99 replies to this topic

#91 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

I see your couple of links one of which referenced a far healthier country than ours and raise you 18,999,998:

http://www.google.ca...iw=1067&bih=733

we live in the USA???

US life expectancy over a 20-year period, 1987-2007, continued to rise in absolute terms, up 4.3 years for men and 2.4 years for women, in large part because of declining rates of smoking and improvements in medical technology. But the United States lagged behind other industrialized countries, falling from 20th in the world in terms of life expectancy in 1987 to 37th in 2007.

#92 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

that video is about Nitrogen and phosphorous from fertilizer not about pesticides and the water in those areas eventually return to normal....

You are right it as about the fert not the pesticides. Although other recent studies are showing the level of the pesticide are also causing deaths on a measurable scale as well. The fact it returns to normal means nothing . It just happens now a few times a year during the rainy season where ever there is a major watershed that drains into the ocean. A little off topic ...back to the discussion :)

Edited by vanfan73, 06 September 2012 - 12:43 PM.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#93 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

we live in the USA???

I thought you were done?

FYI generic google search will yield results for everywhere including the US.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#94 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

You are right it as about the fert not he pesticides. Although other recent studies are showing the level of the pesticide are also causing deaths on a measurable scale as well. The fact it returns to normal means nothing . It just happens now a few times a year during the rainy season where ever there is a major watershed that drains into the ocean. A little off topic ...back to the discussion :)

Chemical fertilizers are just as bad as pesticides regardless.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#95 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Life expectancy really has nothing to do with pesticides helping us rather than medical science and the world actually regulating deadly pesticides to increase life expectancy free of mutation and disease as a result of ingesting these horrible toxins.

Edited by vanfan73, 06 September 2012 - 12:38 PM.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#96 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

I thought you were done?

FYI generic google search will yield results for everywhere including the US.

I already gave a link last page, all you have to do is click "Canada".. it easily refutes your assertion, verbatim, that parents are expected to outlive their children.

I also notice in your Google search you made sure to put in "decline", showing that you clearly had an interest only in looking for what you wanted to read that complied with your pre-existing belief, not looking for actual answers. This is just awful attempts at propaganda.

Edited by zaibatsu, 06 September 2012 - 12:39 PM.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#97 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

I already gave a link last page, all you have to do is click "Canada".. it easily refutes your assertion, verbatim, that parents are expected to outlive their children.

I also notice in your Google search you made sure to put in "decline", showing that you clearly had an interest only in looking for what you wanted to read that complied with your pre-existing belief, not looking for actual answers. This is just awful attempts at propaganda.

Regardless of who is right, (and we can both post links until we're blue ion the face, nevermind that none of your links appear to look past the present - "clicking Canada" only showed data to 2009) average life expectancy is clearly not not the only reason to use natural products. Also every article you posted mentions that any gains being made are solely due to medical science. Not diet. Imagine how long we could be living if we had healthier farming/food practices!

Edited by J.R., 06 September 2012 - 12:59 PM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#98 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

DP

Edited by J.R., 06 September 2012 - 12:59 PM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#99 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

buying organic is a total waste.

Posted Image

#100 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

So no one...organic supporter, or conventional (pesticide) supporter, knows what chemicals are used as the main ingredient for pesticides? How about Wine? What do they use on them grapes?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.