The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Heard on ESPN radio you guys (assuming you're a Bill's fan) have 2 firsts + 2 seconds + 2 thirds in the 2018 draft.  I think the Bills are back in 2019-2020.  

The Bills will be trading Reggie Ragland as soon as they can find a trading partner.  That should net them at least another 3rd rounder if Beane can find a GM or coach who runs a 3-4 defence and is looking for a running downs thumper with 3 years left on a cheap ELC.

Edited by SabreFan1

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Chip, have you heard any news on how Adam Bighill is doing down with the Saints?   

Not much other than flashing good pass coverage as a LB in some training camp drills.

Have to figure he has to make it as a special teamer and light somebody up in preseason and prove at his size he can still be plenty physical.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

Not much other than flashing good pass coverage as a LB in some training camp drills.

Have to figure he has to make it as a special teamer and light somebody up in preseason and prove at his size he can still be plenty physical.

Seems like a genuinely nice person, so really pulling for him.  

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Awesome. Great to hear. I'll be signing up once reg season gets going after the opening game of the regular season so I can get maximal usage of DAZN

Same.  Go in with a buddy utilizing the 2 devices and you only have to pay for 1 month:

Sept: freebie

Oct: you pay

Nov: buddy's freebie

Dec: Buddy pays

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Seahawks need to sign Kaep, Boykin seems awful. 

They should sign Johnny Manziel think about it he is still young (25) has potential to be a starter in a couple years or a good backup and in the meantime he can learn how to be a pro NFL QB from a guy who shares his body type.

Johnny is showing he is committing to getting his life back on track and getting off the drugs and alcohol.

He has been working out and staying healthy waiting for another shot.

That is if you believe his Instragram and the statements his agent sends out.

Edited by Chip Kelly

You guys see 5 penalty calls on one play:

The referees in the Broncos vs. 49ers game had their hands full for a preseason game.

After the 49ers punted the ball late in the third quarter, the field was swarmed with flags. In total, five penalties had been committed on the play, and referee Pete Morelli needed so much help in making the calls that he nearly started laughing.

Preseason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #DENvsSF pic.twitter.com/i2NXYncFBD

— San Francisco 49ers (@49ers) August 20, 2017

Pete Morelli, glad that he got through with the speech of a call said, “With all that, it’s an offset.”

These were the penalties on the play:

• Receiving team - Holding, No. 46
  • Receiving team - Holding, No. 81
  • Receiving team - Block in the back, No. 80
  • Receiving team - Personal foul, No. 2
  • Kicking team - Holding, No. 18

Morelli probably won’t have to worry about this happening during the regular season, with more experienced players playing within the rules.

It was still hilarious, though, and he seemed to not mind it himself.

Not sure how 4 penalties on one side and one on the other offsets but whatevs.  Bring on the regular season please.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not sure how 4 penalties on one side and one on the other offsets but whatevs.  Bring on the regular season please.

The only games of preseason worth watching half the game of are week 3.

This week is the dress rehearsal you get to find out where teams are leaning by how much playing time guys get.

The regulars should all get the first half before the truly desperate guys come out.

First team, second, or third string and the rest are guys who will make a practice squad,quit, or head up to the CFL.

Edited by Chip Kelly

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah, it's kind of funny, but aside from automatic penalties like personal fouls only 1 penalty can be accepted per down, and the others become moot leaving 1 aside.

Besides "because that's the rule" I do wonder why they call it this way.

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Not a surprise since he is one of his best friends and Kraft and Brady voted Trump....

I knew all 3 were friends, but I found the ring thing odd.  I suppose Trump and Kraft developed quite a bond when Kraft was grieving over his wife.

• Upvote 1