The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you believe in ghosts?

Hunter56

Do you believe in ghosts?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People are scared of what happens when they die so they create fictional entities to make death more manageable or not so absolute.

It ranks right up there with aliens visiting us, bigfoot, loch ness, and so on, of ridiculous claims consistently made that rely entirely on word of mouth or social "experience" to stay afloat, completely lacking proof obviously, but the ghost thing has much more of a cult following.

Death is scary but I have far too much respect for myself than to feed myself this fiction to cope with the fact that I'm going to die and I have no idea what happens when I do. I just keep it in the realm of fun fiction, it seems more useful that way.

People are scared of what happens when they die so they create fictional entities to make death more manageable or not so absolute.

It ranks right up there with aliens visiting us, bigfoot, loch ness, and so on, of ridiculous claims consistently made that rely entirely on word of mouth or social "experience" to stay afloat, completely lacking proof obviously, but the ghost thing has much more of a cult following.

Death is scary but I have far too much respect for myself than to feed myself this fiction to cope with the fact that I'm going to die and I have no idea what happens when I do. I just keep it in the realm of fun fiction, it seems more useful that way.

This thread needs a poll.

As to OP question - I don't discount the possibility of ghosts, but I've never had (or even heard of) any experience that couldn't also be explained by leaky pipes or someone doing too much acid; does this mean ghosts don't exist? Absolutely not, like I said, I don't discount the possibility... still, like I also said, I've never heard of anything that doesn't have an alternate explanation .

Personally, I think your question would be best answered by an anthropologist.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio than are dreamt of in your philosophy....

I'm open minded if they exist. I'd like to see a haunting that is consistent that replicates itself. But perhaps spirits are of a type of energy that's not natural to our universe, and our normal laws of physics bend about them. After all we have string theory posing multiple dimensions, anything is possible.

This footage, if it's faked someone took a lot of time and effort and choreography to fake it.

I've had some unexplainable things happen at my Grandmothers old house in West Point Grey & that turned me into a believer. I get a kick out of watching Ghost Adventures but don't want to see this stuff happen to me in real life yeesh....

One time at night, I thought I saw the figure of a child (around 7 years old) underneath the dining room table. I was sitting on the floor and it was around 3am (I do weird things :lol:). I was 99% sure that it was just my eyes playing tricks on me since it was dark so I just sat there and stared at it for a few mins. I was about 2 feet away from it. I ended up just turning around and going back to what I was doing.

I've also had those experiences where you hear a really loud noise in the middle of the night. It's usually as if something heavy fell onto the carpet. It happened a few times this past summer and there was a crashing noise at one of my friend's house.

I dont believe in ghosts but I also cant deny it. It's like being agnostic... lol.

This thread needs a poll.

As to OP question - I don't discount the possibility of ghosts, but I've never had (or even heard of) any experience that couldn't also be explained by leaky pipes or someone doing too much acid; does this mean ghosts don't exist? Absolutely not, like I said, I don't discount the possibility... still, like I also said, I've never heard of anything that doesn't have an alternate explanation .

Personally, I think your question would be best answered by an anthropologist.

if i thought ghosts were possible, it would completely change my views on the world and how i live my life. it's incredible to me that some adults believe in ghosts because they heard a noise or saw something once when they were scared late at night.

if i thought ghosts were possible, it would completely change my views on the world and how i live my life. it's incredible to me that some adults believe in ghosts because they heard a noise or saw something once when they were scared late at night.

Archived