The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

So my "opinion" about smaller players being less likely to make the NHL is biased?

Ok there chief. Go get a list of how many players there are under 5'10" in the NHL, and how many smaller prospects there are putting up great numbers in the minors. That should give you an idea of the likelihood of him making it.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Maybe you shouldn't brag about flames prospects on a Canucks board.

So my "opinion" about smaller players being less likely to make the NHL is biased?

Ok there chief. Go get a list of how many players there are under 5'10" in the NHL, and how many smaller prospects there are putting up great numbers in the minors. That should give you an idea of the likelihood of him making it.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Maybe you shouldn't brag about flames prospects on a Canucks board.

MSL

Brian Gionta

Nathan Gerbe

Mike Cammalleri

Danny Briere

Derek Roy

Tyler Ennis

Brad Marchand

Steve Sullivan

David Desharnais

just to name a few

AHL Cam Atkinson, too lazy to look the others up.

Oh and take off your Schroeder colored glasses, by your standards he's not making the NHL either champ.

This may have been the worst team Canada in around 10 years or more. In 10 they were one overtime goal away. In 11 they basically had it but they fell asleep and let Russia come back. Last year Murray, a pretty decent player, just happens to have maybe one of the worst games of his life. Canada may have lost this game anyway but at least when they got it going in that game they made things happen. This year if anything Canada got the breaks and they still were significantly outplayed. It's amazing how these guys light it up with their CHL teams but struggle so mightily to score against any of the good teams in this tourney.

Okay you've named 10 players out of 700 in the NHL. That's about 1.5% of the league.

And you've only named 3 that have been drafted in the last 10 years. It goes to show what sort of impact smaller players are making in the league today.

I already said that the odds are stacked against him. He's going to have to be way better than any 6'0"+ players to make it.

Don't try and bring this guy down. He's clearly hyped up on this guy. Yet he thinks I'm the one with the rose colored glasses on.

Anton Rodin also had as many points as Neidereiter in the world juniors. Who do you thinks gonna be the better player?

That's why the world juniors have to be taken with a grain of salt. It's easy to hype up prospects here.

Archived