The Sig lord

#92 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,172 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

I like what Luongo said, "But aside from 30 regulation saves, Luongo blamed himself for a sharp-angle goal by Jordan Eberle and an Ales Hemsky effort that snuck between his arm and body to force overtime."

That's my feeling too.......he made some very good saves and looked good, but when they needed him to make a save, like 3 seconds after dominating a period, he let in a soft, deflating goal..........par for the Luongo course.

I think the thing about Lu is he's an athletic goalie who makes some of the best reaction saves in the business, but when he needs to be a positional goalie and make a stop by being in good position, he falters. That Eberle goal should have been an easy shot off the shoulder, but he folded back into the net and gave the shooter a hole. Eberle is the last guy you want to do that for.

As far as Edler on that goal.......as a dman, you want to force players like that to shoot from bad angles and from outside the dots........Eddy covered both of those criteria. Luongo should have made the save. Still, it was a great backhand shot.

#93 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

We suck at that stupid skills competition gimmick
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#94 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lu had a strong game.

That said, he should have stopped the Eberle goal. It was a FANTASTIC shot, but still, from that angle, on his glove side, he should have had it.

I got the impression that he's being overly conscious about his short side. Hemsky's goal suggested the same - though was a lot harder to stop. I noticed a slight twitch from Roberto's glove hand before moving his blocker, suggesting to me that he was expecting short side first.
Posted Image

#95 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Kassian needs and deserves some powerplay time. Put him in front of the net screening the goalie and let the twins cycle it around. Why do we have hansen on the PP because the twins thought it might work, well it hasn't. On top of that our second powerplay unit is terrible. Higgins, Ebbet/Lapierre/, & Raymond combined for a total of 3 PPG last year. We really need Kesler and Booth back to take back control something needs to improve our powerplay, perhaps a trade to fill in the wholes. The last few years our PP has been the backbone of are success, it needs to get better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.