The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Oh my god

Give it a rest king, they haven't even had a full day of training camp yet and your already callin Schneider an emo b***h thats about to fail. There is absolutely no fact to this, only your own personal negativity. I don't know if you had a bad minor hockey experience or where your theory is coming from, but these guys are pros and I'd say are both in pretty damn good spirits about all this.

Source is not considered reliable by any stretch, hence not posted in the news thread:

Luongo to Leafs for Bozak & 1st (year not specified)

Mostly posting so that if it turns out correct, he will become the new SamJam (i.e. he must be right this time because he beat the insiders last time!!). Not releasing his name as it was simply a friend posting on Facebook, but he has some interesting connections.

EDIT: should note that he claims this is a done deal, not the current offer.

Source is not considered reliable by any stretch, hence not posted in the news thread:

Luongo to Leafs for Bozak & 1st (year not specified)

Mostly posting so that if it turns out correct, he will become the new SamJam (i.e. he must be right this time because he beat the insiders last time!!). Not releasing his name as it was simply a friend posting on Facebook, but he has some interesting connections.

EDIT: should note that he claims this is a done deal, not the current offer.

Put yourself in his shoes. After being drafted nearly an entire decade earlier, you're finally getting the opportunity - which you've earned - to be the team's starting goaltender.

Not only is the guy you're replacing the most decorated goalie the franchise has ever had - by a mile - the team has chosen to hang on to him and now training camp is starting and he's the most popular guy in the city. If they don't trade Luongo, and he's on the bench on opening night, what's going through your head? Knowing that an all-star goaltender is on the bench, ready to step in, and potentially even steal back his job. Not exactly confidence inspiring, is it?

Put yourself in his shoes. After being drafted nearly an entire decade earlier, you're finally getting the opportunity - which you've earned - to be the team's starting goaltender.

Not only is the guy you're replacing the most decorated goalie the franchise has ever had - by a mile - the team has chosen to hang on to him and now training camp is starting and he's the most popular guy in the city. If they don't trade Luongo, and he's on the bench on opening night, what's going through your head? Knowing that an all-star goaltender is on the bench, ready to step in, and potentially even steal back his job. Not exactly confidence inspiring, is it?

Boy, Cory Schneider must be so happy that Luongo's still here.

Supposedly had the loudest applause at the practice today, fans chanting his name, etc. Suddenly, Luongo's the most popular Canuck that there is. Schneider's tenure as our starter hasn't even started yet, and he's already second in popularity to his backup.

This really has the potential to get ugly. If Schneider struggles to start the season, you can be sure that Luongo watching over his shoulder has a big hand in that. Shame on Mike Gillis for not dealing with this earlier, and letting it fester. Even if Lou is dealt before the season starts, the damage has been done.

Everybody can smile for the cameras at practice, where all is rosy, but I am pretty certain that behind the scenes, Cory Schneider is none too impressed with Roberto Luongo still being a Canuck.

Boo hoo! If that is the case & Schneider is going to be rattled by legitimate competition for the #1 spot then maybe he should be the one in trade talks.

Since when is a player guaranteed a spot, especially the #1 goaltending position? If Schnieder is going to be our new #1 then he better get use to playing under pressure. Every other goaltender in the team's history has had to. I would have thought that having a legitimate back-up would motivate him to stay on top of his game.

Oh my god

Give it a rest king, they haven't even had a full day of training camp yet and your already callin Schneider an emo b***h thats about to fail. There is absolutely no fact to this, only your own personal negativity. I don't know if you had a bad minor hockey experience or where your theory is coming from, but these guys are pros and I'd say are both in pretty damn good spirits about all this.

Boy, Cory Schneider must be so happy that Luongo's still here.

Supposedly had the loudest applause at the practice today, fans chanting his name, etc. Suddenly, Luongo's the most popular Canuck that there is. Schneider's tenure as our starter hasn't even started yet, and he's already second in popularity to his backup.

This really has the potential to get ugly. If Schneider struggles to start the season, you can be sure that Luongo watching over his shoulder has a big hand in that. Shame on Mike Gillis for not dealing with this earlier, and letting it fester. Even if Lou is dealt before the season starts, the damage has been done.

Everybody can smile for the cameras at practice, where all is rosy, but I am pretty certain that behind the scenes, Cory Schneider is none too impressed with Roberto Luongo still being a Canuck.

Toronto say no. They won't do it. Four quality pieces? You're crazy. Bozak had 47 points in only 73 games last year - he's a top 6 C in TO, and they can't afford to lose him. Kadri is their only skilled center prospect and scoring a ppg in the AHL - the Leafs and their fans are very high on him. Go to the Leafs board and propose that and watch them flame you! Franson will be a big part of their blueline without the disappointing Schenn around - Franson will be a top 4 - they can't afford to move him! And a pick on top of that. That is a definite top 35 pick!! Almost a low first rounder. Nonis laughs and hangs up.

It's a great thing you slug, what a tandem, i feel great not trading Lou till the dead line if that what needs to happen. A shorten season will mean more rest for our two goalies which could equal a fresh playoff start that we lack. GO HOME!!!! Play on your own boards!!!

I have talked to alot of leafs fans on HF actually.

Your wrong on Franson, he isn't a top 4 Dman on there team, infact last year he was barely a top 6 Dman and he also doesn't really like being there. They have a # of guys in contention for the bottom line spot, so Franson isn't a huge part of there team, Franson isn't as valuable as you think, Tanev is better than him.

Kadri is a good prospect but is likely to be in any deal, also under Carlyle who knows if he will be on the team? His spot isn't a sure thing by anymeans, but as I said is likely in any deal for us involving TO.

Bozak got 47 points playing on the top line, that was a top line that ripped it up, Lupul had 67 Points and Kessel had over 80, you would think Bozak would get a bit better point totals, he is a decent player, a 3rd liner, maybe 2nd/3rd tweener, he is a pending UFA so his value really isn't all that high, as for center's they have other guys, Connolly was in that 1st line spot before he got hurt, then Grabovksi in the 2nd spot, then Lombardi and McClement can also fill top 9 spots down the middle, then also maybe Colbourne and/or JVR can take top 9 center spots.

the 2nd isn't a top 35 pick, that team is a playoff team with Roberto Luongo, that pick is more like 45 - 55 overall (15 - 25)

Archived