#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

1st deal.... no way in hell burkie does that

2nd deal..... seems fair but I wouldn't do it as it takes too much out of our team

If we sign Arnott at 2.1 M per he isn't going to be playing wing on our 4th line
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 87Crosby

87Crosby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

5th Overall pick and great prospect for a unwanted goalie and forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :picard:
Posted Image

#4 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

leafs trade van riemsdyk rielly for raymond luongo 2nd rounder

edler booth 1st rounder for perry

First one is laughable, second one is more reasonable but I can't imagine Anaheim being interested. Perry's 27 years old and has won a Cup and a Hart. He's pretty good. I would think that they'd trade Ryan far sooner than they'd trade Perry.

#5 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

5th Overall pick and great prospect for a unwanted goalie and forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :picard:

Unwanted forward and a goalie*

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  

Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#6 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

That Toronto deal is TERRIBLE for Toronto!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#7 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

That deal makes no sense for Toronto. Would never happen.
Anaheim deal is good value wise, but our lineup is stronger with Booth and Edler than it is with just Perry.
Posted Image

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

You didn't just say Luongo is an unwanted goalie, did you? You are sooooo wrong on that statement.

JVR isn't a prospect btw

The Toronto deal doesn't have a chance of happening. The Perry deal is actually pretty close to what Anaheim would want for Corey. Not bad, not bad.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 11 November 2012 - 12:50 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

1. Burke says No

2. No thanks, look at the Defense core, Sauve and Rielly as the bottom pair? I would rather hold onto Edler.

zackass.png

#10 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

So, basically, our team gets substantially worse ... :picard:

#11 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Anaheim deal is good value wise, but our lineup is stronger with Booth and Edler than it is with just Perry.

I disagree. Losing Edler wouldn't be as big of a hit to our D core as alot might think. If he was dealt, a combination of Garrison and Ballard are more than capable of replacing what he brings. Say what you want about Ballard but he still hasn't been given a fair shot in a top 4 roll since he's been here while proving he can do it everywhere else that he plays.

Lets not forget also that a defenseman can be targeted in a Luongo trade if desired.

I know the return isn't exactly ideal, especially given salary, but if we traded Luongo to Florida for Campbell this trade might look even better.

To Florida: Luongo
To Vancouver: Brian Campbell

with original proposed trade ..
To Anaheim : Edler, Booth, 1st
To Vancouver: Perry

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kassian Kesler Perry
Hansen Lapierre Higgins
Volpatti Malhotra Pinizotto

Hamhuis Bieksa
Campbell Garrison
Tanev Ballard

...... Sign me up!

#12 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

You're proposing other teams trading their best assets for the Canucks' garbage.

Both trades are not even close.

If Anaheim trades Perry, they're going to rebuild. They don't want players in their late 20s underacheiving or pending UFAs.

Toronto isn't going to trade their best young players for Luongo, no one else will either.

Edited by ConnorFutureGM, 12 November 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#13 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Toronto isn't going to trade their best young players for Luongo, no one else will either.

A pet peeve of mine are posts like these. Like, give an example as to why Toronto wouldn't trade one of their best prospects for Luongo instead of just flat out saying they won't.

If trading one of your best young players means you can improve substantially in another position, without giving up a top six forward or top 4 D man, why not go for it?

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 12 November 2012 - 12:16 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#14 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

A pet peeve of mine are posts like these. Like, give an example as to why Toronto wouldn't trade one of their best prospects for Luongo instead of just flat out saying they won't.

If trading one of your best young players means you can improve substantially in another position, without giving up a top six forward or top 4 D man, why not go for it?

Luongo doesn't have that value.

You're going to say something like he will make them a playoff team, improve them immensely, ....

I'm going to say it's his contract and the fact he hasn't proven to be a difference maker goaltender

You're going to come with these stretches he played great in Vancouver and he has a great cap hit

I'm going to say he choked and it's the term

You're going to say the team choked and he'll retire before then

I'm going to say he didn't steal a series when the Canucks needed it and you don't know when he'll retire

The point of the matter is if those are the pieces that you think the Leafs would trade for Luongo, they could get a better goaltender than that and or a #1 centre with those assets.

#15 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

You're going to say something like he will make them a playoff team, improve them immensely, ....

I'm going to say it's his contract and the fact he hasn't proven to be a difference maker goaltender

You're going to come with these stretches he played great in Vancouver and he has a great cap hit

I'm going to say he didn't steal a series when the Canucks needed it and you don't know when he'll retire

The point of the matter is if those are the pieces that you think the Leafs would trade for Luongo, they could get a better goaltender than that and or a #1 centre with those assets.

Luongo absolutely has that value, you just can't see it because you have the Lu hater blinders on.

Luongo could very easily make the Leafs a playoff team, not much one could argue on that statement.

Time and time again people have told you and King Luongo's contract isn't even that bad, and with the new CBA it will be even better.

And there aren't many goalies (if any) currently on the market that are better than Luongo.

#16 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

The last time a high-calibre goaltender was traded was Halak and he went for a top prospect (Eller) and a mediocre prospect (Schultz). I don't think anyone's going to argue that Halak is better than Luongo, although he does have a more manageable contract.

Toronto can keep missing the playoffs for all I care. Luongo isn't far removed from being a Vezina finalist and a Stanley Cup appearance.

Of course, only on this forum is potential skill > actual skill.

#17 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Luongo absolutely has that value, you just can't see it because you have the Lu hater blinders on.

Luongo could very easily make the Leafs a playoff team, not much one could argue on that statement.

Time and time again people have told you and King Luongo's contract isn't even that bad, and with the new CBA it will be even better.

And there aren't many goalies (if any) currently on the market that are better than Luongo.

Just because you can get 1000 people from this board to say that Luongo is as valuble as Stamkos doesn't mean it's right. If anything, whatever the majority believes on this board when it comes to trade means it is not likely true.

I will bet you a sig bet for a year that Vancouver doesn't get any one of Rielly, Gardiner or Van Riemsdyk FOR Luongo if traded to Toronto.

Put your money where your mouth is kid.

#18 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Just because you can get 1000 people from this board to say that Luongo is as valuble as Stamkos doesn't mean it's right. If anything, whatever the majority believes on this board when it comes to trade means it is not likely true.

I will bet you a sig bet for a year that Vancouver doesn't get any one of Rielly, Gardiner or Van Riemsdyk FOR Luongo if traded to Toronto.

Put your money where your mouth is kid.

Hmm lets see, their latest 1st round draft pick, their defenseman with the most potential, or the guy they just traded for to be their first line center...... obviously that bet is in your favour.

That is all besides the point, you're resorting to throwing out random names and challenging people to bets as soon as they don't agree with you? Maybe its the fact that you called Roberto Luongo, Alex Edler, a first round pick, and David Booth Canucks garbage.

Seriously...... Roberto Luongo and Alex Edler Canucks garbage???? Grow up, kid.

#19 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Unless the new CBA (if there is one anytime soon) puts the cap up to 70mil , the canucks are over the cap and Roberto Luongo becomes virtually worthless in trade value.

We would have to put him on waivers because the only teams that have the cap room to take him are bottom feeders he would never agree to go to in the first place.

The owners demand of a roll back makes Luongo an albatross around our neck with nowhere to go.

I have no idea what Gillis is going to do but certainly in hindsight the Luongo signing is the second worst in canucks history behind the Messier signing.

None of this means Lui aint a good goalie. He is . But his contract has crushed his value. Gillis should have taken what he could get if there were actual offers on the table.
Posted Image

#20 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just curious here, what goaltender "better" than Luongo do you believe Burke could get with those pieces?

I'm of the opinion that Burke won't give up his top roster players, his 2013 1st, or his top prospects (Rielly, Gardiner, maybe even Colborne). Who can blame him? This being said, I do believe that Gillis will push to get them, and if Burke says no, then he will wangle something else of perhaps equal or greater value to the team.

If Burke says no to trading the prospects or picks listed, then demand more as compensation. Get Ashton, Biggs, the 2014 1st, a roster player and the rights to Franson (even if he decided he didn't want to play here, he could return a decent pick from a a trade or RFA signing).

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#21 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hmm lets see, their latest 1st round draft pick, their defenseman with the most potential, or the guy they just traded for to be their first line center...... obviously that bet is in your favour.

That is all besides the point, you're resorting to throwing out random names and challenging people to bets as soon as they don't agree with you? Maybe its the fact that you called Roberto Luongo, Alex Edler, a first round pick, and David Booth Canucks garbage.

Seriously...... Roberto Luongo and Alex Edler Canucks garbage???? Grow up, kid.

I said the Leafs aren't going to trade any of those assets for Luongo. Mullet said Luongo can have that value so I'm going to challenge him to back up his opinion.

Luongo and Booth both don't have great contracts for different reasons. Edler is a pending UFA. Anaheim isn't going to trade the Hart Trophy winner one year removed for a bad contract, a UFA and an unlikely elite draft pick. They can get a HELL of a lot more.

There's a difference between a legitimate trade proposal and a Canuck fan wet dream. Yours was the latter.

#22 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I said the Leafs aren't going to trade any of those assets for Luongo. Mullet said Luongo can have that value so I'm going to challenge him to back up his opinion.

Luongo and Booth both don't have great contracts for different reasons. Edler is a pending UFA. Anaheim isn't going to trade the Hart Trophy winner one year removed for a bad contract, a UFA and an unlikely elite draft pick. They can get a HELL of a lot more.

There's a difference between a legitimate trade proposal and a Canuck fan wet dream. Yours was the latter.

Luongo is still one of the best goalies in the NHL. Edler is just entering his prime and will be amazing for 5-7 years. And Booth is a very solid 2nd liner and would help give the Leafs a more legit 2nd line.

#23 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Luongo is still one of the best goalies in the NHL. Edler is just entering his prime and will be amazing for 5-7 years. And Booth is a very solid 2nd liner and would help give the Leafs a more legit 2nd line.

Then why on earth would the Canucks let go of such amazing pieces?

#24 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Weren't you the one that said Luongo couldn't even get us JEFF PETRY straight up because he was Edmonton BEST DEFENSEMAN, and then justified it by saying it was because he played on their first pairing?

Didn't you also say that if New Jersey was ever interested in Luongo THE MOST we could get was Danius Zubrus, Johan Hedberg, and Alex Urbom???? :lol:

Sorry, its a little difficult to take advice from you on the "legitimacy" of a trade proposal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.