The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So When Do Guys From Team 1040 Etc. Start Getting Laid Off?

If they haven't been already...

To be honest, i haven't really been listening or reading these guys since there's no hockey, but whenever i do, it appears that they're still trying to appease us by coming up with random 'what if' talk about this and that Canucks-related. Nothing factual, of course. Just random blathering. Gotta fill the time. Literally. And since this is a hockey town, it is what it is.

But, without NHL hockey, there's obviously nothing much to talk about (or write about) for these people. Yes, it's not as bad as calling yourself 'the hockey news' for Team 1040 per se, but without the Canucks, they're still trying to scramble to come up with anything Canucks to talk and write about. That probably cannot last as long as the lockout may last. (or can it?)

So when does push come to shove and they start getting laid off?

My prediction is come Jan. 1st if hockey isn't going, then we may see some real rollbacks for all Candian hockey media outlets.

My only hope is they gas the Moj, which would be ironic as he is the only guy who knows nothing about hockey, other than calling hockey players by their nicknames as if he knew them as life long buds. That being said, Whitecaps are pretty popular and are heading into a playoff game tomorrow. Lions seem to be doing pretty good. NFL is big around here. And for some reason people still like the NBA. There is also the AHL, Junior hockey, multitude of other hockey leagues. It is a sports station and unless they change the format they have plenty to talk about besides the Canucks. You are only P.O'd as there is no forum for you to take your post count up with general dribble.

I literally haven't tuned in for months, other than a couple times on 1410 for the Lions post game show. It's a combination of no hockey talk and the fact I find their programs have gone down hill ever since the station personnel shuffle when Pratt was let go.

Considering they have two sports stations 1410 and 1040, they could always change the format on one of the stations to a non-sports format.

There's NFL/CFL/NBA/Premier League going on. Not to mention AHL/BCJHL and WHL they can talk about or cover.

Ferraro has been talking a lot about junior hockey and the AHL so they are keeping busy.

I'm surprised we're not getting more coverage of Serie A and other European leagues in soccer. Or getting more reports from the Swiss and Swedish leagues in Hockey.

Stopped downloading BMAC and Taylor podcast for about a month. Just started again and it is just brutal.

I also download Pratt's podcast. Not as good as when he had Taylor to work off of, but still miles better than BMAC & Taylor.

I never listen to 1040 anymore. Pratt has his own show on 980 now before Dan Russel which are the only ones I find interesting.

Even when there was hockey, 1040 kinda pissed me off. Often they would shut down between 9 and 11pm and play that awful Fox sports radio which never ever breathed a word about hockey.

I still like Don Talor but I can't stand BMac. He interrupts everybody (even his guests) all the time so he can say something stupid. And as much as I don't like hearing the Moj on the station, I hate hearing BMac always talking down to Moj. Classless egocentric loudmouth you are Barry.

Archived