The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks get MacKinnon 1st overall or No Lockout.

WHL rocks

You clearly failed math or are just making the assumption that I'm 14. I will actually be 30 in roughly 10 years. I never said 30 is old; however, it is old for a hockey player. It's like a mid 50's or early 60's in the workforce that most of us are familiar with. It's relative age that is old, not the absolute age.

There's no way we would be so lucky at to "win" the #1 overall pick. The league wouldn't have it! As with the Crosby draft, it would be pre determined who would pick #1 before all the shenanigans on TV. The Penguins were a struggling franchise on their way out of Pitts so the league took it in to their own hands to save them by giving them Crosby. You better believe the same thing would happen next year and some team on the outs would get the 1st pick, not some team from Canada.

You clearly failed math or are just making the assumption that I'm 14. I will actually be 30 in roughly 10 years. I never said 30 is old; however, it is old for a hockey player. It's like a mid 50's or early 60's in the workforce that most of us are familiar with. It's relative age that is old, not the absolute age.

we're not like the Penguins. They need a superstar to get their team going again. We have a solid team, we don't necessarily need a superstar. Of course it would be nice to get a good solid draft pick but a year without hockey is a tough one. The last lock-out wasn't too bad as at the time I had just moved and I had a lot going on. This time around it will be a lot harder. But I am willing to wait if it means this ridiculous contract's get sorted. Hopefully with this extra time they will spend they will get it right, and maybe just maybe next time the CBA is set to expire they will begin talks a year before not 3 months....

There's no way we would be so lucky at to "win" the #1 overall pick. The league wouldn't have it! As with the Crosby draft, it would be pre determined who would pick #1 before all the shenanigans on TV. The Penguins were a struggling franchise on their way out of Pitts so the league took it in to their own hands to save them by giving them Crosby. You better believe the same thing would happen next year and some team on the outs would get the 1st pick, not some team from Canada.

Archived