The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Cam Barker with Canucks?

Avicii

Edler, Ballard, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Tanev have all played in the SCF.

Is that not Veteran Experience? I honestly don't think 1 more win would give them more experience than they already have. They know what it takes to win.

If this turns out to work for us it could be great, he could solidify our defense playing depth as a 6th or 7th man, he brings some size if we do decide to keep him, if he could put up the numbers he did back when he was in Chicago that would be more than enough for me. Especially if we get him for 1-1.5M it would be good. Not to mention if he just plain out sucks during the training we're not obligated to sign him.

when he was with those teams they flat-out sucked. couldn't have been all his fault. No real excitement if he gets an invite officially, I doubt he will be the only d-man invited. also, did anyone think todd fedoruk would make the team last year? No, but there wasn't backlash like this about it.

when he was with those teams they flat-out sucked. couldn't have been all his fault. No real excitement if he gets an invite officially, I doubt he will be the only d-man invited. also, did anyone think todd fedoruk would make the team last year? No, but there wasn't backlash like this about it.

I would be shocked if Barker made the Canucks. He's barely an AHL defenseman so how would he fit on one of the better teams in the Western Conference? Barker was a huge disappointment as a first round pick, especially 3rd overall. At least we (the Blackhawks) were able to turn Barker into Nick Leddy via trade.

@News1130Sports

#Canucks will have a new face at UBC this morning. Agent J. Barry tells us that defenseman Cam Barker will join the practice.

@News1130Sports

Barker hasn't signed with the Canucks, he just doesn't have anyone to work out with in Summerland.

@News1130Sports

Barry says he's still talking to several teams about Barker including the #Canucks.

Archived