The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver-Florida (another one)

Someone else posted a proposal similar to the one I'm thinking about. Tallon apparently wants either Hansen or Edler, here is a slight modification of it

To Vancouver: Quinton Howden + Nick Bjugstad + 2013 1st

To Florida: Roberto Luongo + Jordan Schroeder + Chris Tanev + 2014 1st

What our line up could look like for 2013-14:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Doan - Kesler - Booth

Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Connauton

Schneider

Lack

There is a plus side to this trade for both teams. The next two draft years are supposed to be great, so Vancouver gets two solid 1st round picks this year and Florida gets none. Then in 2014, Florida gets two 1st rounders and Vancouver has none. Sort of evens it out a little more. Thoughts?

That package could get us Bjugstad,1st rd pick and Petrovic if we are just trading strictly for the future. None of Florida's roster players really stands out to me besides Weiss but even he might not be a game changer in our line-up.

I'd stick with Bjugstad and a 1st and work from there. If we get anything extra, I'd ship those extra pieces over to St.Louis in a deal for Berglund

Luongo alone isn't getting Bjugstad so far, so why would Hansen, Tanev and a '14 1st (almost forgot Schroeder) allow us to add on Huberdeau and their '13 1st? You're trading depth - albeit good depth - for a potential 1st line elite centerman and asking for their other best center prospect in Bjugstad. They might have depth now, but leaving them with Grimaldi and Howden doesn't make up for only giving them bottom 6/bottom 4 players in positions they already have covered with the likes of Upshall, Mueller, Parros, Skille, Gudbranson, Weaver, Petrovic, etc.

I would do something like

Luongo + Edler + Schroeder + 4th

for

Campbell + Huberdeau

Higgins-Huberdeau-Hansen triple H line again!

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Campbell-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo = Campbell

Edler + Schroeder + 4th = Huberdeau

Archived