The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Simple: Owners give on the cap and set at $65 million and players give on the length of contracts. Pensions shouldn't even be on the table. If these guys can't manage to put some of their millions away in RRSP's then too bad. Pensions are for us working class. Drop the puck!

I have hit the wall: i can not contain my optimism any longer. I know I might be opening myself up for a letdown but they are really so close.

If the players want 65m next season for the cap i think the owners should fold on that point. 150m is the cost of getting the deal signed...amortize that over 8 years and its a mere 625 thousand per team to chip in per year for the length of the CBA to cover that increase in costs for salaries next season. COMON we are now arguing over a Rory Fitzpatrick's worth of money per owner per year.

Another player leaving. From the Braehead Clan site.

"It's Miller Time

As you may be aware, Braehead Clan have been lucky enough to have NHL player and Detroit Red Wings star Drew Miller on the Clan Roster for the last few months, thanks to the NHL lockout. As talks around the table between NHL owners and the NHL Players Association continue, it looks like a resolution may be on the cards, and the NHL season will soon get underway.

Braehead Clan would like to thank Drew for joining us during the lockout period. It has been a pleasure to have him and his wife Coleen join the Clan and we are sure that both fans of the Clan and EIHL fans in general have enjoyed watching Drew ice for the Clan over the last few months."

Another player leaving. From the Braehead Clan site.

"It's Miller Time

As you may be aware, Braehead Clan have been lucky enough to have NHL player and Detroit Red Wings star Drew Miller on the Clan Roster for the last few months, thanks to the NHL lockout. As talks around the table between NHL owners and the NHL Players Association continue, it looks like a resolution may be on the cards, and the NHL season will soon get underway.

Braehead Clan would like to thank Drew for joining us during the lockout period. It has been a pleasure to have him and his wife Coleen join the Clan and we are sure that both fans of the Clan and EIHL fans in general have enjoyed watching Drew ice for the Clan over the last few months."

Archived