Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Alex vs Alex

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Alex would you take (211 member(s) have cast votes)

If you could only sign one "Alex" due to the cap, which Alex do you sign?

1. Alex Burrows (92 votes [43.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.60%

2. Alex Edler (119 votes [56.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 tpurewal97

tpurewal97

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqnNkUbAk
My loyalty lies here

Its a wonderful day for exersicm ! HAHAH :towel:

#62 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

I choose Burrows over Edler because if Edler doesn't sign, Ballard can step right in. If Burrows doesn't sign, our top 6 is done, simple as that; and Burrows is much more consistent than Edler.

I says: " PAAAAARDON?!"

#63 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

My loyalty lies here

This. Sorry to Edler but I gotta side with Mr. Clutch

#64 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'll risk getting a warning from a mod over this.

You have the intelligence of a garden tool.

Exaggeration you doorknob. :picard:

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#65 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

i chose burrows
edler is the better player but he would also bring a much higher return on the trade market and i would say burrows is the heart and soul of the vancouver canucks
GOD BE PRAISED

#66 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Prefer Edler. Way younger and good dmen are harder to come by. Love Burrows, but he would be easier to replace. On the other hand, the post above me is right about trade value. I suspect that Burrows is far more valuable to the 'Nucks than any other team. Would rather keep them both.

#67 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,348 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

My loyalty lies here

But, can Burrows do this?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#68 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Made a big list of the pros/cons of trading each of them. Had to go with Edler in the end, but the one thing that really stood out was it would be absolutely infuriating to play against Burrows. That scares me more then a little.

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#69 The Purple Panda

The Purple Panda

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Just trade Luongo and sign em both!

Jensen > Kassian
Gillis dropped the ball on the Hodgson trade.
If Kassian ever becomes a 30 goal scorer I will pierce my nipples.

#70 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

He's the fire for our team. He is the perfect teammate the Sedin's have ever had. When the 2nd lines not doing well, he goes on their and makes them click. If the 3rd lines not doing well, he'll make them click too. Phenomenal penalty killer, agitator, scorer, and he's got the best go-to penalty shot move in the NHL. Guys a key part to the team in the locker room / always cheers guys up, and he always gives it his 100%.

I choose Burrows over Edler because if Edler doesn't sign, Ballard can step right in. If Burrows doesn't sign, our top 6 is done, simple as that; and Burrows is much more consistent than Edler.

Would've expected this from someone whose name has "Sedin" in it :P
To be honest though,

Eddie because even though burr is great we have good depth on forwards (of course we could be better). I don't see great depth on defence, alberts is o.k for a 7th man but not for full time duties (assuming we dont sign/trade for a defence)

I also disagree with your argument that Ballard can "step right in" while "the top 6 is done" if Burr doesn't re-sign. Burr and the Twins can both survive without playing with each other but as mentioned at least part of his success has to be attributed to the Sedinery that his linemates conjure game in, game out. Matter of fact is, the Twins can make anyone become a scorer (Anson Carter ring a bell?) and while Burr is solid there are many other contributors up front who can at least alleviate some of the loss. Unless Eddie gets traded for another D-man (wouldn't mind Kulikov) I'll have to say keep him over Burr (Love them both though!).

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.