68293

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1282 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

http://m.thehockeyne...-continues.html

Shane Doan watch continues
Suitors are lining up for a shot at landing Doan if the Coyotes sale crumbles.
Lyle Richardson
August 7, 2012 1:22 PM EDT
Count the San Jose Sharks as one of the teams rumored to be pursuing Shane Doan behind the scenes.

It’s been nearly a month since Shane Doan set the first of his deadlines in hopes of getting clarity on the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to prospective buyer Greg Jamison.

Since then, Doan has examined his options, which included meeting with the respective managements of the New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks, but as he recently told TSN, he’s doing everything he can to remain with the Coyotes.

The problem, according to recent reports out of Arizona, is Jamison apparently lacks sufficient capital to purchase and operate the Coyotes, coming up short by about $20 million.

Doan’s desire to re-sign and his patience over the ownership situation are commendable, but by fielding offers and visiting with interested teams, he’s obviously preparing for the possibility of signing elsewhere.

One of the teams thought to be pursuing Doan: the San Jose Sharks.

Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com on Friday cited a source claiming the Sharks have quietly pursued the Coyotes captain, listing them among the favorites for his services.

Kurz subsequently reported rumors Doan is seeking a four-year, $30-million contract, which would have average annual salary of $7.5 million.

He noted an NHL source said if that asking price were genuine, the Sharks wouldn’t be among the suitors, as they’re unwilling to offer more than a three-year deal at $4.5 million per season.

It should be noted Doan’s agent recently denied that rumor, which appears to have been taken from a report last month he’d received that $30-million offer from an unnamed Eastern Conference club and blown out of proportion.

That said, if the Sharks aren’t willing to offer more than $4.5 million per season, they’re unlikely to outbid teams like the New York Rangers, Los Angeles Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings, which have the cap space to ink him for much more than that.

The Nashville Predators are another Western Conference club with interest in Doan and the cap space to sign him.

GM David Poile recently said he doesn’t expect Doan to visit Nashville as he did with the Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks, but that’s due to his familiarity with the team and the city of Nashville.

Speaking of the Rangers, Larry Brooks of the New York Post claimed they remain keenly interested in Doan, citing the absence of Marian Gaborik (shoulder surgery) until December and the pressure upon promising forwards Chris Kreider and Carl Hagelin.

Brooks noted Doan’s desire to remain with the Coyotes, but if he moves on, it’s believed he’s narrowed his focus to the Rangers, Penguins and Canucks, suggesting if GM Glen Sather is willing to commit for four years, the veteran right winger “is more likely than not to become a Blueshirt.”

Fans of other NHL clubs tend to roll their eyes whenever they read speculative reports about the best available talent going to the Rangers, but in this case, Brooks may be correct.

The Rangers have more than $11 million in cap space and their recent acquisition of Rick Nash indicates they’re in serious pursuit of the Stanley Cup.

Given the superb goaltending of Henrik Lundqvist, the rising talent on their blueline corps, their solid defensive game and the addition of Nash, the Rangers could become the favorite to win the Cup this coming season.

If Doan decides to leave the Coyotes, it’s believed he’ll sign with a Cup contender. The Rangers arguably give him the best chance of playing for a champion.
Rumor Roundup appears Monday-Friday only on thehockeynews.com. Lyle Richardson has been an NHL commentator since 1998
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1283 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

The Nashville Predators are another Western Conference club with interest in Doan and the cap space to sign him.

GM David Poile recently said he doesn’t expect Doan to visit Nashville as he did with the Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks, but that’s due to his familiarity with the team and the city of Nashville.

Hmm, I think Doan is probably more familiar w/ Vancouver and the surrounding areas than he is w/ Nashville, yet he visited us Poile. Methinks Nashville are most definitely not in the hunt.

#1284 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,244 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Shane Doan Wants More Than Three Years:

According to a tweet from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News, the Sharks are no longer in the running for Shane Doan as he has made it clear he wants to sign a deal that is longer than three years.

The Sharks reportedly would only offer Doan three-years and $4.5 million per season.

http://snyrangersblo...an-three-years/

307mg00.jpg

#1285 samirjaver

samirjaver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

http://blogs.tenness...his-short-list/

Trotz on Doan: “Nashville is on his short list”

Posted on August 7, 2012 by JOSH COOPER, The Tennessean

Predators Coach Barry Trotz said he has been in touch with Phoenix Coyotes free agent forward Shane Doan recently. Doan is considered the last remaining prime unrestricted free agent on the market. Trotz coached Doan at the 2009 IIHF world championships. Trotz was an assistant on that team.

“I’ve been in contact with Shane Doan almost a month now. I keep in contact with him,” Trotz said. “To be quite honest I hope everything gets resolved in Phoenix and he retires as a Phoenix Coyote, but if it doesn’t, I know Nashville is on his short list.”

Last week, Predators General Manager David Poile said the Predators had interest in Doan, but didn’t expect Doan to visit due to his familiarity with Nashville. The Arizona Republic has reported Doan has visited the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers.

Weber no trade: Shea Weber’s agent, Jarrett Bousquet of Titan Sports, said that Weber and the Predators were still having talks in regards to a no-trade or no-movement clause. But no such provision was put in Weber’s 14-year $110 million contract yet.

Posted Image

#1286 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predators/2012/08/07/trotz-on-doan-nashville-is-on-his-short-list/

Trotz on Doan: “Nashville is on his short list”

Posted on August 7, 2012 by JOSH COOPER, The Tennessean

Predators Coach Barry Trotz said he has been in touch with Phoenix Coyotes free agent forward Shane Doan recently. Doan is considered the last remaining prime unrestricted free agent on the market. Trotz coached Doan at the 2009 IIHF world championships. Trotz was an assistant on that team.

“I’ve been in contact with Shane Doan almost a month now. I keep in contact with him,” Trotz said. “To be quite honest I hope everything gets resolved in Phoenix and he retires as a Phoenix Coyote, but if it doesn’t, I know Nashville is on his short list.”

Last week, Predators General Manager David Poile said the Predators had interest in Doan, but didn’t expect Doan to visit due to his familiarity with Nashville. The Arizona Republic has reported Doan has visited the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers.

Weber no trade: Shea Weber’s agent, Jarrett Bousquet of Titan Sports, said that Weber and the Predators were still having talks in regards to a no-trade or no-movement clause. But no such provision was put in Weber’s 14-year $110 million contract yet.

How does Doan have such a familiarity with Nashville??

#1287 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,008 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Shane Doan Wants More Than Three Years:

According to a tweet from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News, the Sharks are no longer in the running for Shane Doan as he has made it clear he wants to sign a deal that is longer than three years.

The Sharks reportedly would only offer Doan three-years and $4.5 million per season.

http://snyrangersblo...an-three-years/

thats bad news for Vancouver. i don't think gillis will offer him 4.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1288 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,244 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

I thought Family and winning the Cup was more important to him?

307mg00.jpg

#1289 knuck

knuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

he is familiar with how much nashville and their hockey team suck!

#1290 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

If silver sack wants 4 years then he can go to the NYR.

How would that be bad news?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.