The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Not sure if its been mentioned or not but what about Washington as a trade partner?

Neuvirth / 1st or a prospect (Forsberg or any of their highly touted prospect)

for

Luongo

We get a decent backup + prospect for down the road or a draft pick for the upcoming draft and they get a solid 1a 1b tandem with Holtby & Luongo as well as insurance incase the unlikely event that Holtby falters a bit under the pressure.

Plus it may get rid of any awkward dressing room moments / atmosphere between Neuvirth & Ovie

i agree it may be in the best interest to run with the goalie tandem for this short season. But if thats the case, I think the GM should come out and say that so this media barage can stop asking everyone the same question.

To me it makes sense anyway

I hope the Canucks want to trade Lu at 33 rather than 34. They will lose value otherwise. Gillis might wait for 10 - 15 games to get the value he wants as the season will wind down quickly. The Van CUP timeline almost demands Lu bring back a top player and in his case a forward. If Kesleer is progressing as well as they said yesterday then I still think a RW might be a target.

I still hope Gillis's deal brings a top player (RW) + prospect + a pic. Throwing in a piece on Van's end if necessary.

Raymond is not a throw away. His 25 goals (which could have been 30) is nothing to sneeze at. He has had time to recup his back. I am very curious to see him in action as well as Lappy. My hunch is Lappy take a hard run at the 3rd C spot. He has all the skills. He had the absolute sickest shift produced by a Canuck last season.

The out clause is not "out of contract" it's and out clause from "NTC". As per CBA NHL contracts are all guaranteed, teams and players can't negotiate a contract out of parameters of CBA. The rule still applies.

The Cap recapture rule charges the cap to the team's payroll if the player retires early. Canucks would be on th e hook for cap savings during Luongo's stay in VAN, approx $6 mill over past 2 seasons. Luongo's new team will be on hook for cap for the cap savings they get over Luongo's stay with team. Approx $6 mill if he plays until his salary drops to around $1 mill per year for final 3 years.

Not sure if its been mentioned or not but what about Washington as a trade partner?

Neuvirth / 1st or a prospect (Forsberg or any of their highly touted prospect)

for

Luongo

We get a decent backup + prospect for down the road or a draft pick for the upcoming draft and they get a solid 1a 1b tandem with Holtby & Luongo as well as insurance incase the unlikely event that Holtby falters a bit under the pressure.

Plus it may get rid of any awkward dressing room moments / atmosphere between Neuvirth & Ovie

If it has to be the leafs I would say frattin because he hits and can score if given the chance.possible playoff performer.Biggs,if developed seems to be a guy on the third line that can hammer people but not hurt you defensively at least.A high Draft pick so as to put Van in a position to move at the draft.That would allow Van to get a specific player to fill a need.If TO thinks Bozak Kadri etc have a lot of value then it should be no problem getting replacement draft picks in return.

And what happens if nobody wants him? Whoops.

Anyone whining about the proposed returns today will be in need of therapy after learning of the kind of offers we'd get for Luongo if we hang on to him for this whole year and try and sell-off again in the summer.

If it has to be the leafs I would say frattin because he hits and can score if given the chance.possible playoff performer.Biggs,if developed seems to be a guy on the third line that can hammer people but not hurt you defensively at least.A high Draft pick so as to put Van in a position to move at the draft.That would allow Van to get a specific player to fill a need.If TO thinks Bozak Kadri etc have a lot of value then it should be no problem getting replacement draft picks in return.

If your going to do that you might as well throw everyone's stick in the middle of the ice and get Jay Onrait to throw on a blind fold and fire them on each side of the rink to decide who goes where

Make a TSN special out of it.

Dan O'tool can be a ref or something cause those guys are always together.

And they sure are funny.

I think Nonis should give it up with the Burke poker face.

Burke was believable - when he says he's stubborn enough not to pay a price for goaltending, I didn't doubt him. We've seen how he operates.

But Nonis is the one that went public that the Leafs need a veteran goaltender. An admission that put Burke between a rockier and a harder place.

Now he's saying things like 'we want a veteran but we don't want to trade any players that would make the team in front of him not quite as good, and we don't want to trade our young players, and we don't want to move any of our young reserve assets....'

Santa Claus has already come and gone. If he didn't drop a veteran goaltender at center ice of MLG, the Laffs may want to put their Lalala dreams to rest. In real life, most of us have to pay for things.

Oh yeah we should definitely try to get the 2nd as well, I'm sure MG will get the best deal possible.

OK I know both of us think we aren't getting Gardiner or Couturier or B Schenn etc but....

I've been thinking since last night that because Gardiner is injured and he can't be traded until cleared, perhaps there is reason for hope that MG could pry Gardiner out of TOR. Maybe this is the reason Lu hasn't been traded yet. Once Gardiner is cleared then the trade could be consummated.

Canucks also need a backup goalie if Lu traded, so Reimer may also be coming this way

Jake Gardiner + Kadri + Reimer for Lu + Raymond + Schroeder or Sauve

What do you think?

Archived