The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Mark me down as one who thinks that any/all of these packages are pipe-dreams, especially the Florida & Philadelphia ones.

Mark me down as well as one who thinks that Gillis will need to be the guy that "caves" first, especially if Luongo gets sick of playing the nice guy act and wants to actually play some hockey, necessitating some effort from MG.

Honestly - has anybody (besides me) thought of what happens if any of these teams don't cave? Consequences, people, consequences...

Interesting that Edmonton has been a team with lots of mention in the past few days, Tambo didn't shut down rumours either just said "this is something we can't talk about at the moment" or something.

I can't imagine him being traded inter-divisionally, but Edmonton's defensive game could sure use a Luongo-like boost..

Of course they will. Teams are allowed two buyouts in the summer.

Teams who have failed seasons and are looking to upgrade their goaltending position will be interested.

Besides, if packages like Kadri and Bozak are all this team can get, Luongo makes this team better than those two would. And deals like that will still be available in the summer.

Just because buyouts are allowed doesn't mean that they'll actually happen. You've still got to convince a tightwad owner to do it. Might fly in a place like Montreal, but I don't think you'll find too many owners keen on that route, especially after a year where income will be down as much as it is after the lockout.

And your last paragraph is very debatable - and IMO, wrong. Bozak would help this team out a lot. Kadri, who knows. Boom or bust. Lu will probably play in no more than 20 games, if he were to stay here for the whole 48.

It just gets annoying when people act high-and-mighty around here about the Canucks, and Mike Gillis, who can do absolutely no wrong to a large contingent of folks on this site.

oldnews discredits Schultz all the time, while simultaneously being irrationally excited about a guy like Tanev.

The Oilers have 5 Cups, the Canucks have 0. It's not really an organization that a Canuck fan should be talking trash to.

Far as Luo goes I think a deal will be done this year!!!Vanouver has won the cup just was before the NHL started and we should have been one of the original teams, but since teams where back east they didn't want us in the mix as it would have meant more travel.So YES Vancouver has had a cup the count is not 0!

Archived