Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

what ever happened to eminem?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image

I do feel old, I don't want to go to jail!

#32 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Whatchu talkin' bout? Dude's a legend in the Middle East...apparently...

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#33 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Eminem isn't the kind of artist who pumps out album after album. He takes his time with his music and it usually pays off.

Edit: He's confirmed that he's working on a new album.

Eminem has devoted most of his studio time over the past few weeks tohelping Slaughterhouse complete their Shady Records debut Welcome to: Our House, but Marshall recently confirmed — to the delight of fans — that he's started to work on his eighth solo album, and Royce Da 5'9" wouldn't be surprised if his boss has already banked more than a few records.

"I've actually kinda just started. I've been on the move a little bit too, so in between things, I sneak songs in here and there," Em revealed during a recent interview with Slaughterhouse. "We actually just finished the [Slaughterhouse] album last week ... Now I've got time to be able to start doing things for my own project."

But despite Em's claims to be in the early stages of recording, Slaughterhouse's Royce Da 5'9" is confident that at the pace he works, Shady might already have a sizeable catalog at his fingertips.

"Marshall is the type that never really stops recording, so when you get in the studio he's in the back room where the booth is and the door is locked," Royce said on the set of Slaughterhouse's "Throw it Away" video, where Em made a cameo. "Nobody's allowed back there, nobody ever knows what he's doing. All I know is that he's constantly working, so if he told me that he had an album ready right now, I would believe him because he's like a work horse. He works every day."

During his studio time with Slaughterhouse, Eminem admitted that he's been using "all of Dre's little tricks, I've stolen over the years" to perfect songs, and that should translate into a memorable body of work. Em released his last solo LP, Recovery, in 2010.

http://www.mtv.com/n...new-album.jhtml

Edited by Squirrels.Gone.Wild, 18 August 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#34 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm surprised to hear no one liked Bad Meets Evil. I thought that was one of the best rap albums to come out last year. Eminem was eminem but Royce fracking killed it. "A Kiss" and "Fast Lane" are still two of my fav songs......"lady gaga can quit her job at the post office, she's still a male lady!" :)
Posted Image

#35 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

The Eminem Show was by far his best album.

Everyone has their own opinion, but nothing can really top this one.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Eminem isn't the kind of artist who pumps out album after album. He takes his time with his music and it usually pays off.

Well... its more like he has huge issues with drugs and checks out for long periods of time.

#37 Quinn12

Quinn12

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Talking about Recovery

Whata joke.. Anyone who likes that album doesn't like the true Eminem..
R.I.P. Luc Bourdon.. Forever a Canuck; never forgotten

"'Grow some balls, just do it; and he went down there and done it"
--- Claude Giroux on how he helped his brother-in-law propose to his sister. lol

#38 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

I do feel old, I don't want to go to jail!

It's not illegal if you do her in your own head.

Also, Eminem had the reverse operation done as Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Tropic Thunder. He's really a black man when taking off the costume.

Edited by zaibatsu, 18 August 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#39 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Also, Eminem had the reverse operation done as Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Tropic Thunder. He's really a black man when taking off the costume.

"If YOU DO HER IN YOUR HEAD"?? .. what kind of azz-clown are you?

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#40 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm surprised to hear no one liked Bad Meets Evil. I thought that was one of the best rap albums to come out last year. Eminem was eminem but Royce fracking killed it. "A Kiss" and "Fast Lane" are still two of my fav songs......"lady gaga can quit her job at the post office, she's still a male lady!" :)

It's a good album. I agree entirely with Royce's skill; he kept up with Em on every song. Loud noises was a personal favourite because Crooked I murders anything he's on.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#41 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

misogyny, with a hint of racism .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.