The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

if the canucks do sign doan, this is my biggest worry...and it isnt probably what you think

billabong

if the canucks do sign doan (which would be great...if its no more then two years) my biggest worry is would his heart still be with the phx/wpg organization. i know he would play hard and be an effective player but would that little extra push be left in phx. when sundin was here all i kept hearing was "sure, he is canucks but his heart is still in toronto", there is no shame in that because of all the blood, sweat and tears these two guys put into both of their teams.

virtually what im asking is "would the exact same player we saw in phx, be the one we would have in the canucks line up?"

i have my doubts just because of how loyal he is to phx organization but i also know how much of straight up guy he is through and through

so i dont know, only time tell if he does indeed leave his home sweet home..

Guest BuckFoston

I don't know about you, but I think downtown Vancouver will sooner steal a heart than dry, sweltering Arizona.

I don't share the same concern.

It could be like when Bourque escaped Boston. I didn't see him lose anything just because he wasn't playing for the Bruins. Instead it was like he was given a fresh opportunity to win the Cup.

When an organization is paying you millions of dollars, when you're on the road travelling, eating, sleeping, and socializing with a certain group of players, and when you are shown love and loyalty from a city and its fans, it's pretty easy to start loving them.

Doan is always going to be a Coyote. His heart and his legacy is with that franchise and I can't see anything changing that. Just look at all the crap that is going on in Phoenix right now and he is still trying to have faith and stay loyal to that team. Even with all that, the guy is a warrior and if we were lucky enough to sign him, he'd give us everything he's got.

Archived