97 replies to this topic

#61 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I love the Canucks but this lockout is a joke on both the NHL and the NHLPA. So I'll watch NBA now.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#62 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

I have completely lost interest, football and baseball are more than filling the void for me.

the mlb playoffs this year have actually been more exciting than the stanley cup playoffs last year, and i'm not just saying that cause we got owned first round

Edited by Primus099, 27 October 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#63 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

No other sport gives me the same intense feeling or thrill. It's lame, and there's nothing we can do about it but wait it out and fill our time with other stuff...

#64 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

nothing will ever replace or deter me from canucks hockey
Posted Image

#65 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

The only thing I've missed is the hockey highlights late at night from TSN/The Score.

Honestly I lost interest once the pre-season games were cancelled. its not a big deal though if it comes back, great. If not. meh.

#66 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

I think of the youngsters, the boys and girls who live and love their hockey and I think how unfair it is to deprive them of the chance to watch their heroes on the ice.

It all appears to be a bit selfish to me for greed to play such a huge part in this Sport. I came to NHL Hockey relatively late but immediately got it on ESPN and then on NHL Gamecenter Live...........I was virtually watching hockey exclusively to the extent I stopped my Sky Sports Channels and watched hockey games every night.

Of course I miss it. I started up my Sky Sports again ......cost me $35 just to have it switched back on (Virgin....another shower of greedy b---ds) so I have Football, Rugby, Motor Sports, Boxing and the AHL to keep me going.

If the Season was started to-morrow I would have Gamecenter Live again before the first puck hit the ice.
Kevin.jpg

#67 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

I've most definitely lost interest in the negotiating process. I had been following it and checking TSN every day.

When the NHL starts playing games again, however, I will be as diehard a Canucks fan as I've ever been.

RIP LB RR PD

#68 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

Lots of my friend have been turned off, even those who were once the die hard fans since the last lockout have stopped watching.

Millionaires hashing it out with Billionaires when people are out of work, rates of pay dropping faster than the NHL fan base.

IT'S ALL ONE BIG JOKE.... BALLS

#69 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

No change. I'm not a big October hockey fan anyways. NHL doesn't get good until players start clicking on all cylinders which imo doesn't happen until mid November.

I'm loving the MLB playoffs, the NFL and UEFA Champions League right now.

I don't mind waiting until a right deal is signed which insures the financial health of the NHL for years to come. I'm tired of reading about NHL teams losing money and possible moves out of their respective cities.

I'll take short term lockout (even a year) for long term stability.

Almost every player in the league chastised Linden in '04/'05, for helping Goodenow negotiate the past CBA. Most of us were convinced that the NHLPA was crushed, but it turns out that Bettman and his band of merrymen were wrong, and now he wants to take the nets off the ice and go home. Stability? As long as Bettman is in charge, we're going to be going through with this in 5 years from now, if and whenever a new deal is signed.
As for losing interest, I've never been a fan of NFL football, but its more than gotten my attention over the last few weeks. Going to my first game in Seattle was the turning point. Those fans are fanatics, and compared to the ones in the lower bowl in Rogers, is like apples and oranges.

#70 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

I certainly havn't lost interest in the game but I'm burned out on the NHL politics. I've been playing more hockey on the ice and street,my
six year old son has taken a strong interest in playing as well and we're currently getting him on the ice. We've been going to many more WHL games(Seattle) and also planning on heading up to Victoria to attend a Royals game or two with the family. When the NHL returns,I'll be there but I have made adjustments to life without it. It's also nice to take in a game with the family and not leave a burning hole in the wallet.

#71 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,882 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Posted Image

#72 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,882 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Lots of my friend have been turned off, even those who were once the die hard fans since the last lockout have stopped watching.

Millionaires hashing it out with Billionaires when people are out of work, rates of pay dropping faster than the NHL fan base.

Not really "die hard" then.

Labor disputes happen You simply find alternatives until it's over. Welcome to life.
Posted Image

#73 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

The fact that we have a good team to make another deep play-off run is more frustrating then anything. If our team was rebulding I don't think it would sting as much. The damage is done, if the players thought gowth is going to 7% for the next 6 years they are dead wrong. Not only are they going to lose salary this year but I don't think the NHL will be seeing record revenues next season they play.

If they lose a whole season I hope they lose 2 season and maybe have to fold a few teams as well. When hockey comes back I'll cheer for the Canucks as always but right now I don't think either side understands how well they have it.

#74 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I hear ya and have been watching the BC Lions. I have never really paid much attention to the NFL but have started tuning in more and more. I have seen some really great Green Bay games and am really starting to look for NFL games.
I just had Telus Optik installed so I have a lot of selection.
As far as hockey,there is always the AHL and NHL Playoff reruns. My hope is that the NHL and the NHLP sign at least a 10 year deal (and rendering Bettman redundant) so that we don't have to keep going through this. If the league screws the Canucks over by drastically lowering the cap, it will be one step out the door for me.

#75 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

If anything I want it more.

It isn't really turning me on right now, but once it's back I'll be right there, back to my old die-hard self.

Right now I'm ticked off with both sides.

When it eventually starts, I'll be wearing my Canuck's jersey and watching the games and cheering them on just a much as before.

Unfortunately, the NHL knows that there are fans like you and know they can keep the lockout going knowing you'll be back. The quote by Gary saying "They'll be back" was referring directly to you. That one sentence right there was enough to make me not want to come back. At least, not until he's been removed.

I can tell you that when NHL hockey returns I will only watch it on TV. No going to games and no merchandise purchases. This is the only thing I can think of that will hurt the NHL if all fans did this.

This is my attitude, too. I'm not buying anything NHL related, I have too sour of a taste in my mouth. Especially since the last lockout had ended with hopes of us seeing lower ticket and merchandise costs but did the opposite. Things will not get better for the fan, and I think we will be more alienated than ever before coming out of it.
Posted Image

#76 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

meh
I'd just as soon see the season cancelled and be spared another season of heartbreak.
the epic fail of 2011 followed by a first round exit after telling us that the exerience of the stanley cup run woud work to their advantage in 2012 was all a bit much.

Edited by winacup, 27 October 2012 - 11:18 AM.

Posted Image

#77 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,583 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

A sucker for punishment, I'll always be back. I don't travel, do many outings, etc. and sports are how I spend my leisure time when I'm not mountain biking, so I REALLY miss the games when they're yanked. With that, I still have football at the moment and have taken more interest in the Wolves, etc. than I normally would. But I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't going to jump right back in when it does come back.... (sorry?)

Posted Image

#78 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'll be 80% of the fan I used to be when hockey comes back I bet. I usually run a hockey pool and not sure if I'll be able to drum up enough interest this year. There was zero interest when I tried to run a draft at the end of September. Geocaching takes up much more of my leisure time now (which is a result of the lockout somewhat) and parenting taking up more time (heh, not a complaint), there will simply be less time for hockey. Oh well, apparently they don't need my $$$ that badly.

#79 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

meh
I'd just as soon see the season cancelled and be spared another season of heartbreak.
the epic fail of 2011 followed by a first round exit after telling us that the exerience of the stanley cup run woud work to their advantage in 2012 was all a bit much.

You know, no one's forcing you to watch when there isn't a lockout. Seems you could just pretend the season is cancelled every year and we'd all be better off.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#80 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,453 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

To be honest, yes I am.

307mg00.jpg

#81 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,692 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

You bet Geoff...

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#82 Rick Rypien

Rick Rypien

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I was the same till I went to the Giants game last night and realized how much I miss just watching hockey. It was sad.
Posted Image

#83 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd2_LKoTYKw&feature=related

thanks Baggins
I love Linda Ronstadt
" he really worked me over good
he was a credit to his gender"

ya just don't get good lyrics like that any more

#84 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

A sucker for punishment, I'll always be back. I don't travel, do many outings, etc. and sports are how I spend my leisure time when I'm not mountain biking, so I REALLY miss the games when they're yanked. With that, I still have football at the moment and have taken more interest in the Wolves, etc. than I normally would. But I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't going to jump right back in when it does come back.... (sorry?)

no need to be sorry. you've hit on the perfect definition of canucks fan.
Posted Image

#85 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

My Kamloops Blazers are the best hockey team in Canada right now!!

I'm out going to all the home games :towel:

it took years to build this team and now they are setting everything on fire

lucky for me the lock out has got my couch potato Canuck butt off the couch and into something just as special!!

as the saying goes..when one door closes another one opens!!

Go Blazers :towel:

#86 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I was the same till I went to the Giants game last night and realized how much I miss just watching hockey. It was sad.

it's not sad when your hometown team is 14 - 0 - 0 - 1

on the verge of breaking a franchise record for consecutive wins!!

Kamloops Blazers baby..sending a buzz through the south central interior :towel:

#87 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I know what you mean, I've gotten really into the NFL too now, I love the atmosphere of the games, also NBA season is starting on Tuesday!!! Miami vs Boston, that game is going to be mega intense! A lot of history between those two squads. Go Heat!

Edited by .Naslund, 28 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

Posted Image

#88 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Don't care anymore. Cancel the season. Let both sides lose out. Eff them.

I guess this is karma biting me in the ass for wishing an NBA lockout last season.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 28 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

#89 Mata10

Mata10

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

The lack of hockey has made me follow baseball for the first time in my life. Fortunately, I'm from San Francisco, so that was quite an exciting ride as the Giants just won the World Series!

That said, I don't have interest because there is nothing to currently be interested in. But I haven't lost my love for the team one bit! Once that puck drops again, whether it's in December or next year, I'll be right there rootin' for the Nucks.

Other sports are only temporary fixes. They all make me miss Canucks Hockey in the end.

#90 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Will always love the Nucks...the league on the other hand....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.