The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Is it fair that Lu has only given MG one team to trade with?? I don't care what Lu wants, he is the one that wanted the rediculous contract and wouldn't resign with the Canucks unless he was grossly overpaid. He can play backup if he is handcuffing MG.

If Lu is on the roster come October, MG will most likely have to wait until at least January to get value as we all know how well Lu plays the first couple monthes

More?!?! Nevermind the fact he's already gotten the richest deal in Canucks history, nevermind the fact he's gotten the 2nd richest goalie deal in NHL history, you think he could've gotten more? I get it now, all this time, Luongo has been underpaid! That explains all his playoff meltdowns, he's underpaid!

Mark Hasiuk

@MarkHasiuk

Columnist, Vancouver Courier newspaper. No public relations. The stuff they don't want printed. For questions and news tips: mhasiuk@vancourier.com

VanCity · http://markhasiuk.com

Mark Hasiuk@MarkHasiuk

Rumour from a reliable: Luongo to TO for Joe Colborne/one late pick. Teams waiting for CBA resolution.

Expand

Not sure how reliable if at all. That's why I didn't post this in Luongo news thread.

Mark Hasiuk

@MarkHasiuk

Columnist, Vancouver Courier newspaper. No public relations. The stuff they don't want printed. For questions and news tips: mhasiuk@vancourier.com

VanCity · http://markhasiuk.com

Mark Hasiuk@MarkHasiuk

Rumour from a reliable: Luongo to TO for Joe Colborne/one late pick. Teams waiting for CBA resolution.

Expand

Not sure how reliable if at all. That's why I didn't post this in Luongo news thread.

If Gillis trades Luongo pretty much straight up for Joe Colborne he will lose all respect from this Canucks fan. You can't preach all offseason that you have an elite goalie and are demanding an elite package, and then settle for a guy like that.

I'm not even sure if I would accept Cobourne + their 1st rounder. This rumour better not be true.

If Gillis trades Luongo pretty much straight up for Joe Colborne he will lose all respect from this Canucks fan. You can't preach all offseason that you have an elite goalie and are demanding an elite package, and then settle for a guy like that.

I'm not even sure if I would accept Cobourne + their 1st rounder. This rumour better not be true.

It's not. It's from some crappy "underground" Vancouver newspaper trying to generate interest - hence why there is always a) that the information came from a "reputable source" despite them never reporting anything, ever and b ) there's always some catch (CBA, Doan, etc)

I hope so!On second look, I think you are right. The guy doesn't have many followers, and has recently tweeted some really idiotic stuff. You would think Province Sports would be a little more careful bout who they quote and retweet, jeez. That's the only reason I thought this might be somewhat legit.

Archived