29 replies to this topic

#1 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

So a friend of mine was parked and found after her car was struck sometime while she was away. According to her the scene was a quiet dark-lit area. Obviously a very upsetting situation since its a brand new car.

I have already instructed her to file a hit & run report with VPD.

From the picture it seems to be considerable damage. Front right side impacted so I'm assuming there's some knuckle head out there with front left side damage in Vancouver somewhere...

Edited by Special Ed, 10 October 2012 - 09:32 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#2 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the story?
Posted Image

#3 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the story?

Was hoping to hear something with a little more substance. If you don't like it don't waste your time and post in this thread? If anyone else has any experience with this feel free to pass it along. I'm sure this has happened to a few people out there.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#4 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I.c.b.c will fix the damage,but the crappy thing is you have to disclose amount of damage if you ever want to sell the vehicle.Unless you have a witness that can place someone in the vehicle that hit your friend good luck pressing charges.They were probably drunk.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#5 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

POPULAR

Was hoping to hear something with a little more substance. If you don't like it don't waste your time and post in this thread? If anyone else has any experience with this feel free to pass it along. I'm sure this has happened to a few people out there.

You didnt ask for anything.... You just said what happened.

If you are looking for help or insight.... Then at the very least ask for it
Posted Image

#6 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

http://www.icbc.com/...lan/hit-run.pdf

In short:

1. Call VPD, file a report.
2. Call Dial a Claim, file a report.
3. Check for parts from his car on the ground
4. Talk to neighbors, see if the saw anything

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 10 October 2012 - 10:23 PM.

13yl1g7.jpg

#7 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Probably those damn out-of-towners who shouldn't be allowed downtown ...

#8 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

http://www.icbc.com/...lan/hit-run.pdf

In short:

1. Call VPD, file a report.
2. Call Dial a Claim, file a report.
3. Check for parts from his car on the ground
4. Talk to neighbors, see if the saw anything

Yup perfect thanks.

#9 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

I thought this would be about a person vs. a car, rather than a pair of vehicles.

Slightly disappointed.

EDIT: Excuse me for any cruelty, but I only stated what everyone is thinking.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 10 October 2012 - 10:29 PM.

/=S=/

#10 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

If her car was parked at home on the side of the road, the other vehicle could be local. Might be an idea to walk around the area to see, or drive up and down the local streets.

13yl1g7.jpg

#11 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Someone backed into it. Just a hunch but try the cab and limo companies.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#12 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Someone backed into it. Just a hunch but try the cab and limo companies.

I agree after thought backing into it seems logical. Keep that in mind. I'm going to conduct an investigation. Always wanted to be a detective :P

#13 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Me too, that's why I said I had a hunch. Mike Hammer always had a hunch. And a boxcar.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#14 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for the story?

Dick response.

Anyhow, to the OP, ICBC is probably going to offer her a 300 dollar hit and run coverage which she will have to pay, but F that guy.

I had an experience with a hit-and-run person and the person was right there when he did it. Only thing was that he denied wrongdoing after exchanging info with him. My only regret is not recording what he said at the scene - admitting guilt.

Some people are really dishonest outright.

Edited by Dazzle, 10 October 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#15 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Dick response.

Anyhow, to the OP, ICBC is probably going to offer her a 300 dollar hit and run coverage which she will have to pay, but F that guy.

I had an experience with a hit-and-run person and the person was right there when he did it. Only thing was that he denied wrongdoing after exchanging info with him. My only regret is not recording what he said at the scene - admitting guilt.

I have no idea how my response is being seen as not useful.

The OP actually didn't ask for ANY HELP - just said what happened to someone else.

Is it REALLY that hard to say - 'does anyone know the steps to have this fixed?'
Posted Image

#16 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Dick response.

Nope. His response was on the mark, since the OP didn't actually state that he was looking for help. He just threw out a random story and then followed up with a reply to said 'nice story' with a bewildering statement which lead me and perhaps Squeak to wonder what the whole point of the story was since he didn't explicitly ask for any assistance....which wouldn't make any sense anyways since he's already told his friend how to file a report.

Ironically, your response to Squeak about his response being a dick response, is what's dickish.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#17 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the story?

Nope. His response was on the mark, since the OP didn't actually state that he was looking for help. He just threw out a random story and then followed up with a reply to said 'nice story' with a bewildering statement which lead me and perhaps Squeak to wonder what the whole point of the story was since he didn't explicitly ask for any assistance....which wouldn't make any sense anyways since he's already told his friend how to file a report.

Ironically, your response to Squeak about his response being a dick response, is what's dickish.

+1 for Squeak and Sharp.

OP, if you want more substance, ask for it. You'd already said you'd recommended she file a report with VPD so I assume they would have told her the best course of action.

Your post didn't indicate whether you wanted to hear our stories or if you wanted a moral argument on why people would do such a thing or help finding out who did it. We can't read your mind over the internet so forgive Squeak for being confused as to why you posted this.

He could have gone well out of his way to be as kind as possible and ask what you were looking for by posting it, but don't be offended when you come to CDC and people don't know what you're asking for.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#18 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

You didnt ask for anything.... You just said what happened.

If you are looking for help or insight.... Then at the very least ask for it

My bad I thought most people were intelligent enough to figure that out on their own. I didn't really feel like getting into asking for questions and advice. I thought the topic alone would have brought in that discussion on the matter, without need to ask. Looks like some people managed to 'get it' without having their hands held. So that's good.

#19 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Every thread on here always seems to turn into a slagging match these days.

#20 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

+1 for Squeak and Sharp.

OP, if you want more substance, ask for it. You'd already said you'd recommended she file a report with VPD so I assume they would have told her the best course of action.

Your post didn't indicate whether you wanted to hear our stories or if you wanted a moral argument on why people would do such a thing or help finding out who did it. We can't read your mind over the internet so forgive Squeak for being confused as to why you posted this.

He could have gone well out of his way to be as kind as possible and ask what you were looking for by posting it, but don't be offended when you come to CDC and people don't know what you're asking for.

It's a thread with a statement. No questions. It was open for discussion I have no need to ask anything. I shouldn't have to hold people's hands and ask for substance. Post substance and my questions are easily answered without asking. Do OPs need to really ask for substance every time? If you're not posting substance then you're basically spamming and disrupting the topic. Or making a very weak attempt at comedy. Don't quit your day job in that case lol.

#21 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Back on topic, people. Back on topic!

#wannabemod

#22 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Every thread on here always seems to turn into a slagging match these days.

Vancouver has a lot of unhappy people. These people love to spread their misery around and try to drag you down with them. Fight it Scottish Canuck! Don't let the Debbie Downers get to you!

#23 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Dick response.

Definitions DICKISH

Wiktionary
  • adj. Used to describe someone who is offensively unpleasant and vexatious, either intentionally or obliviously so.
I did not find squeak's post to be unpleasant or vexatious .

but telling some one that they are a dick ?

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 11 October 2012 - 03:08 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#24 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,288 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wow. That was the most boring hit and run story i've read.

My buddy awhile back saw the guy who hit his car and he bolted into his car and chased the guy out of the parking lot and onto the freeway all the way until he got home, where he made him apologize and provide insurance info the correct way. No wait, he cut him off, forced him to crash and then murdered him. Well, the details change from day to day, depending on how many wobbly pops he had. Good guy though.
Posted Image

#25 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

We've sure solved alot so far.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#26 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Definitions DICKISH

Wiktionary

• adj. Used to describe someone who is offensively unpleasant and vexatious, either intentionally or obliviously so.
I did not find squeak's post to be unpleasant or vexatious .

but telling some one that they are a dick ?

Squeaks comment itself seemed more a brush aside that my story/thread was not very interesting. Yet interesting enough to post in still and then point out the 'obvious' lack of clarification. To me that could be a 'dick move' to disrupt someones thread over something you feel is 'obviously lacking' but not necessary. But you feel like telling someone else how you think it should be done anyway. Instead of simply letting the discussion unfold. The manner in which Squeak posted was to me openly disrespectful and in tandem with the classic 'cool story, bro'.

#27 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Well I got at least a couple insightful posts and I thank those who understood. The rest is typical CDC so I guess I will take the good with the bad. Cheers.

#28 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

My bad I thought most people were intelligent enough to figure that out on their own. I didn't really feel like getting into asking for questions and advice. I thought the topic alone would have brought in that discussion on the matter, without need to ask. Looks like some people managed to 'get it' without having their hands held. So that's good.

It's a thread with a statement. No questions. It was open for discussion I have no need to ask anything. I shouldn't have to hold people's hands and ask for substance. Post substance and my questions are easily answered without asking. Do OPs need to really ask for substance every time? If you're not posting substance then you're basically spamming and disrupting the topic. Or making a very weak attempt at comedy. Don't quit your day job in that case lol.

Squeaks comment itself seemed more a brush aside that my story/thread was not very interesting. Yet interesting enough to post in still and then point out the 'obvious' lack of clarification. To me that could be a 'dick move' to disrupt someones thread over something you feel is 'obviously lacking' but not necessary. But you feel like telling someone else how you think it should be done anyway. Instead of simply letting the discussion unfold. The manner in which Squeak posted was to me openly disrespectful and in tandem with the classic 'cool story, bro'.

I am just baffled - you have made three lengthy posts in the attempt to defend the fact that you didn't ask for help. Which would have taken one sentence.

This has nothing to do with intelligence --- this has to with the fact, that you didn't do the basic and logical thing. Which is provide information, and THEN ASK FOR HELP.

If was being a 'dick' I would've told you to use google - as the answer is READILY available online; and was already provided to you, by linking ICBC... which in my opinion, I would assume people were intelligent enough to look there first.

Lastly - I unfortunately hit a deer on HWY 3 this summer on my way to Penticton - I didn't come onto a forum and ask for what to do - I did the logical thing, and called ICBC, and asked them what I needed to do.

Edited by Squeak, 11 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

#29 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am just baffled - you have made three lengthy posts in the attempt to defend the fact that you didn't ask for help. Which would have taken one sentence.

This has nothing to do with intelligence --- this has to with the fact, that you didn't do the basic and logical thing. Which is provide information, and THEN ASK FOR HELP.

If was being a 'dick' I would've told you to use google - as the answer is READILY available online; and was already provided to you, by linking ICBC... which in my opinion, I would assume people were intelligent enough to look there first.

Lastly - I unfortunately hit a deer on HWY 3 this summer on my way to Penticton - I didn't come onto a forum and ask for what to do - I did the logical thing, and called ICBC, and asked them what I needed to do.

It's like the old saying, common sense is not so common.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#30 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

At least she wasn't in the car and/or driving at the time.

I was rear-ended in a hit and run in 2008 and am still suffering from a bulging disc that resulted from the collision.

Although I cannot prove it as the driver was not caught until the next day (I got his plates), I am quite certain he was heavily intoxicated.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.