The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Had the Canucks mustered a win in game 7 Lu likely could have received the conn smythe. As he won the cup, nobody remembers that Thomas got lit up badly vs the Bolts. The difference is his team was able to outscore their problems in that series.

Really?

• May 14: Tampa Bay 5 - Boston 2

• May 17: Boston 6 - Tampa Bay 5

• May 19: Boston 2 - Tampa Bay 0

• May 21: Tampa Bay 5 - Boston 3

• May 23: Boston 3 - Tampa Bay 1

• May 25: Tampa Bay 5 - Boston 4

• May 27: Boston 1 - Tampa Bay 0

• As others have pointed out Thomas had a very average series against Tampa - up until the finals I would argue Luo was the better goalie.

I sure hope Luongo is gone before the season starts. Its not that he would not be very good insurance, but the distraction it would cause would not be good for the chemistry in the dressing room. I believe the team needs the opportunity to embrace schneider as the teams #1 and focus on the new team direction.

It is interesting that Garrison is recruiting Upshall wile Doan is in town at the same time since Upshall happens to have a NTC/NMC and he'd have to waive the NTC portion to come here.

Well, if Upshall is the cap dump coming back this way (that contract is immovable w/ both a NTC & a NMC), then I'd expect Bjugstad to also be coming this way with Raymond going the other way (expiring contract not unlike Samuelsson/Sturm in the Booth deal) and I don't think it's Doan or Upshall. I think the likelihood of accepting Upshall's immovable $3.5m cap hit means Doan is in a Canuck uniform since the majority of Upshall's success came from playing on a line with Doan while in Phoenix.

However, there is this little issue to get over:

I suppose Kesler & Backes got over that incident enough to play well in a two week tournament, but can Upshall (a guy with a bad reputation himself) & Kesler co-exist for three years without that mutual hate creating a dressing room nightmare (especially since trading for Upshall would mean the end of Burrows' or Higgins' - or maybe even both - tenures in a Canuck uniform)?

I guess there's always the expected new 1-time amnesty clause in the next CBA...

Edit: Misunderstood the tweet. Corrected the thought process.

If this were a movie, we're in time lapse at about 30,000 FPS played at regular 29.97 FPS.

Scene 42, take 1: The Canucks are just about to get violently raped, losing their number one star goalie, their number one pick in 2012 and possibly more, for ONE nobody.

Archived