The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

that's kinda why i love smackdown right now. SD right now is like how it was in 2009, when i came back to wwe after not watching for 3 years, it was simple programming. the miz has always been great in the role he was given, but this thing they've been doing with him lately is really elevating his character and he isn't a case of "the title making the guy" but miz has been probably the best IC champion since... who the hell held the title in 1998. the rock

the miz right now exemplifies what the IC title was all about back in the day; hard work. also loved the little dig they did out of that promo to the "smart fans" who question wwe guys having "one style" and he answered it right there

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

MrFuji_1920x1080--ea1cd1ebcb66904eba7bb3df94f30ebd.jpg

WWE Hall of Famer Mr. Fuji passes away

WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Hall of Famer Harry Fujiwara, known to WWE fans as Mr. Fuji, passed away this morning at the age of 82.

Fuji spent more than 30 years entertaining fans worldwide as both an in-ring competitor and one of WWE’s greatest managers. A five-time WWE World Tag Team Champion, Fuji was infamous for keeping small bags of salt in his tights which he would throw into his opponents’ eyes.

After retiring from the ring, Fuji managed a litany of WWE’s most feared Superstars, such as George “The Animal” Steele, Kamala, Killer Khan, Demolition, The Powers of Pain, Yokozuna and most notably, “Magnificent” Don Muraco.

With Muraco, Fuji treated WWE fans to the classic Fuji Vice, Fuji General, Fuji Bandito and Fuji Chan series. These series were ahead of their time because spoofing successful television shows as they tried to break into Hollywood was the epitome of sports-entertainment.

His career will be remembered by different generations for different reasons but Mr. Fuji, whether as a Superstar or manager, is one of the most entertaining performers in the history of WWE.

WWE extends its condolences to Fujiwara’s family, friends and fans.

----

Another one of the greats from my childhood is gone.

Edited by Mikey2Dope

3 hours ago, lethunder said:

Pretty sweet ending. You knew it wasn't going to Big Cass but I didn't think Owens was going to win. Thought for sure it would be one of Reigns or Rollins. Glad it wasn't. Fresh meat!

Wonder what this will mean for Owens and Jericho?

It.

• Upvote 2

Didn't like the ending much. Managed to somehow deflate a kevin owens world title win for me. He didn't even hit his finisher, lol.

Mainly deflating because all I could think about was the authority being back. Hopefully his reign isn't like Jericho's and Rollins' in the past, where they played third fiddle to HHH and Steph.

The authority really, really, needs to go away. HHH is one thing, but the last thing Raw needed was more Steph, lol.

At least his appearance wasn't predictable. And at least Rollins is also a face now. And at least he can stop using the atupid pedigree as his finisher. There's a lot of wins here too.

I'm just always salty about overbooked endings. I think one that was as overbearing as this, with the context it has, makes it hard for me to get exited.

Hopefully Owens himself doesn't let himself get passed around like a pawn in a story that isn't his.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:10 AM, g_bassi13 said:

Didn't like the ending much. Managed to somehow deflate a kevin owens world title win for me. He didn't even hit his finisher, lol.

Mainly deflating because all I could think about was the authority being back. Hopefully his reign isn't like Jericho's and Rollins' in the past, where they played third fiddle to HHH and Steph.

The authority really, really, needs to go away. HHH is one thing, but the last thing Raw needed was more Steph, lol.

At least his appearance wasn't predictable. And at least Rollins is also a face now. And at least he can stop using the atupid pedigree as his finisher. There's a lot of wins here too.

I'm just always salty about overbooked endings. I think one that was as overbearing as this, with the context it has, makes it hard for me to get exited.

Hopefully Owens himself doesn't let himself get passed around like a pawn in a story that isn't his.

Honestly, based on the way HHH came in and took care of things and the way that Steph and Mick were like "WTF bro?!", I think its alot more likely we see Triple HHH doing something new here(Hunter V Mick/Steph Feud?). Personally, I'm hoping for a new NXT-driven Evolution style group with Owens and HHH as the base; Perhaps they bring up some pairing of Dillinger, Aries, Joe, Roode or The Revival and then cap it off with a new Orton-Esque like Prospect(Patrick Clark comes to mind, but he may still be too green for this)

22 hours ago, Madness said:

In two weeks time it's quite possible the two world champions in WWE will be Kevin Steen and AJ Styles. Who would have thought this a few years ago. 

Not in a million years would I have predicted that.

On 8/30/2016 at 4:44 PM, Madness said:

In two weeks time it's quite possible the two world champions in WWE will be Kevin Steen and AJ Styles. Who would have thought this a few years ago. 

if we're going by balor's shoulder injury wwe says, then it'll be balor/styles at mania, with balor winning the the rumble/title. if wwe's banking on balor returning at the rumble, or if they do a fast lane thing, owens is a placeholder for balor. but if balor's injury is as bad as itami's was, then we could see owens/styles at wrestlemania, but that's probably not what wwe wants

19 hours ago, Madness said:

NXT Takeover Toronto announced for the night before Survivor Series.

I'm definitely getting tickets. Already have tickets to survivor series here but I don't want to miss a takeover event.

glad canada is getting another event. sad vancouver has never gotten consideration, since we're holding ufc events here now, apparently

Edited by Twilight Sparkle