The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what ever happened to eminem?

Mase_Raymond_21

Guest BuckFoston

Yup, no one likes rap that doesn't include getting high, snorting everything in sight, and beating dem beatches down.

All this Recovery stuff is so mainstream and we all liked him when every other song was about choking the hell out of Kim. Because we are all acting like hipster douches. :rolleyes:

Yup, no one likes rap that doesn't include getting high, snorting everything in sight, and beating dem beatches down.

All this Recovery stuff is so mainstream and we all liked him when every other song was about choking the hell out of Kim. Because we are all acting like hipster douches. :rolleyes:

Slim Shady Lp was really good. Marshall Mathers LP was unbelievable, one of the best hip-hop albums of all time. since then, it's been a steady decline with a few good songs sprinkled in every once in a while. Recovery was absolute garbage.

Eminem isn't the kind of artist who pumps out album after album. He takes his time with his music and it usually pays off.

Edit: He's confirmed that he's working on a new album.

Eminem has devoted most of his studio time over the past few weeks tohelping Slaughterhouse complete their Shady Records debut Welcome to: Our House, but Marshall recently confirmed — to the delight of fans — that he's started to work on his eighth solo album, and Royce Da 5'9" wouldn't be surprised if his boss has already banked more than a few records.

"I've actually kinda just started. I've been on the move a little bit too, so in between things, I sneak songs in here and there," Em revealed during a recent interview with Slaughterhouse. "We actually just finished the [slaughterhouse] album last week ... Now I've got time to be able to start doing things for my own project."

But despite Em's claims to be in the early stages of recording, Slaughterhouse's Royce Da 5'9" is confident that at the pace he works, Shady might already have a sizeable catalog at his fingertips.

"Marshall is the type that never really stops recording, so when you get in the studio he's in the back room where the booth is and the door is locked," Royce said on the set of Slaughterhouse's "Throw it Away" video, where Em made a cameo. "Nobody's allowed back there, nobody ever knows what he's doing. All I know is that he's constantly working, so if he told me that he had an album ready right now, I would believe him because he's like a work horse. He works every day."

During his studio time with Slaughterhouse, Eminem admitted that he's been using "all of Dre's little tricks, I've stolen over the years" to perfect songs, and that should translate into a memorable body of work. Em released his last solo LP, Recovery, in 2010.

I'm surprised to hear no one liked Bad Meets Evil. I thought that was one of the best rap albums to come out last year. Eminem was eminem but Royce fracking killed it. "A Kiss" and "Fast Lane" are still two of my fav songs......"lady gaga can quit her job at the post office, she's still a male lady!" :)

I'm surprised to hear no one liked Bad Meets Evil. I thought that was one of the best rap albums to come out last year. Eminem was eminem but Royce fracking killed it. "A Kiss" and "Fast Lane" are still two of my fav songs......"lady gaga can quit her job at the post office, she's still a male lady!" :)

Archived