The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Perfect fit really... Ginger Plays fantastic for his home team, Lucic plays fantastic for his home team, everyone is extatically thrilled on the matter as Boston replaces Thomas the bad ass and Luongo and the Canucks get exactly what they don't have; playoff scoring, sign Doan and double so, a deadline deal lets say. Can the fans and Luogo just had a little fight?

Goaltending, defense, offense.

Overpayment.

Versteeg is over-rated around here.

Versteeg actually hits less than Mason Raymond. Another smaller skilled forward, who just hit a career high 54 points - (that's one more than Raymond's career high) - he's actually comparable to Raymond in many ways, with the exception of his cap hit, which is double Raymond's - at 4.5 million, Versteeg imo is not really the upgrade the top six needs. Hope we don't spend any assets on this guy. Just don't see him as a good fit with Booth and Kesler or bringing what the Canucks need. I hope the rumor that the Canucks are not interested in him is true.

Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting that the answer to playoff scoring...is Lucic? The guy was virtually invisible in their SC run, 5 goals in 25 games - 35 points in 62 lifetime playoff games. Not very impressive really.

Would much rather keep the guy you call "Ginger".

Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting that the answer to playoff scoring...is Lucic? The guy was virtually invisible in their SC run, 5 goals in 25 games - 35 points in 62 lifetime playoff games. Not very impressive really.

Would much rather keep the guy you call "Ginger".

If we put Lucic with the Sedins then he could be, they even made Anson Carter a 30 goal scorer. And nobody would frack with them if Lucic is on their line. But Lucic is never coming here so it doesn't matter

If we were to get Lucic for Schnieder we would need to include Booth in the deal and take on Thomas's cap hit (which I say hell no to). There isn't a player in the league comparable to Lucic, He's tough and can pot 30 goals on a top line that is weaker than ours.

It would be:

Schnieder

Booth

for

Lucic

Thomas

1st

(Thomas did have a NMC and NTC but that expired July 1st this year.)

I wouldn't do this deal, but this it would be.

If we were to get Lucic for Schnieder we would need to include Booth in the deal and take on Thomas's cap hit (which I say hell no to). There isn't a player in the league comparable to Lucic, He's tough and can pot 30 goals on a top line that is weaker than ours.

It would be:

Schnieder

Booth

for

Lucic

Thomas

1st

Boston does not want Schneids and would not trade Lucic. Rask is a more experienced goalie than Schneids and has a great future ahead of him. Lucic is one of their most promising forwards. I have no idea why anyone would want Thomas' cap hit, as he would never play here. If a Boston fan saw these trades they'd laugh so hard they would cough up a lung.

I think Luongo is a good goalie that can help a bubble team get into the playoffs and maybe win a round. There are few teams in this position that need a goalie, so I don't think his value is as high as it could be.

I would be thrilled if we got Matthius and Howden for Loungo, but it is probably a Florida overpayment. At this point, I would be happy with Matthius and a solid 5/6 D. Matthius can play 3rd line center for Nucks and (if we got) Howden continues to develop on the Wolves. Canucks return is better for the cap as well.

Boston does not want Schneids and would not trade Lucic. Rask is a more experienced goalie than Schneids and has a great future ahead of him. Lucic is one of their most promising forwards. I have no idea why anyone would want Thomas' cap hit, as he would never play here. If a Boston fan saw these trades they'd laugh so hard they would cough up a lung.

I think Luongo is a good goalie that can help a bubble team get into the playoffs and maybe win a round. There are few teams in this position that need a goalie, so I don't think his value is as high as it could be.

I would be thrilled if we got Matthius and Howden for Loungo, but it is probably a Florida overpayment. At this point, I would be happy with Matthius and a solid 5/6 D. Matthius can play 3rd line center for Nucks and (if we got) Howden continues to develop on the Wolves. Canucks return is better for the cap as well.

It would be:

Schnieder

Booth

for

Lucic

Thomas

1st

Archived