The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Please. All of my stuff is backed-up perfectly fine with stats or logic. Aren't you the guy that said that Dan Hamhuis "puts up as many points as Phaneuf" - except that he never has, once?

Regarding Edmonton "stealing" Luongo from us for Paajarvi, again, I ask if you'd trade Kassian for Lecavalier. Would you do it? Really not much different.

Its amazing how people choose to waste their time arguing with you. No, Kassian for Lecavalier is not the same as Luongo for Paajarvi. One is an elite goalie for a prospect that is not living up to his top 10 pick, the other is a promising, young power forward for a center with a much worse contract than Luongo's. And no I would never do that trade.

Hey, and also just out of curiosity. If the Canucks and our players are so bad then why did we manage to win the presidents trophy 2 years in a row? ( including a trip to the finals in one year. )

Meanwhile all these other players who you claim great like dubnyk mps and phaneuf were all a part of teams who were out of the playoffs for good portions on the season...

Its amazing how people choose to waste their time arguing with you. No, Kassian for Lecavalier is not the same as Luongo for Paajarvi. One is an elite goalie for a prospect that is not living up to his top 10 pick, the other is a promising, young power forward for a center with a much worse contract than Luongo's. And no I would never do that trade.

Sensible people understand those trades are not alike at all, and it only gets worse if you add Ballard unless cap is a significant issue. Sensible people also realize King isn't going to change his mind no matter how many facts and reasonable statements are presented, so there should be a point we just all ignore his posts.

So Phaneuf sucks because the team that he's on sucks - is that what you're saying?

This was a dominant player on the Calgary Flames from the day that he started his NHL career, and who was inexplicably traded to Toronto. In what direction have the Flames gone in since that trade? Right. They were slumping, Sutter panicked, and made an awful, franchise-killing move. They should've been a contender that year. And they've been a total mess since that very day.

Not Dion's fault that he was traded to an inept team.

I don't post on this board much. The main reason?

People Like King of E(verything) S(tupid). Can you people not see that his opinion means everything to him. There is no logic, no reasoning, no material fact that can't be twisted to suit his all important opinion.

His insecurity leaps off the page and clouds any potential for rational judgement or reasoning.

He can't be objective. There is no perspective except his own. It's not possible. Please stop feeding his insecurity and let the professionals do their job. Maybe then these posts won't get hijacked into the world according to King of E(go) S(entric). Man I'm tired of the drivel.

PS: I know sentric is spelled centric. (Thanks King)

Thank you

Please. All of my stuff is backed-up perfectly fine with stats or logic. Aren't you the guy that said that Dan Hamhuis "puts up as many points as Phaneuf" - except that he never has, once?

Regarding Edmonton "stealing" Luongo from us for Paajarvi, again, I ask if you'd trade Kassian for Lecavalier. Would you do it? Really not much different.

:picard: Surely you can name at least 20 men you would rather have than Pheneuf. He gets points but his defensive skill and overall hockey IQ are shockingly poor.

Daughty

Weber

Chara

Suter

Pietroangelo

Letang

Karlsson

Keith

Seabrook

Campbell

Boyle

Yandle