The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

listened to the whole Bettman Daly presser, I'm a bit confused on one part. Can someone clarify please.

Is entire make whole off the table or just what they was added to make whole this week?

He did say concept but he did not seem like he wanted to commit either way.

listened to the whole Bettman Daly presser, I'm a bit confused on one part. Can someone clarify please.

Is entire make whole off the table or just what they was added to make whole this week?

He did say concept but he did not seem like he wanted to commit either way.

No one person or group of people are bigger than the game. The players and owners need to be reminded of this.

Their profession and their businesses only exist because the fans allow them to exist. Without the fans, there is no NHL and there is no money.

Too many egos on both sides. The players seem to think that they are the game, and the owners seem to think that they are the NHL. If either of them had respect for the game or the NHL, they wouldn't be treating this so lightly. They're playing a dangerous game, which equal the end of the NHL altogether if they continue this.

Lets see... NFL till February, Walking Dead Returns in February...which takes me to start of the MLB season in april .... then mid summer the final 8 episodes of Breaking Bad are back so summer is awesomely full...then CFL starts up so thats cool, and world series post season starts in the fall, then Walking Dead is back again too and NFL is back.... sooooo NHL locks out the league? Thats ok, I lockout the NHL with far better things to watch thanks.. see you in.... hmmm 3 years, maybe, im busy!

The players have been anything but smart during this negotiation, so it's not surprising that the NHL is taking their ball and going home. Donald Fehr is a parasite and has done nothing but muck this process up.

I started out as a moderate but the more and more I dig into the process, the father I drift from the players' side. My respect for Bettman has gone up after this PC, even though I've never really liked the guy. I think most fans are starting to feel the same way:

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1303891

The players have been anything but smart during this negotiation, so it's not surprising that the NHL is taking their ball and going home. Donald Fehr is a parasite and has done nothing but muck this process up.

I started out as a moderate but the more and more I dig into the process, the father I drift from the players' side. My respect for Bettman has gone up after this PC, even though I've never really liked the guy. I think most fans are starting to feel the same way:

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1303891

Just to make myself clear why I say that, it is my understanding that the Commissioner's office is a direct response to having a PA on the other side. Prior to collective bargaining there was simply an NHL President, a very different office in it's function.

If the Union goes away then there is functionally no need for a Commissioner. There may be a President again but he would have much less power than the demigod Bettman there is now.

I think as well there is the very real possibility that if the season is cancelled the NHL may lose the rights to the Stanley Cup.

Damn, I wonder what could be causing this mass exodus. They seem to both agree on the critical issues, I have a tough time believing players are pushing for more on a make whole that the owners have generously conceded on. Contract length and variance limit are not worth the battle. Players have issues with a longer CBA ... why go through this again in your career?

Archived