Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Men everywhere cringe, bacon shortage looming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
116 replies to this topic

#91 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Just in case it comes to desperate measures, my cousin is looking at doing a turducken dinner at his restaurant in Langley. Last Monday of October I think, I've got the link to their website in my sig and he posted the news of the turducken on their FB page. If bacon fails us, the best possible alternative in poultry is a close second.

The menu looks pretty good as is, adding 'Turducken' would be a mistake. You can't spell Turducken without turd.

Any chance Chris will give CDC members a discount on dinner for two or more? Ask him! ;)

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#92 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,048 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#93 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

TM, if you're around....it looks like it's bacon sandwiches for me again tonight.

I'll have to workout before and after dinner tonight I think. This thread has thrown my summer of healthy eating out the window. :mad:

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#94 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I wonder how badly EpicMealTime will react to this.

Posted Image

tbh I ate enough bacon over the summer to last me a while, I don't normally eat that much

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#95 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

after eating bacon I usually feel like I've over done it at McD'S
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#96 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

TM, if you're around....it looks like it's bacon sandwiches for me again tonight.

I'll have to workout before and after dinner tonight I think. This thread has thrown my summer of healthy eating out the window. :mad:

While you're eating bacon I'll be watching Madonna shake her unnaturally hot granny body while lip synching out the hits. I don't think bacon sammies would be a good idea.

On another note, of the subject of things maybe never properly considered..... pork shawarma. I had a thought of it and now I want it.... woe is me.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#97 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

You mean, fatasses everywhere cringe, eat a salad
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#98 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,119 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

You mean, fatasses everywhere cringe, eat a salad

I am Man, hear me belch.

Posted Image

Edited by theminister, 29 September 2012 - 01:52 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#99 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,048 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#100 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

While you're eating bacon I'll be watching Madonna shake her unnaturally hot granny body while lip synching out the hits. I don't think bacon sammies would be a good idea.

On another note, of the subject of things maybe never properly considered..... pork shawarma. I had a thought of it and now I want it.... woe is me.

So no gristle whilst watching the geriatricaly chiseled and grizzled?

I figured by pleasing one of your senses you could lessen the pain of the others.

Pork shwarma eh? Not a bad idea at all. Very delicious and blasphemous, two of my favorite meal characteristics.

#101 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,048 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#102 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

tbh I ate enough bacon over the summer to last me a while, I don't normally eat that much

lol eating bacon now

#103 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,819 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

The menu looks pretty good as is, adding 'Turducken' would be a mistake. You can't spell Turducken without turd.

Any chance Chris will give CDC members a discount on dinner for two or more? Ask him! ;)

Haha, it'd never hurt!

I think what he's doing though is just a one night, set course meal for the turducken. Everyone would get served like it's the family sitting around one big table, so it's not like you show up at 8 and other show up at 9 and some other people get there at 7.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#104 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Just made breakfast for (late) dinner. Bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns...

Thx for the inspiration CDC... :sadno:
Posted Image

#105 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 29 September 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#106 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I had one yesterday!!!! Saw the commercial on TV and went to Triple O's immediately afterward. :bigblush: They are surprisingly delicious...not something you'd want to eat on a regular basis though.

I imagine one of those fills up your required caloric intake for the day.
Posted Image

#107 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Just made breakfast for (late) dinner. Bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns...

Thx for the inspiration CDC... :sadno:

Brinner!

#108 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Bacon fused with Pancakes.

Posted Image

#109 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#110 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

I really have to stay away from this thread...

#111 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I really have to stay away from this thread...

Haha, damn. I'm getting hungry too! Even though I just ate something minutes ago.....

307mg00.jpg

#112 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

Oh my lanta.

/=S=/

#113 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,982 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Whats with the gun at the breakfast table?

I think we have a bigger problem. Zombie PIGS!!!!

COQUILLE, Ore. - Authorities are investigating how a U.S. farmer was eaten by his hogs.
Terry Vance Garner, 69, never returned after he set out to feed his animals last Wednesday on his Oregon farm, the Coos County district attorney said Monday.
A family member found Garner's dentures and pieces of his body in the hog enclosure several hours later, but most of his remains had been consumed, District Attorney Paul Frasier said. Several of the hogs weighed 700 pounds (318 kilograms) or more.
It's possible Garner had a medical emergency, such as a heart attack, or was knocked over by the animals, then killed and eaten, Frasier said, adding that at least one hog had previously bitten Garner.
The possibility of foul play is being investigated as well.
"For all we know, it was a horrific accident, but it's so doggone weird that we have to look at all possibilities," Frasier told The Register-Guard newspaper.
A pathologist was unable to identify a cause or manner of death, the newspaper reported. The remains will be examined by a forensic anthropologist at the University of Oregon.
Terry Garner was "a good-hearted guy" who cared for several huge adult sows and a boar named Teddy, said his brother, Michael Garner, 75, of Myrtle Point.
"Those animals were his life," Michael Garner said. "He had all kinds of birds, and turkeys that ran all over the place. Everybody knew him."
Domestic hogs are not typically known to be as aggressive as their feral cousins, but "there is some degree of danger associated with any animal," John Killefer, who heads the Animal and Rangeland Sciences Department at Oregon State University in Corvallis, told the newspaper.
While pigs "are more omnivorous than other farm animals, (such as) cows," Killefer called the case highly unusual.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#114 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

COQUILLE, Ore. - Authorities are investigating how a U.S. farmer was eaten by his hogs.
Terry Vance Garner, 69, never returned after he set out to feed his animals last Wednesday on his Oregon farm, the Coos County district attorney said Monday.
A family member found Garner's dentures and pieces of his body in the hog enclosure several hours later, but most of his remains had been consumed, District Attorney Paul Frasier said. Several of the hogs weighed 700 pounds (318 kilograms) or more.
It's possible Garner had a medical emergency, such as a heart attack, or was knocked over by the animals, then killed and eaten, Frasier said, adding that at least one hog had previously bitten Garner.
"For all we know, it was a horrific accident, but it's so doggone weird that we have to look at all possibilities," Frasier told The Register-Guard newspaper.
A pathologist was unable to identify a cause or manner of death, the newspaper reported. The remains will be examined by a forensic anthropologist at the University of Oregon.
Terry Garner was "a good-hearted guy" who cared for several huge adult sows and a boar named Teddy, said his brother, Michael Garner, 75, of Myrtle Point.
"Those animals were his life," Michael Garner said. "He had all kinds of birds, and turkeys that ran all over the place. Everybody knew him."
Domestic hogs are not typically known to be as aggressive as their feral cousins, but "there is some degree of danger associated with any animal," John Killefer, who heads the Animal and Rangeland Sciences Department at Oregon State University in Corvallis, told the newspaper.
While pigs "are more omnivorous than other farm animals, (such as) cows," Killefer called the case highly unusual.

#115 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,047 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Bacon fused with Pancakes.

Even better... crumbled and grilled IN waffles
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#116 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Because after you eat all that bacon you either die of cardiac issues, or you do it quickly and painlessly.

Also...I read that story on Sympatico this morning...I suddenly do not feel all that bad about eating pigs.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 02 October 2012 - 02:51 PM.

/=S=/

#117 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

ate bacon the last three days running lol

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.