Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Value Of] Jaden Schwartz

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

How much do you guys think it would take to get Schwartz out of St.Louis? He's a promising young player, who could add some youth to our line-up as well as skill. I don't think an overpayment would be necessary considering St.Louis looks ready to make a playoff push and some experience could prove useful.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...rs/bio/?id=7940
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#2 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Edler or Kesler to start.
Posted Image

#3 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Edler or Kesler to start.

I think you may be overvaluing him a tad.

/=S=/

#4 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Yes, but for St.louis to trade him it will have to be an overpay.
Posted Image

#5 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Nope, They'll want a huge ransom not to mention, Schwartz is gonna be a stud. Definitely Eddie or Kes to start

Edited by Pekka Rinne, 01 October 2012 - 11:18 AM.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

More than he's worth.
Him, Rattie, and Tarasenko are going to be the future of that team offensively.

Jagermeister.jpg

#7 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

St.Louis would love to have Edler to play with Pietrangelo.

#8 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Edler- 26 yrs old, 50 point player, coming into his prime, on a team like St. Louis he could put up 60 points. He has more playoff experience than all of their d men combined and u think he is a starting point for a guy who hasn't played a full season in the NHL, and it's not like he is projected to be the next Crosby either. Wowsers

#9 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Edler- 26 yrs old, 50 point player, coming into his prime, on a team like St. Louis he could put up 60 points. He has more playoff experience than all of their d men combined and u think he is a starting point for a guy who hasn't played a full season in the NHL, and it's not like he is projected to be the next Crosby either. Wowsers

He's expected to be a dynamic first line forward that can play center or wing. That's gonna cost a lot to get rid of

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#10 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

It will cost too much. It won't be worth it, even though Schwartz is going to be a great player.
Posted Image

#11 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,960 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

St. Louis will want a pretty penny for Schwartz. So something like Edler + Booth + 1st to get the talks started.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#12 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'd pay Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd. Probably overpayment by us. :)

hL9YqYN.jpg

#13 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Why make these posts? I understand the thought process but you won't get a good gauge of anything. It's the same answer every time. Every non-Canuck prospect is worth their weight in gold according to CDC.

#14 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Doubt it. That team wins by committee. They have no super stars, no real offensive threats like the Canucks have. Edler would be one of their leading point getters, that's how bad the Blues are.
Posted Image

#15 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

The blues are bad? How bad you ask??
They almost won the presidents trophy...
Terrible

Doubt it. That team wins by committee. They have no super stars, no real offensive threats like the Canucks have. Edler would be one of their leading point getters, that's how bad the Blues are.

#16 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Offensively speaking, of course. They are bad. They suck.
Posted Image

#17 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Offensively speaking, of course. They are bad. They suck.

I wouldn't say they suck. I see what you're saying though, they don't have top high scorers on their team. They play a tight defensive system and score just enough to win. They also have some great offensive prospects coming up in Tarasenko, Schwartz and Rattie.

Edler wouldn't get 60 points playing with them in their system, he would probably get around 40-45, which would still be one of the highest scorers on their team.

Edited by Bang Bang Boogie, 02 October 2012 - 04:27 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

It will be a huge overpayment to get him to move anywhere.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#19 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

St. Louis really has no reason to trade him unless we offer them Edler (the first line d-man they want)

SO we will definitely have to overpay in order to get Schwartz

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#20 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

The question should be, what does he bring to the table, in particular for this team, that it would be worth bringing him over? What about his game (or anyone else who's proposed for) makes it so necessary to break the team chemistry apart (and the bank) just to incorporate him into the team? (i.e. why would management want him? His perceived value on the market may be high but would the cost be justified by the team's demand for him? This would be similar to the Cody for Zack deal last deadline-- that was to fill a need (scoring for a PF who was perceived to be ready to step in and contribute), and with the tight cap space and limited assets the cost for this team would be very high since so many pieces are already basically locked into the roster)

Would he be the 3rd line center? (The team's perceived needs should be topped by the category "size", and Jaden's only 5'9")
The team should already have enough smaller, skilled guys. I don't think that he would really be necessary to acquire esp. if guys like Kassian, Jensen (big guys with skill) and Schroeder (young gun, maybe not at Jaden's skill level but he's no slouch either) make the team down the road in the near future.

Vancouver's cap management is very stringent (with guys like Gilman running the show he wouldn't sell value contracts like Kesler just for a Schwartz,and the Blues have a glut of skilled forwards themselves; I would also only trade Edler for another young defenseman in a hockey trade), the depth on Vancouver's team honestly isn't very good (not helped by mediocre draft records and the fact that a certain player in #9 was traded), and so unless Jaden is the next coming of the franchise's elite scoring forward I would not let those two (Kes or Eddie) go just to bring back a hot-shot prospect.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.