The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers Re-Sign Hall -- 7 Years

Kassian

Interesting... 6 million seems a little steep for a guy who has had two significant injuries in his first two years - not saying he won't be worth it, but this might be one of those scenarios where you should play it year by year, or at least at a shorter term.

Confirmed 7yrs, $6mil per.

Sweet deal for Hall, considering his swiftly-building 'bandaid boy' status.

If this is the bar for Eberle, then it's quite obvious that Tamby's going to have a real tough time keeping his core together. Obviously there will be trades. If he's smart about it, he can swiftly build a winner. We'll see.

Garth Snow signing Tavares to $5.5mil per looks sweeter by the day.

Honestly, if the Canuck's re-sign Edler. I could see Edler knocking Hall out for the rest of the year.(s)

Kid needs to keep his head up. Doesn't deserve this contract, but oh well. Snow is no longer the worst GM in the league. That title should go to Tamby.

Of course Tamby will have to make some trades. It's inevitable.

The real problem isn't cap-related, but icetime-related. There's only so much of it to go around and Tamby will need to make some trades to balance out his team a bit. Esp. when their 'big-4' all play a similar style game. ie. They all tend to get hurt and none of them are exceptional at defense, but more importantly, they'll all need top, sheltered icetime.

imo All those guys being hurt so often is directly related to the team being so reliant on their young guys. Meanwhile, Seguin is well-protected behind the rest of Boston's lineup. He's played more games than Hall, but i can see him getting less money.

I like Florida's rebuild better. More balanced. Markstrom, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Bjugstad, Huberdeau.

Honestly, if the Canuck's re-sign Edler. I could see Edler knocking Hall out for the rest of the year.(s)

Kid needs to keep his head up. Doesn't deserve this contract, but oh well. Snow is no longer the worst GM in the league. That title should go to Tamby.

Of course Tamby will have to make some trades. It's inevitable.

The real problem isn't cap-related, but icetime-related. There's only so much of it to go around and Tamby will need to make some trades to balance out his team a bit. Esp. when their 'big-4' all play a similar style game. ie. They all tend to get hurt and none of them are exceptional at defense, but more importantly, they'll all need top, sheltered icetime.

imo All those guys being hurt so often is directly related to the team being so reliant on their young guys. Meanwhile, Seguin is well-protected behind the rest of Boston's lineup. He's played more games than Hall, but i can see him getting less money.

I like Florida's rebuild better. More balanced. Markstrom, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Bjugstad, Huberdeau.

Not at all.

This is the type of guy you lock up for a long time when you can. $6m for 7 years is nothing for a highly touted 1st overall pick who has game breaking ability. Expect Eberle to get somewhere in that ballpark, and then I fully expect to see RNH get around 6.5-7 in a couple of years if he keeps developing.

Archived