Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharpshooter

Atheism On The Rise In America

548 posts in this topic

More of us are beginning to throw off the shackles and be more courageous, taking a public stand and being proud of having freedom of thought, after a long long time of observing the corruption that's involved with the religious institutions and I'm damned proud to be among those not afraid to speak out against something I feel is slowing down the evolution of human intelligence. I encourage more and more of those who feel the same to lose their inhibitions and tell the world that they're not afraid to say they don't believe.

It seems I know a bunch of atheists and they all annoy me. They are on par, or worse, than self righteous christian right wing nut jobs.

Why can't everybody keep their beliefs to themselves or amongst their own group, it is really annoying. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, beliefs are beliefs.

Next thing you know, those heathens will be killing people in the streets en masse because there's no way for them to judge what's right and wrong without God.

It seems I know a bunch of atheists and they all annoy me. They are on par, or worse, than self righteous christian right wing nut jobs.

Why can't everybody keep their beliefs to themselves or amongst their own group, it is really annoying. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, beliefs are beliefs.

Atheists don't have supernatural beliefs. It's really annoying when ignorant people can't keep their ignorance to themselves.

There are plenty of atheists with supernatural beliefs. I know some who believe in ghosts and psychic abilities, for example.

i just wish my church of atheism was exempt from taxes just like everyone elses as well. (my house)

There are plenty of atheists with supernatural beliefs. I know some who believe in ghosts and psychic abilities, for example.

Then give them this for me..... :picard:

And tell them to turn in their decoder ring....they're out.

Actual atheists? Atheists are by definition people who don't believe in a deity. That's the one and only requirement to be an atheist. Imposing other rules to exclude people past that definition is a no true Scotsman fallacy.

Proudly agnostic.

Actual atheists? Atheists are by definition people who don't believe in a deity. That's the one and only requirement to be an atheist. Imposing other rules to exclude people past that definition is a no true Scotsman fallacy.

Well...duh....if we don't believe in a deity...then logically we believe in no afterlife, and thereby no ghosts. try again.