Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Mentally challenged girl, 15, 'gang raped under her desk during class as teacher did NOTHING'

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I hope they send those boys to 15 years in:

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#32 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

God damn America really needs to figure their s*** out
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#33 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

We don't know that it happened. All it is is allegations at this point. Do we really believe that in a class of 15 students, one student was allowed to dance on a desk while another student sexually assaulted a student underneath that desk?

I say this with some hesitation, because I know that I might receive some backlash, but unfortunately it is not rare for children with mental disabilities and a low IQ to make up stories to get attention. Individuals with a low IQ often are stimulation-seeking. A common behaviour is to call 911/fire department from a cell phone or payphone to report a crime/fire, they will then watch from a distance as police/fire department arrive so that they can watch the action unfold. Maybe that is the case here. Or maybe it absolutely is not, and the assault didn't happen. I'm just saying that with such a shocking story, more than one voice needs to be heard.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#34 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

We don't know that it happened. All it is is allegations at this point. Do we really believe that in a class of 15 students, one student was allowed to dance on a desk while another student sexually assaulted a student underneath that desk?

I say this with some hesitation, because I know that I might receive some backlash, but unfortunately it is not rare for children with mental disabilities and a low IQ to make up stories to get attention. Individuals with a low IQ often are stimulation-seeking. A common behaviour is to call 911/fire department from a cell phone or payphone to report a crime/fire, they will then watch from a distance as police/fire department arrive so that they can watch the action unfold. Maybe that is the case here. Or maybe it absolutely is not, and the assault didn't happen. I'm just saying that with such a shocking story, more than one voice needs to be heard.

True...but I'm assuming that her mother had her checked out by a doctor before making the accusation.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#35 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

True...but I'm assuming that her mother had her checked out by a doctor before making the accusation.

That's what we should expect of typical parents. However, this is a school for juvenile delinquents, and the youth in these schools typically come from disrupted family backgrounds where parents don't always make the 'right' choices.

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

#36 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

That's what we should expect of typical parents. However, this is a school for juvenile delinquents, and the youth in these schools typically come from disrupted family backgrounds where parents don't always make the 'right' choices.

True...but the school did their own internal investigation and fired the teacher...so something happened...schools don't typically fire teachers for no reason....

Posted Image

#37 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I don't see how a doctor could confirm anything in this case.
Posted Image

#38 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

How is it possible she was the only girl in the class? That doesn't seem logically possible unless there's an imbalance of the gender of students at that academy.

On this one point from your post... my wife works at a school in Victoria that caters to students with learning difficulties. At her school, the population is easily 90% boys. So it didn't surprise me at all in this story that there was only one girl in the class.

Edited by goalie13, 14 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

True...but the school did their own internal investigation and fired the teacher...so something happened...schools don't typically fire teachers for no reason....

Very good point. No leave with (or without pay), no suspension, just a straight up firing.

#40 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Was that the teacher who was present for the supposed rape? When I read the story, I thought that was referring to the teacher who put the girl in the room with the boy, and did nothing about the gash above her eye thereafter.

Was it the same teacher?
Posted Image

#41 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Was that the teacher who was present for the supposed rape? When I read the story, I thought that was referring to the teacher who put the girl in the room with the boy, and did nothing about the gash above her eye thereafter.

Was it the same teacher?

Don't know - there doesn't seem to be a lot of info available for this story.

Posted Image

#42 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Don't know - there doesn't seem to be a lot of info available for this story.

I could see the teacher getting fired for the gash incident, as there was real evidence that the girl was hurt, and they not only facilitated it, but then did nothing about it.

However for the alleged rape, unless witnesses come forward and back her up, I don't see how this can be proven. I'm not saying I don't believe her at all, but at the same time, with such a logic-defying tale, I wouldn't simply take her word for it without some sort of corroborative evidence.

Edited by D-Money, 14 January 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I could see the teacher getting fired for the gash incident, as there was real evidence that the girl was hurt, and they not only facilitated it, but then did nothing about it.

However for the alleged rape, unless witnesses come forward and back her up, I don't see how this can be proven. I'm not saying I don't believe her at all, but at the same time, with such a logic-defying tale, I wouldn't simply take her word for it without some sort of corroborative evidence.

Like I said earlier, if she went to a doctor, and was checked, they would be able to tell is she was sexually assaulted....

As far as the legal part - that is what is really sad - that it doesn't matter whether she was raped or not - all that matters is what some lawyer can prove or disprove.

Posted Image

#44 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Like I said earlier, if she went to a doctor, and was checked, they would be able to tell is she was sexually assaulted....

Not true. The story says she was "orally sodomized". How would a doctor be able to tell?

#45 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

What is wrong with the world today???

The world has always been a nice n' steady wrong.

#46 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

As far as the legal part - that is what is really sad - that it doesn't matter whether she was raped or not - all that matters is what some lawyer can prove or disprove.

She claimed that they forced her to perform oral - I don't know if that can be medically confirmed.

It is sad, if there is any truth to her claims. However, without evidence of any sort, is it any less sad to destroy others' lives over her somewhat dubious claims?
Posted Image

#47 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Not true. The story says she was "orally sodomized". How would a doctor be able to tell?

She claimed that they forced her to perform oral - I don't know if that can be medically confirmed.

It is sad, if there is any truth to her claims. However, without evidence of any sort, is it any less sad to destroy others' lives over her somewhat dubious claims?

Where are you getting that?

From the OP's posts:

"The girl's mother, who filed the suit, alleged that the teacher ignored the assault even as one student danced on the desk while another attempted to sodomize K.J."

"The sick brutes also tried to anally sodomize her while one of them danced on her desk"

"A mentally challenged 15-year-old girl was gang-raped beneath her desk during class — only feet away from her teachers "

Nothing about "oral" anything there....

Posted Image

#48 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Where are you getting that?

From the OP's posts:

"The girl's mother, who filed the suit, alleged that the teacher ignored the assault even as one student danced on the desk while another attempted to sodomize K.J."

"The sick brutes also tried to anally sodomize her while one of them danced on her desk"

"A mentally challenged 15-year-old girl was gang-raped beneath her desk during class — only feet away from her teachers "

Nothing about "oral" anything there....

From the OPs post:

Group of juvenile delinquents allegedly forced mentally challenged student to perform oral sex on them in science class at the Martin De Porres Academy in Nassau County, the victim's mother claims in lawsuit filed Friday.

[size=4]The "orally sodomized" expression was from another article I read on it:

http://www.globalpos...irl-gang-raped-

The girl, identified only as K.J, was sitting in science class at Martin de Porres Academy in May of 2012, when the assualt began, in which she was allegedly repeatedly "orally sodomized" by two boys, who struck her whenever she tried to escape, writes the New York Daily News.

That's definitely sexual assault, and you can't necessarily prove it by a medical examination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.